Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 11:25 PM

77 posts, read 228,359 times

Advertisements

The north shore of Chicago. Because its the most extreme example of suburbia in all its glory and horror. Very little diversity of culture, ethnicity or personality. Most of the people here (60-80%, sorry to categorize) are either annoying or boring. Most kids are either total showy boneheaded northshore kids or are Hellbent on not being Northshore though the exude a similar attitude. Very statusy/hypocritical. The weather sucks. Maby i'll grow to appriciate suburbia later in life. I mean I do appriciate the safefy and good schools but other than that its not my cup of tea. A more diverse enviornment, a little more density/people, better weather, more interesting landscape, different culture.
My top choice would be one of the interesting neighborhoods of Los Angeles. Great Culture, great music, great weather, great landscape (both natural and man made), A little bit of everything. Don't get me wrong I know there are problems in LA/CA as there are in most American Cities but you gotta live life somewhere, and you might as well have warm weather nice scenery and palm trees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 11:55 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,948,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamrockerfs View Post
My top choice would be one of the interesting neighborhoods of Los Angeles. Great Culture, great music, great weather, great landscape (both natural and man made), A little bit of everything. Don't get me wrong I know there are problems in LA/CA as there are in most American Cities but you gotta live life somewhere, and you might as well have warm weather nice scenery and palm trees.
......and all the wonderful things that you trade off for that.

I look at it in an opposite way. You gotta work and pay bills no matter where you are, why deal with a high cost-of-living, traffic, smog, etc. when you don't have to?

But I respect your stance, and hope that you can get to be somewhere you like (even if it is LA) someday.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:15 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,292,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamrockerfs View Post
The north shore of Chicago. Because its the most extreme example of suburbia in all its glory and horror. Very little diversity of culture, ethnicity or personality. Most of the people here (60-80%, sorry to categorize) are either annoying or boring. Most kids are either total showy boneheaded northshore kids or are Hellbent on not being Northshore though the exude a similar attitude. Very statusy/hypocritical. The weather sucks. Maby i'll grow to appriciate suburbia later in life. I mean I do appriciate the safefy and good schools but other than that its not my cup of tea. A more diverse enviornment, a little more density/people, better weather, more interesting landscape, different culture.
The grass is always greener.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:34 AM

17 posts, read 12,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
ATLANTA: Just too overrated and is a tired "Black Mecca."

It's not the Garden of Eden, and it's not what outsiders expect it to be. Rude people and extreme boredom after the first year of living. MY OPINION ATLiens!
I visited the city numerous times. I personally like Atlanta.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:27 PM

27,575 posts, read 28,680,428 times
I live in the Washington, D.C. area. It's a fine place to live, except that the cost of living is on the high side. I've thought about living in NYC, but col is even higher there. lol.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:30 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,703,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I live in the Washington, D.C. area. It's a fine place to live, except that the cost of living is on the high side. I've thought about living in NYC, but col is even higher there. lol.
Yeah I agree Washington DC is a great city. It is similar to NYC. It has a great public transportation as well. Many things to do unlike VA Beach. I will move back to NYC in the future. However, I would love to live in Washington DC as well.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:25 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,666,399 times
DC or anywhere north of it would be fine with me.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:19 AM

2,202 posts, read 4,330,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu Again View Post
I;m a native Southern Californian but left for 15 years. Now, I am back and I currently live in San Diego. I don't care for it, not my cup of tea. I live here because my husband got a job here. I dream about getting out all the time. I would love to move to San Fran or Seattle but I would have to divorce my husband if I wanted to leave

Just curious as to anyone that doesn't like the city they currently live in... tell me why, what brought you there, where would you like to live and what are you doing about getting out?
I can't say I "dislike" Nesconset, NY...or even the Town of Smithtown...or even Suffolk Co. NY, but I miss seeing the hills on the horizon, homes/neighbourhoods built between 1860-1920, going on long (2-3 hr) bike rides through rolling hills of dairyfarms and past fields of corn, cycling past the occasional Amish buggy or horseback rider; being able to get to work in 15-20 mins.; having a reasonable chance of seeing people I know while shopping.

I'm here because I married a woman from here and moving away from her parents is not an option...they've long since retired and we want to watch-over them so they can stay in their home as long as possible.

I would consider moving to Cincinnati, OH but my wife wants to stay near the ocean. I think we can agree on Virginia (in the hilly area, mid-state). That's our semi-retirement plan.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:57 AM

150 posts, read 467,858 times
I live in a small town in Alabama. I don't like it. I'd like to get out to the west coast and start working my way into the film industry. I'm more of a big city type. I get bored quickly and like to have a lot of entertainment and lifestyle options at my disposal. Basically what I want out of life, rural AL can not provide.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:00 PM

355 posts, read 1,047,519 times
I've lived in San Juan, Puerto Rico all my life. I'm certainly ready for a change. I'm tired of the endless summer, impossible traffic, and 80+ humidity most of the year.

I would love to move to MA, specifically close to Boston. Love the four seasons, reliable mass transportation, and the general feeling of safety when walking everywhere.

I'm planning to finish my B.S. degree through U. of Phoenix online and should be ready to move in 2-3 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.