Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 10:06 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan137 View Post
I don't know if SLC would bother you as much as OKC would on conservatism. My impression was that Mormons are very socially conservative, but that at least recently it's not like that's ruling the city anymore, though some influence is felt. The other residents there id guess are more libertarian, live and let live types than anything.
I understand what you are saying. For the record, I think Salt Lake City is a much, much nicer city than OKC. While Utah is extremely conservative, SLC has been trending left for a while now. The same cannot be said about OKC. Thing is, I am not sure I could learn to live with the blue laws in Utah. They are bad enough in Oklahoma but are worse in Utah.

I personally think SLC has a lot of potential, but its currently being held back by its state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 01:43 PM

252 posts, read 519,178 times
I live in the Santa Monica Mountains in between Malibu (about 10 miles away) and Westlake Village (5 miles away) California. While its beautiful rural nature area and I have lived here most of my life (except two and half years in college) and I kind of want something different. I mean I don't want to drive 12 miles to get a pack of smokes or simple things like groceries. Im not sure about the place where I would go but I know that I would probably move somewhere semi rural and near to university that Im studying at.

Last edited by 7stringguitarguy; 06-12-2016 at 01:53 PM..

Old 06-12-2016, 03:43 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,429,010 times
I currently live in Saint Louis; I dislike it because of its lack of public transit (though I'm spoiled when it comes to this category) and its high crime rate. However, I like the city overall.

With that said, I'd probably move to New York or San Fran if I was rich

Old 06-14-2016, 02:50 AM

1,544 posts, read 924,876 times
Sick of my current location (Hyde Park, Los Angeles, CA). I've been living here for over 25 years and need a change of scenery. As to where I want to move, I'm undecided between the cities of Long Beach and Norwalk. Anywhere but South Central.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:43 PM

32 posts, read 18,215 times
I don't think I would hate the city I'm in right now. Moved in here in Marietta, GA for work and I just love it here. The people, the place, the food and the very special and affordable comfort zone i found, the spa, where I usually go for relaxation. Cliché, right! lol.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:16 AM

12,839 posts, read 9,567,574 times
I can live in a lot of places, but I am heat adverse. If I were to move again, I'd look at (in no particular order):

NYC
LA
SF
Chicago
SD
Portland
Seattle
Denver

Maybe Minneapolis or Atlanta as well.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
For purposes of employment, we are currently living in a hell hole state. Why do we consider it a hell hole?

#1- No real mountains to speak of.
#2-Racists and racism galore.
#3- Sauna-like summers.
#4- Bugs galore.
#5-Two-faced a way of life for the natives: nice to face, but will easily talk behind back.

We are heading back toward our homelands: back where the West was won!
Where is this?

Old 07-24-2018, 05:07 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,383,197 times
I live in Midland-Odessa, Texas and i dont like it very much.....mainly cuz the dating scene here is so horrible because theres so much oil field workers here although at least were close to New Mexico.I am originally from Dallas but we moved to be closer to family.I would like to move to maybe Lubbock,Texas so i can find a wife after i get my career goin cuz i wanna get married and settle down so bad lol.I have several other cities i am thinking about living in someday like Oklahoma City and Tulsa,Oklahoma,Northwest Arkansas,TN maybe Nashville or a smaller place in that state,Albuquerque,Roswell,Alamogordo,Ruidoso,Las Cruces in the Land of Enchantment.However i do not know if i will ever live outside of the great state of Texas due to state income tax and being far away from family.The cities other than Lubbock in Texas that I am thinking of living in are El Paso,Abilene,Dallas,Houston,Angelo,maybe San Antone/Austin.I am thinking of maybe settling down in Waco, Texas but it will depend on what my wife wants.I am working on starting a oil company to get enough money to move out of Midland.

Last edited by C24L; 07-24-2018 at 05:40 PM..

Old 07-24-2018, 05:15 PM

2,262 posts, read 2,400,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I can live in a lot of places, but I am heat adverse. If I were to move again, I'd look at (in no particular order):

NYC
LA
SF
Chicago
SD
Portland
Seattle
Denver

Maybe Minneapolis or Atlanta as well.
Lol we think alike! This is pretty much my exact list although I'd switch and put Seattle over Portland.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA_guy View Post
Lol we think alike! This is pretty much my exact list although I'd switch and put Seattle over Portland.
Ha, remember I said no particular order. I would put DC as well, but kind of have a "been there, done that" feel for me now. Great town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.