Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 05:26 AM

1,094 posts, read 809,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
Apparently the first and only Raising Cane’s open in the state of NC is down in Greenville. But there also appear to be some in the Charleston area. Maybe when I go down to the beach next summer, I’ll try it out. Though my go-to chicken place there is Kickin’ Chicken (dreaming of their lemon pepper wings at the moment).
I have a friend from Mississippi who visted NC and he was shocked he didn't find a Raising Cane's there. He was in the mountians section of the state. As someone who lived in NC most of my life I never heard of Raising Cane's till he mentioned it to me. I guess it's a more a deep South gulf coast thing (Alabama and Mississippi).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 05:49 AM

4,159 posts, read 2,851,262 times
I had a coworker from Louisiana who talked about it all the time. He talked about it almost as much as my New York coworker talked about Wegmans. Well we got one, maybe we can get the other,

Old 12-24-2020, 07:23 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,707,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalker96 View Post
I have a friend from Mississippi who visted NC and he was shocked he didn't find a Raising Cane's there. He was in the mountians section of the state. As someone who lived in NC most of my life I never heard of Raising Cane's till he mentioned it to me. I guess it's a more a deep South gulf coast thing (Alabama and Mississippi).
Raising Cane's is in Texas and Oklahoma as well.

Old 12-24-2020, 07:32 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji7 View Post
Every fast food place should have service as good as Chick Fil A I don’t know where they get these people.
It's training. I had a coworker who worked there at a previous job. He said their training specifies how they are to reply when a customer thanks them. As a result, he was always conditioned to say "my pleasure," in response to being thanked.

Old 12-24-2020, 09:53 AM

Yes, you used to could tell who had previously worked at Chick-fil-A’s based on if they said “my pleasure”. I think it’s become so ubiquitous though down here, I no longer automatically assume that.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:11 AM

811 posts, read 889,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
One chain that's massively underrated (but similar to Zaxby's) is Raising Cane's. I always get hot/fresh food from them, and the chicken strips are much bigger and *JUICY*. The Cane sauce is to die for too.

Zaxby's is ok, but the strips are small/hard and there's a lack of consistency in service between locations.
Yes! I love Raising Canes. The first time I dined at Raising Canes was in Florence, KY and have been hooked ever since. They are not quite a National chain, yet, but scattered across the South and parts of the Lower Midwest.

It’s where I go for fried chicken on Sundays as Chick Fil A is closed!

Old 12-24-2020, 10:14 AM

Haha, there is a police officer directing traffic at the Chick-fil-A today and a line around the block. Everybody getting their Christmas Eve fix since it’s closed tomorrow.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:25 AM

14,316 posts, read 11,702,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Toasting sandwiches is a clue that the bread is crap. People in New York/NJ/New England care about the quality of the bread.
Aw, I love toasted sandwiches! Even if it's really good bread, it's better toasted, with the cheese melted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Raising Cane's opened across the street from Chic-Fil-A. Cane's is still open.
It seems like we've had Chick-fil-A here in SoCal for only about a decade, and Raising Cane's less than that. We find it very funny that they tend to build side by side, or right across the street from each other! My family likes both, Cane's is open on Sundays and often we like to drive through right after church. So they get more of our business.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:29 AM

12,169 posts, read 8,014,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Toasting sandwiches is a clue that the bread is crap. People in New York/NJ/New England care about the quality of the bread.
Yeah try telling people in MA/NY/NJ that a Meatball, Italian or Chicken Parm isnt toasted and see what they tell you. I live(d) in all three and the answer is unanimous. You toast the subs.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:12 AM

10,068 posts, read 14,444,601 times
Chick-Fil-A in NYC is almost always packed.

I think at last count there are now 10 in Manhattan, 1 in Brooklyn, 1 in Queens and 1 on Staten Island. There is a ton of room for growth and expansion in NYC for Chick-Fil-A.

In Brooklyn alone, they could add at least 6 or 8 more restaurants.

The customer service is always incredible, folks are trained to be polite and professional, and the food is always delicious (for fast food).

That's why they are the #1 chicken chain in the US now--with far fewer locations than KFC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.