Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2009, 07:58 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,633,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionguy View Post
Please do some research before you claim something.

City proper: Minneapolis 7, Cleveland off the list, that means less than 5.
Fortune 500 2008: Cities

Metro area: Minneapolis 18, Cleveland 11.

//www.city-data.com/forum/city-...itan-area.html

Minneapolis is not at the top of anything except for maybe per capita, but it surely beats Cleveland in terms of Fortune 500 companies.
My mistake, they do have more fortune 500 companies, as a state, Ohio has almost double that of Minnesota. Funny, you are the one telling me to do research when you can't even grasp the concept of "per capita". LOL

Old 08-01-2009, 09:32 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,010,681 times
I think we have settled that in the original post and you admitted that you misunderstood what I said? My point was per capita in that particular case is irrelavant, not the way to calculate per capita is wrong. And you at last agreed. Don't you remember now?

I don't usually look at who I am replying to when I post a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
My mistake, they do have more fortune 500 companies, as a state, Ohio has almost double that of Minnesota. Funny, you are the one telling me to do research when you can't even grasp the concept of "per capita". LOL

Old 08-01-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionguy View Post
I think we have settled that in the original post and you admitted that you misunderstood what I said? My point was per capita in that particular case is irrelavant, not the way to calculate per capita is wrong. And you at last agreed. Don't you remember now?

I don't usually look at who I am replying to when I post a response.
I admitted the finally understood what you meant after clarifying your point. It didn't make sense at first. I agreed in some aspects, but if you remember per capita rankings along with number of bars rankings combined would be the best way to determine... Regardless, of course NYC has a better nightlife than Milwaukee. Can't dispute that

Old 08-02-2009, 09:05 AM

Then stop saying something like I don't understand what per capita is. It is insulting and you know that is not true. If you always assume people are stupid, of course you wouldn't understand what they are saying because most of them are way above that level and they don't find the need to discuss something as low as how to calculate per capita. Only if you look above that you can figure out what they are really talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
I admitted the finally understood what you meant after clarifying your point. It didn't make sense at first. I agreed in some aspects, but if you remember per capita rankings along with number of bars rankings combined would be the best way to determine... Regardless, of course NYC has a better nightlife than Milwaukee. Can't dispute that

Old 08-02-2009, 09:15 AM

1,149 posts, read 1,592,153 times
To the person who complains about architecture in the MidWest:

Michigan has some gorgeous architecture. In fact, a building from my hometown was voted one of the 100 most beautiful buildings in the US. And it's not even a big town.

Detroit alone has some gorgeous buildings.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:11 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,076,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
You do research fool.. Minneapolis (Twin Cities) OWN crappers like STL Cincy, and Detroit...and laughable Cleveland...

Fortune 500 companies means decent high paying jobs, educated people, and cleanliness....

Ever gone to a Target? Best Buy? Heard of 3M? Imation? General Mills, you musn't have eaten your wheaties, St. Jude, Travelers?, Cargil, Carlson -which owns Radissons, TGiFs, US Bank, excel energy, medtronic...

I dont know what you were really trying to get at, but MPLS has more Golf Courses, Fortune 500s, theater seats than almost every single city in the USA. Also has an amazing single's scene and women out number men 2-1
I hate the way people from Minnesota think Minneapolis is Paris or something.

Minneapolis has the 2nd most theatre seats per capita after NYC, but Houston actually has the 2nd largest theatre district in the US.

Women do not outnumber men 2:1 in Minneapolis. In fact, men actually outnumber women.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:18 AM

I agree that theater seats per capita is another factor you can't really consider per capita, except that maybe it is easier to get a ticket? Most shows will go to places with more high quality theaters in terms of total number, not per capita. I don't know about Houston, but LA or Chicago definitely has a better theater scene than Minneapolis, with a lot more variety of shows. What shows you can get or produce is the really important thing in this category. Minneapolis has the 2nd most theaters seats per capita. Great statistics to show off and boost the city. But no, it doesn't make much difference in real life. Nobody outside Minnesota knows about or cares about that statistics. Top shows still go to the biggest cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post

Minneapolis has the 2nd most theatre seats per capita after NYC, but Houston actually has the 2nd largest theatre district in the US.

Women do not outnumber men 2:1 in Minneapolis. In fact, men actually outnumber women.

Last edited by fashionguy; 08-02-2009 at 10:48 AM..

Old 08-02-2009, 10:29 AM

70 posts, read 273,684 times
Quote:

I like your map, however percentages would give a more accurate picture over shear #'s

Old 08-02-2009, 02:56 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,680,002 times
Quote:

I hate when people make assumptions when they dont have a clue to what they are talking about... I can tell you that Minnesotan's don't think that Minneapolis is Paris... Why would anyone think that?

I was just stating that many people do not realize that the Twin Cities are an arts hub and have a booming arts scene... A lot better than Milwaukee... You're just another angry person from Wisconsin who wishes they were from Minnesota, sad but it's true.

Milwaukee is a garbage city... It's not a global city, and it's merely a suburb of Chicago..

Milwaukee's Airport is lame, the city has a laughable skyline...the only thing going for milwaukee is Miller Park, which I must agree is probably one of the best ballparks in the USA

Old 08-02-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
I hate when people make assumptions when they dont have a clue to what they are talking about... I can tell you that Minnesotan's don't think that Minneapolis is Paris... Why would anyone think that?

I was just stating that many people do not realize that the Twin Cities are an arts hub and have a booming arts scene... A lot better than Milwaukee... You're just another angry person from Wisconsin who wishes they were from Minnesota, sad but it's true.

Milwaukee is a garbage city... It's not a global city, and it's merely a suburb of Chicago..

Milwaukee's Airport is lame, the city has a laughable skyline...the only thing going for milwaukee is Miller Park, which I must agree is probably one of the best ballparks in the USA
Read your first sentence.. then read the rest of what you wrote. The hypocrisy is almost laughable. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.