Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:05 PM

9 posts, read 77,396 times

Advertisements

I live in a rural area outside of Kansas City. I don't like winter at all and I would prefer to live in a more open-minded area. I don't like the small-town elementary school's preferential treatment of "their own", namely, kids whose parents are teachers in the school. The kids themselves are wonderful and I love them all. It's not their fault. I would prefer to live in Florida by the beach. Hopefully alligators don't hang out at the beach. What I am doing to get there is just waiting for an opportunity, I guess, at least 7 years from now, so as to allow my kids to graduate from the high school in the next town over, which I think is a great school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 01:05 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
I currently live on the outskirts of Boston. While I like New England and the Boston/Metrowest area, I'm ready to move on. I originally took an assignment here to be closer to home (NYC), and for the first few years I loved it. Now I'm tired of the long winters, cabin fever, old beat up streets, and faces that never smile. I miss California, and I'm contemplating heading back west, perhaps L.A. this time.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:04 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
I have lived in Phoenix for 5 years and dont like it--the heat, bad schools, illegals everywhere, high pollution and very few jobs even in good times. Figuring out where is the most ideal place for me is even more difficult. I would consider Denver, the Chicago suburbs, SE Wisconsin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, the Indianapolis area, the Columbus OH area, Austin TX, Raleigh-Durham and the Washington DC area of Northern VA.

I wonder if many that tire of Phoenix decide to move to Denver.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:40 PM

1,049 posts, read 1,606,789 times
Currently living in Chico, california, and I enjoy it, wouldnt say I LOVE it though, probably because i'm landlocked . Used to live in western new york and that was mind-bendingly horrible (in my opinion).Anyway In the next 3 years I plan to move somewhere coastal. Narrowed it down to Central California coast (Santa cruz, monterey, SLO, Santa Barbara counties) Kauai or BI hawaii, or even northeast coast australia if i can make that work.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:25 AM

17 posts, read 12,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu Again View Post
I;m a native Southern Californian but left for 15 years. Now, I am back and I currently live in San Diego. I don't care for it, not my cup of tea. I live here because my husband got a job here. I dream about getting out all the time. I would love to move to San Fran or Seattle but I would have to divorce my husband if I wanted to leave

Just curious as to anyone that doesn't like the city they currently live in... tell me why, what brought you there, where would you like to live and what are you doing about getting out?
I live in Long Island, NY. I am getting tired of the lack of respect people have for one another here. I would love to move to an Atlanta suburb because it is close to my family and friends in South Carolina and Atlanta just has better weather than Long Island.

The company that I am with are offering me a freelance job, so as soon as I get accepted, I will be miles away from Long Island.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:16 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times
ATLANTA: Just too overrated and is a tired "Black Mecca."

It's not the Garden of Eden, and it's not what outsiders expect it to be. Rude people and extreme boredom after the first year of living. MY OPINION ATLiens!

Old 02-19-2010, 07:17 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
ATLANTA: Just too overrated and is a tired "Black Mecca."

It's not the Garden of Eden, and it's not what outsiders expect it to be. Rude people and extreme boredom after the first year of living. MY OPINION ATLiens!
Is Atlanta 'where you currently live'? No. And I believe that's what the OP specifically asked. This thread was not established just to give you yet another opportunity to dump on Atlanta.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:32 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Is Atlanta 'where you currently live'? No. And I believe that's what the OP specifically asked. This thread was not established just to give you yet another opportunity to dump on Atlanta.
How do you know where I live and don't live?

Old 02-19-2010, 04:29 PM

93,350 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika♥Chris♥Lexi View Post
But that's what I was speaking of- I'm from Schenectady, so I was speaking of Schenectady schools- which are, actually, horrid (and actually, Albany high school is ranked one of the worst in the state)... there are better schools in the *capital district* (if you want that, you'll pay more in house cost).. but I'm from Schenectady, so that's where I was referring to when the question was asked
While Schenectady City schools aren't as good as they should be, there is much worse. Same with Albany High.

Test Scores for Schenectady City School District | GreatSchools

Albany High School - Albany, New York - NY - School overview

Old 02-19-2010, 09:54 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
How do you know where I live and don't live?
Um, cause you posted your zip in your profile, Alabama Boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.