Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 07:01 PM

12,844 posts, read 9,578,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Hmm, strange that the Chick-fil-A in the lily white, very non-Southern Sorrento Mesa area of San Diego has double drive-thru's that stay backed up into the street every time I visit our office there.
California had more Trump voters than Texas. There are liberals and conservatives everywhere. The one in Bellevue was packed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 08:20 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,899,609 times
Can't speak for the rest of the Northeast but when they opened a Chic-Fil-A up in the Syracuse area people went crazy and lined up for hours. The place is still constantly busy for whatever reason. I went back to visit and was amazed that it was still constantly packed.

I had them years back when I lived in SC and they were not that great. I was still omnivorous at the time and preferred Zaxby's or Church's for chicken.

Old 12-28-2020, 08:39 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,748,263 times
I don't see why people are saying CFA "isn't that great" when I never really hear anyone say it's the holy grail of restaurants. It's just a really good and consistent fast food place and that's usually hard to find in this industry. CFA also does a ton of work in their communities donating to schools and local youth programs (at least in Atlanta).

Old 12-28-2020, 08:58 PM

32,941 posts, read 36,378,548 times
Their chicken has too much salt for my taste. I don't like it for that reason.

Old 12-29-2020, 08:27 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,878,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
I don't see why people are saying CFA "isn't that great" when I never really hear anyone say it's the holy grail of restaurants. It's just a really good and consistent fast food place and that's usually hard to find in this industry. CFA also does a ton of work in their communities donating to schools and local youth programs (at least in Atlanta).
Agree. But when anything is really popular, it will bring out the people who are vocal about not liking it (which is fair because not everyone will like something). Although, the vast majority of people really like CFA. I don't think it's the best thing in the world, but it is definitely solid and I enjoy getting it once in a while.

When I was visiting North Carolina over a decade ago, I had the opportunity to try Church's Chicken. While I'm not a big fried chicken person, that was some awesome chicken! Much better than KFC and better than Popeye's (which I enjoy occasionally).

Old 12-29-2020, 08:35 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,365,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Their chicken has too much salt for my taste. I don't like it for that reason.
Is there a fast food fried chicken that is not doused in sodium? If so, I can't say I have ever encountered it.

Old 12-29-2020, 08:37 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,711,672 times
Maybe it's just my upbringing, but most dishes (especially fried foods) just aren't good unless they're "salty."

Old 12-29-2020, 11:54 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,562,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Is there a fast food fried chicken that is not doused in sodium? If so, I can't say I have ever encountered it.
Lol, that's like when people who hate Krispy Kreme and bash it because its donuts are too sweet and aren't healthy.

Old 12-30-2020, 10:47 AM

403 posts, read 296,571 times
It is quite popular here in Pennsylvania.

They have expanded quite a bit over the past 5 years in the state, but still are fairly limited with locations.

I personally really like Chick Fil A. I find the quality is always consistent and tastes good, and the customer service is beyond good, which makes for a positive experience.

Pre COVID I would go once every other week for lunch during the work week, and despite the line always being extremely long, everything was extremely efficient and their store was adequately staffed.

I cannot say the same for any other fast food chain I have been to that is similar. Maybe Chipotle would rank 2nd for customer service out of the big chains.

Old 12-30-2020, 11:13 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,939,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
California had more Trump voters than Texas. There are liberals and conservatives everywhere. The one in Bellevue was packed.
I am aware of all of this. He was trying to pigeonhole their appeal to a 'black, non-Northern' demographic in SoCal, which is just ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.