Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 11:25 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Yeah try telling people in MA/NY/NJ that a Meatball, Italian or Chicken Parm isnt toasted and see what they tell you. I live(d) in all three and the answer is unanimous. You toast the subs.
I am not saying that a toasted sandwich is a bad sandwich, just that some chains can only make their sandwiches palatable by toasting their spongy, low quality bread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 11:48 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,561,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Chick-Fil-A in NYC is almost always packed.

I think at last count there are now 10 in Manhattan, 1 in Brooklyn, 1 in Queens and 1 on Staten Island. There is a ton of room for growth and expansion in NYC for Chick-Fil-A.

In Brooklyn alone, they could add at least 6 or 8 more restaurants.

The customer service is always incredible, folks are trained to be polite and professional, and the food is always delicious (for fast food).

That's why they are the #1 chicken chain in the US now--with far fewer locations than KFC.
Good thing NYC has other chicken sandwich spots because I'm sure the lines are crazy and nowhere to sit (pre-COVID).

Old 12-24-2020, 11:05 PM

5,003 posts, read 5,983,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Raising Cane's is in Texas and Oklahoma as well.
There's one in Las Vegas and that's the one and only time that I ate there. It was just ok to me.

I prefer regular fried chicken instead of sandwiches or nuggets, so I lean towards KFC and Popeyes. If we had Bojangles out here, that would be good too.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:08 PM

5,003 posts, read 5,983,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Guy View Post
Yes it is very popular but not as abundant as it is in The South.

I remember when the first Chik fil a opened up in Manhattan a few years back — it was huge news and people were lining up down the block for weeks.

Since then, they’ve opened up a few more in Manhattan and one in Brooklyn and they’re always packed.
There's one by Grand Central Terminal and I recall seeing people lined up outside and down the sidewalk a few years ago. This was when Chik fil A was VERY controversial in LA due to the owners opinions on gay marriage. I was surprised to see how NYC didn't seem to care.

I have one a few blocks from me in DTLA and I go maybe every other month.

Old 12-25-2020, 03:00 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
I don't even think Chick Fil A is that good. When you got Popeyes, Bojangles and Zaxby's .. are you really going to tell me your going to chick fil a. Nah man.
Well Popeyes and Bojangles also sell bone-in chicken too but otherwise, yep there are definitely times I want CFA over all of those. None of the others can touch its waffle fries, its lemonade is very good, and the mac n' cheese is surprisingly good also. Folks also love their polynesian sauce. Their sandwiches are ideally sized, the chicken is seasoned well, the food tends to be consistent across locations, and the customer service is tops. Sometimes the tenders for the other three can have too much breading or be fried too hard. I love Zaxby's salads but otherwise, I find the chicken and sauces to be a tad too high in sodium content. My favorite item at Bojangles are the breakfast sandwiches (those biscuits are awesome) but otherwise the chicken can be a bit too greasy. Popeyes has good sides though and I like their pies. And I will say that one of their spicy chicken sandwiches fresh out the grease is heaven on earth.

But Chick-Fil-A has its fans for good reason, no doubt about that. And no matter how long that drive-thru line is (and all locations have VERY long lines at lunchtime), it always moves efficiently and relatively quickly.

Old 12-25-2020, 05:47 AM

1,676 posts, read 1,087,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
There's one by Grand Central Terminal and I recall seeing people lined up outside and down the sidewalk a few years ago. This was when Chik fil A was VERY controversial in LA due to the owners opinions on gay marriage. I was surprised to see how NYC didn't seem to care.

I have one a few blocks from me in DTLA and I go maybe every other month.
The largest Chik Fil A location in the world opened up here in Manhattan a few years ago. It's 5 stories with a rooftop terrace.

Also Chik Fil A was highly controversial here in NYC for a while along with several other major American cities like LA as you mentioned. Not sure what was the final determinant that opened the flood gates here (besides crazy demand, money, etc) but there was a lot of resistance before they finally started opening around here.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:48 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times
No Chick Fil A or even a Popeyes in Vermont. I can drive an hour to Plattsburgh, NY if I wanted Chick Fil A. Before the border closed there were usually lots of Quebec license plates in the parking lot at that location. They've expanded into Canada and opened a few locations in Toronto.

Old 12-25-2020, 09:41 AM

2,657 posts, read 2,101,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalker96 View Post
I have a friend from Mississippi who visted NC and he was shocked he didn't find a Raising Cane's there. He was in the mountians section of the state. As someone who lived in NC most of my life I never heard of Raising Cane's till he mentioned it to me. I guess it's a more a deep South gulf coast thing (Alabama and Mississippi).
There's only 2 in AL & half a dozen or so in MS.

Old 12-25-2020, 09:50 AM

21,631 posts, read 12,773,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
No Chick Fil A or even a Popeyes in Vermont. I can drive an hour to Plattsburgh, NY if I wanted Chick Fil A. Before the border closed there were usually lots of Quebec license plates in the parking lot at that location. They've expanded into Canada and opened a few locations in Toronto.
I’d think for Northern New England you’d find a Popeyes or a chick fil a in southeast New Hampshire but literally only a single store,-maybe two.

Old 12-25-2020, 10:27 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
I’d think for Northern New England you’d find a Popeyes or a chick fil a in southeast New Hampshire but literally only a single store,-maybe two.
Portland, Maine has a Popeyes and Bangor, Maine has Chick Fil A. If I'm heading toward southern NH, I figure I might as well keep driving a little further to Mass for any sort of food destination.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 12-25-2020 at 10:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.