Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 11:27 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,170,662 times

Advertisements

As a native Westerner who was adopted by the South a long time ago, I don't see the appeal of CFA when there are so many other Chicken places out there to choose from. IMO, CFA isn't bad, it's just not a place where I'm dying to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2020, 03:22 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Chic Fil A is popular everywhere. Well, that being said, the one in Bellevue is crazy busy, but I think there's only 3 or 4 of them total in the Seattle area. Scarcity can create popularity I guess. A couple of other thoughts. Every Chic fil A I've been to has insanely friendly staff, except in OC. Weird. Also, the fact that they're known as a place with Christian values is probably great for business.
In the case of Chick-fil-A, saturating the market doesn't seem to make any difference. I believe I figured that there are something like 17 Chick-fil-A's within a 10 mile radius of my house, and I think I've been to all of them except one that's in a college food court. And they've all been busy, almost every time I've ever gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_MVP View Post
Everybody talks about the great customer service at Chick-Fil-A but every time I go there seems to be an issue: wrong order, rude employees, dirty restroom etc, it's always something. On the flip side, I've been eating at Wendy's for over 30 years and have never had a problem (KFC is the absolute worse though) However, I don't think I've ever had an issue at a mall location, only the stand alone locations.
I can't deny the validity of your experiences, but I will say that I have never, ever experienced anything like that in all the hundreds, if not thousands, of times I've eaten at any of their locations. (OK, they might have gotten an order wrong once or twice. But it's extremely rare.)

OP, if you count Maryland as being in the Northeast (or even if you don't), they are very, very popular here.

Old 12-30-2020, 04:39 PM

668 posts, read 471,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
Are you one of the people who hyped up Popeyes? The hype around that sandwich was crazy.

LOL no...a friend of mine got food poisoning from there several years ago. No thank you

Old 12-30-2020, 04:57 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,312,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
As a native Westerner who was adopted by the South a long time ago, I don't see the appeal of CFA when there are so many other Chicken places out there to choose from. IMO, CFA isn't bad, it's just not a place where I'm dying to go.
Agreed.

I think in my area, it's still a novelty, though. There's one CFA near me and it opened 2 years ago. I think people have heard of it, so they assume "it must be good" even if they haven't tried it themselves.

Old 12-30-2020, 05:13 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,707,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
In the case of Chick-fil-A, saturating the market doesn't seem to make any difference. I believe I figured that there are something like 17 Chick-fil-A's within a 10 mile radius of my house, and I think I've been to all of them except one that's in a college food court. And they've all been busy, almost every time I've ever gone.

I can't deny the validity of your experiences, but I will say that I have never, ever experienced anything like that in all the hundreds, if not thousands, of times I've eaten at any of their locations. (OK, they might have gotten an order wrong once or twice. But it's extremely rare.)

OP, if you count Maryland as being in the Northeast (or even if you don't), they are very, very popular here.
From where I live, there are 3 Chick-Fil-As in a 2 mile radius.

2 of them always stay crowded, but the one nearest to me doesn't get as busy, mainly because it catered to the lunch rush pre-COVID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.