Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2007, 06:21 PM

39 posts, read 179,469 times

Advertisements

On the list of the worst places to live? Why was LaGrange, Georgia left out of that? Snobs live here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 06:36 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,033,429 times
Snobs in LaGrange?? What in the heck do they have to be uppity about? They live in LaGrange, GA for God's sake?

Old 11-09-2007, 02:02 AM

5 posts, read 20,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCHAEDLER View Post
I should have put likes and dislikes. Sorry, I come from CT and it is the size of a county in Ga so not much chance of having many choices.
I live in a town with >10,000. I have lived in a town with 50K and liked them both.
I am a Mom of 4 so:
good schools
safe town
population <50K
I just want a nice place to live without problems. No town with factories that produce odor. This may sound funny but I was told by others that some areas have this problem. Smell. Is that even true!?!

I live in Griffin, and I love Griffin...BUT our crime is much higher than average. a very large part of the population is on probation. I have heard from several people that Griffin has more people infected with HIV than any city in GA. Not many decent jobs. a lot of poverty. crack is a big problem in Griffin. A lot of alcoholism. very poor school system. does lots of fundraisers. Griffin, GA is not a place to raise kids..esp. if they're in highschool.

fayetteville is a very nice, clean, newer city. I don't think they have any factorys. They have sidewalks for golf carts. everybody has golf carts! fayetteville seems like the utopian city. Chem green lawns, great school system, lots of shopping areas and a good dollar theater. Peachtree city is close to fayetteville, and is equally nice.

Thomaston is a quaint little city. It seems like another small american town, cute and cozy. Great church fellowships. But the other side of the town... my boyfriend is from new york city, and Thomaston is the only place he's had guns pulled on him...3 times. Meth is becoming a problem in thomaston.

The Buckhead is beautiful, if you can afford it. A lot of million dollar homes. An outdoor ampitheater where i've gotten to see fiona apple, fleetwood mac,
and bob wiess. It's really cool because you don't have to buy tickets to hear the show. Horse clubs and stuff, good schools.

I lived in East Point for a while
clayton county has a lot of crime.
McDonough is an industrial city.

Old 11-10-2007, 02:11 AM

726 posts, read 3,601,914 times
Quote:
fayetteville is a very nice, clean, newer city. I don't think they have any factorys. They have sidewalks for golf carts. everybody has golf carts! fayetteville seems like the utopian city. Chem green lawns, great school system, lots of shopping areas and a good dollar theater. Peachtree city is close to fayetteville, and is equally nice.
A little too perfect, creepy. Reminds me of the Stepford Wives

Old 11-10-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgnzsavnh View Post
A little too perfect, creepy. Reminds me of the Stepford Wives
I agree.. and that whole golf cart thing is pretty weird.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:35 PM

64 posts, read 233,485 times
It's amazing that the original "poster" hasn't had anything to say for a long time. Do you think he or she just wanted to start some crap to get everyone to "put the glove on?"

You know, life is tough enough without the extra negativity be expressed.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:31 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohlendorf View Post
It's amazing that the original "poster" hasn't had anything to say for a long time. Do you think he or she just wanted to start some crap to get everyone to "put the glove on?"

You know, life is tough enough without the extra negativity be expressed.
You're right. This is the never-ending thread, and the original poster is nowhere to be found.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:53 PM

If you bother to read all of the posts to this thread you will see a pattern..
In the 5 worst Category... Albany, Augusta, and Macon routinely are mentioned.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:01 AM

670 posts, read 2,998,208 times
I think the poster decided to move to another state? I see from history posting on CT's board.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:11 PM

9 posts, read 52,131 times
I can't say what is the "best" or "worst" for everybody - but I can tell you my preferences. If you need to be close to Atlanta, check out what they are doing in Woodstock Georgia. There is amazing, beautiful development going on there, very high end, with parks and retail - they're creating a hometown kind of feeling, where only one or two blocks once existed. Further north, I happen to really like Dalton. There are folks on this board on occasion who have ranted about the diversity in Dalton, but I happen to like it. Plus, there are beautiful historic areas, lots of new developments (a high-end condo development on Shugart, a nice family development in Cohulla Creek, condos on the bypass, etc.), new retail is coming (we just got 3 starbucks in like six months, for instance), they've just announced a huge new investment in Dalton State College, etc., and I feel there is lots of growth opportunty here. Plus it is right on I-75 so you can easily get to Atlanta, Chattanooga, Nashville, etc. if you crave a big city and lots of traffic! And if you want to check out taxes, demographics, etc., you can visit Dalton Whitfield - Home. They also have a kind of 'welcome wagon' online that tells you about schools and churches and housing and arts, etc. Thats at Greater Dalton, Call It Home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia