Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 02:51 PM

12,839 posts, read 9,567,574 times

Advertisements

Chic Fil A is popular everywhere. Well, that being said, the one in Bellevue is crazy busy, but I think there's only 3 or 4 of them total in the Seattle area. Scarcity can create popularity I guess. A couple of other thoughts. Every Chic fil A I've been to has insanely friendly staff, except in OC. Weird. Also, the fact that they're known as a place with Christian values is probably great for business.

Last edited by Gaylord_Focker; 12-23-2020 at 03:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2020, 03:18 PM

4,159 posts, read 2,850,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Jersey Mike's isnt even that good. The menu is limited and they don't toast sandwiches... And there's like no topping options.

I don't even think Chick Fil A is that good. When you got Popeyes, Bojangles and Zaxby's .. are you really going to tell me your going to chick fil a. Nah man.

Also, in Massachusetts, fried chicken isn't as popular as in NJ or MD or VA. Chick Fil A is definitely not as talked about as it would be in the south or mid atlantic.
Bojangles problem is the big difference in quality (and menu) between corporate-owned and franchise-owned stores (and also the best thing they have is a biscuit, which Hardee’s does better). Popeyes is fine, but it isn’t great. Zaxby’s is the only thing out there that can match Chick-fil-A’s chicken at its best, but it isn’t as consistently great day-to-day, store-to-store.

Chick-fil-A is a way of life down here in the South. The rumors of a Chick-fil-a opening in my extended family’s rural county have made it to my local news. I once texted my cousin congrats only to have her send a retraction the newspaper had run for getting everyone’s hopes up. As is, she drives the 25 miles one-way to the nearest Chick-fil-A every month and simply waits for a closer one to open. Where once Walmart was the hope of every small town, it’s now Chick-fil-A.

Old 12-23-2020, 04:07 PM

1,094 posts, read 808,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
Bojangles problem is the big difference in quality (and menu) between corporate-owned and franchise-owned stores (and also the best thing they have is a biscuit, which Hardee’s does better). Popeyes is fine, but it isn’t great. Zaxby’s is the only thing out there that can match Chick-fil-A’s chicken at its best, but it isn’t as consistently great day-to-day, store-to-store.

Chick-fil-A is a way of life down here in the South. The rumors of a Chick-fil-a opening in my extended family’s rural county have made it to my local news. I once texted my cousin congrats only to have her send a retraction the newspaper had run for getting everyone’s hopes up. As is, she drives the 25 miles one-way to the nearest Chick-fil-A every month and simply waits for a closer one to open. Where once Walmart was the hope of every small town, it’s now Chick-fil-A.
Bojangles chicken fillet biscuit is pretty good tho.

Old 12-23-2020, 04:12 PM

1,094 posts, read 808,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Jersey Mike's isnt even that good. The menu is limited and they don't toast sandwiches... And there's like no topping options.

I don't even think Chick Fil A is that good. When you got Popeyes, Bojangles and Zaxby's .. are you really going to tell me your going to chick fil a. Nah man.

Also, in Massachusetts, fried chicken isn't as popular as in NJ or MD or VA. Chick Fil A is definitely not as talked about as it would be in the south or mid atlantic.
I see my New Hampshire friend said they don't have any fried chicken joints outside of KFC. I guess it's all about Rotisserie Chicken in New England. NYC is has its own style of chicken joints in the 5 boros (Kennedys, Crown and Palace).

Old 12-23-2020, 05:32 PM

4,159 posts, read 2,850,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalker96 View Post
Bojangles chicken fillet biscuit is pretty good tho.
It is. The Tands franchise stores are better all around (particularly the biscuits) to the corporate ones, but it’s good.

Old 12-23-2020, 05:33 PM

21,631 posts, read 12,773,959 times
They opened on in Brockton MA and people were all lined up around the block and stuff.

https://www.enterprisenews.com/news/...e-weekly-meals

Old 12-23-2020, 06:54 PM

3,576 posts, read 3,078,446 times
I recall traveling at BWI pre-COVID, and although there were fewer than a dozen people in line at other fast food counters, some with no waiting at all, the line at Chick-Fil-A wound all the way back past the seating area. In the future there may have to be a new chapter added to the book Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds.

Old 12-23-2020, 06:55 PM

2,657 posts, read 2,101,372 times
I don't really understand the popularity but they stay generally busy. Pop up here & there in mississippi.

Old 12-23-2020, 07:29 PM

1,013 posts, read 912,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Chic Fil A is popular everywhere. Well, that being said, the one in Bellevue is crazy busy, but I think there's only 3 or 4 of them total in the Seattle area. Scarcity can create popularity I guess. A couple of other thoughts. Every Chic fil A I've been to has insanely friendly staff, except in OC. Weird. Also, the fact that they're known as a place with Christian values is probably great for business.
Every fast food place should have service as good as Chick Fil A I don’t know where they get these people.

Old 12-23-2020, 07:44 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,407,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji7 View Post
Every fast food place should have service as good as Chick Fil A I don’t know where they get these people.
They pay even their lowest employees very well and have a positive company culture, and every worker gets Sunday off. The majority of other chains just don't do these things, but they should certainly take notes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.