Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 07:44 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,075,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Midwesterners have abandoned most of their decent architecture, and are making only token efforts to rehab the rest.
Care to give an actual example of this?

I have come to the conclusion that all of your posts about the Midwest are negative and never really amount to more than the same type of generalities that A) can be said about every region of the US and/or B) are the same type of things said by people who have an axe to grind.

Don't you supposedly live in Michigan? What's your beef? If the Midwest sucks so bad, then why don't you leave it?

Old 07-31-2009, 08:57 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,678,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Are you joking?? Name ONE person who lives on the coasts that doesn't hang out on the beach/rocks at least 4-5 times per week.

My 50 friends in socal...

They live in PB, San Diego..They ****ing pay $1500 a month for a ****ty one bedroom with ****ty neighbors....They work 70 hours a week to pay for it...
no time left for beach

I have an ocean view right out my house, and im in the midwest..Well its Lake Superior, but sure looks like a long horizon of water.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:07 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,678,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
^^ LOL I can't even respond to your post.. you're absolutely ridiculous.

I'm not sure if you were quoting someone else in the second part and forgot but.. if you are claiming Minneapolis is a major city and Cleveland, STL, Cincinnati, and Detroit are not.. I'm going to laugh my butt off. That's hilarious. You think Minneapolis has many more Fortune 500 companies than the cities listed? God I hope not.. if you think so, do some research.
You do research fool.. Minneapolis (Twin Cities) OWN crappers like STL Cincy, and Detroit...and laughable Cleveland...

Fortune 500 companies means decent high paying jobs, educated people, and cleanliness....

Ever gone to a Target? Best Buy? Heard of 3M? Imation? General Mills, you musn't have eaten your wheaties, St. Jude, Travelers?, Cargil, Carlson -which owns Radissons, TGiFs, US Bank, excel energy, medtronic...

I dont know what you were really trying to get at, but MPLS has more Golf Courses, Fortune 500s, theater seats than almost every single city in the USA. Also has an amazing single's scene and women out number men 2-1

Old 08-01-2009, 01:09 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
You do research fool.. Minneapolis (Twin Cities) OWN crappers like STL Cincy, and Detroit...and laughable Cleveland...

Fortune 500 companies means decent high paying jobs, educated people, and cleanliness....

Ever gone to a Target? Best Buy? Heard of 3M? Imation? General Mills, you musn't have eaten your wheaties, St. Jude, Travelers?, Cargil, Carlson -which owns Radissons, TGiFs, US Bank, excel energy, medtronic...

I dont know what you were really trying to get at, but MPLS has more Golf Courses, Fortune 500s, theater seats than almost every single city in the USA. Also has an amazing single's scene and women out number men 2-1
Nice City but.......too hot in summer , too cold in winter.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:39 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,009,937 times
Right. People don't hate Midwest. They just don't talk about it because Midwest has few that are over the top or must-see, and somehow some people want to get attention and find the need to boost the region a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post
You have created quite a few threads that put the Midwesterners on the defensive mode

To be frank, with the exception of Chicago and a few other major cities, the entire Midwest region does not seem to stand out that much.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:54 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Nice City but.......too hot in summer , too cold in winter.
MPLS "too hot in summer"? I dont see how high temps in the low 80's qualifies as "too hot". If thats "too hot", then 95% of this country is "too hot" for you, eh?

Old 08-01-2009, 01:19 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,632,154 times
Quote:

Laughable Cleveland? You're a joke. We have more fortune 500 companies then Minneapolis, better weather, more culture, better diversity, more museums, Lake Erie, just as clean, beautiful suburbs (about 2 million people in the metro live in nice SAFE suburbs that aren't cookie cutter bullcrap), etc.

The fact that you are so ignorant about other cities is laughable.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:16 PM

Please do some research before you claim something.

City proper: Minneapolis 7, Cleveland off the list, that means less than 5.
Fortune 500 2008: Cities

Metro area: Minneapolis 18, Cleveland 11.

//www.city-data.com/forum/city-...itan-area.html

Minneapolis is not at the top of anything except for maybe per capita, but it surely beats Cleveland in terms of Fortune 500 companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
Laughable Cleveland? You're a joke. We have more fortune 500 companies then Minneapolis

Old 08-01-2009, 05:18 PM

No. Minneapolis only shines in these categories if you consider per capita. But yes, Minneapolis can beat Cleveland even in terms of total numbers.

Quote:

Old 08-01-2009, 07:38 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
MPLS "too hot in summer"? I dont see how high temps in the low 80's qualifies as "too hot". If thats "too hot", then 95% of this country is "too hot" for you, eh?
I have been there many times. Yes it does get very hot...and humid , 90s are not uncommon....Its just part of that upper Midwest thing. Hot humid summers , very cold winters.

Take a look at Duluth , not any colder , maybe less in winter. Not as hot in summer. ( The big Lake effect ). here in the UP , we are not having any summer this year , so , there are extremes everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.