Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 06:53 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,314,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaRising View Post
I believe in limited government, hawkish defense, limited taxation and personal responsibility. I also believe in healthy immigration policies, strong border protection and democratic elections. But that does NOT mean I will support anyone who agrees with my viewpoints if they also show dictatorial ambitions.

Believe as you want. That is the glory of America. I am completely content with my education of the facts. I am also in good company in my "great state of Georgia" because most of us here were brought up to care about each other. Georgia is not NY or CA. We take pride in helping one another and supporting the progress of the state. But just because you came here thinking we are all hardcore social conservatives by any means necessary, does not mean I have to live up to your expectations. Despite what you want and despite our support of things like the 2nd Amendment, Georgia has always been an outlier in the South and we don't need or want outsiders telling us who we must support. We are not some stereotypical "Gone With The Wind" bunch of morons aligned with just your ideology. The reason Georgia thoroughly flipped in the POTUS and Senate elections was because of Donald Trump. And if Republicans keep running Trump candidates here, they will probably continue to lose statewide elections. Not because some of us don't want to ever vote for a Republican...but because some of us will not support Trump in any shape or form.

Since nothing I genuinely have stated is believable by you, I don't want to continue arguing to soothe your NY ego. See you November 2022.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoski View Post
Just curious, have you read any recent books on the Trump Presidency? The last two I read, "I Alone Can Fix It;" and "Frankly, We did Win This Election" are well sourced and paint a very clear picture of who Trump was/is and what he desired to do. Authoritarian is a very apt description. Seriously, trying to overturn a legal and fair election to stay in office is pretty much textbook authoritarian. Sheer ineptitude on his behalf is the only thing that salvaged this democracy.
No, I have not read any of the TDS filled screeds that seem to roll out on a weekly basis that are not well sourced. Well sourced? Ha! How did Trump try to overturn an election? Legal and fair election? Have you read the section in the Pennsylvania state Constitution in regards to elections? Apparently you have not. There are only two ways to vote in Pennsylvania. Either in person or solicit an absentee ballot that requires an identification process. Universal mail in ballots are not Constitutional in the state of Pennsylvania. The reason is, it is apt with fraud. Most people agree universal mail in ballots invite serious fraud. Why do you think forensic audits are going on? How is democracy salvaged under ineptness? I’m not sure what you’re talking about? We are not even a democracy. We are a Constitutional representative republic. There is a difference between the two. Our Founders were against pure democracies for they always fail. What you are attempting to say is our republic is saved because Trump lost the election? Well, things are just going swimmingly under the Biden regime. I suppose you agree?

So please point out an authoritarian policy dictated by Trump?

Have you read Eric Hoffer’s True Believer? I suggest it.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 09-09-2021 at 07:13 PM..

Old 09-09-2021, 07:55 PM

1 posts, read 322 times
No

Old 09-09-2021, 09:56 PM

254 posts, read 131,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
No, I have not read any of the TDS filled screeds that seem to roll out on a weekly basis that are not well sourced. Well sourced? Ha! How did Trump try to overturn an election? Legal and fair election? Have you read the section in the Pennsylvania state Constitution in regards to elections? Apparently you have not. There are only two ways to vote in Pennsylvania. Either in person or solicit an absentee ballot that requires an identification process. Universal mail in ballots are not Constitutional in the state of Pennsylvania. The reason is, it is apt with fraud. Most people agree universal mail in ballots invite serious fraud. Why do you think forensic audits are going on? How is democracy salvaged under ineptness? I’m not sure what you’re talking about? We are not even a democracy. We are a Constitutional representative republic. There is a difference between the two. Our Founders were against pure democracies for they always fail. What you are attempting to say is our republic is saved because Trump lost the election? Well, things are just going swimmingly under the Biden regime. I suppose you agree?

I owe you an apology. Welcome to Georgia. I want the best for anyone who is at least passionate about something enough to have legitimate reasons for forming their opinions. I'm not your enemy. Good luck here. It's a really special place.

Old 09-10-2021, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaRising View Post
I owe you an apology. Welcome to Georgia. I want the best for anyone who is at least passionate about something enough to have legitimate reasons for forming their opinions. I'm not your enemy. Good luck here. It's a really special place.
Good luck to you and I apologize as well for going at you. I’m sorry to hear about one of your parents. That’s always tough. We do love it here and took a day trip to Savanna last weekend. Beautiful town.

Old 09-10-2021, 10:00 AM

561 posts, read 337,788 times
Quote:

Oh boy. I'll listen to a lot, but I don't do the bamboo ballots conspiracy theory stuff. We are in September and we still don't have these smoking gun "forensics" from the state of Arizona. I have some neighbors you remind me of. Great people even though we couldn't be further apart on how we view the last administration. I appreciate them as friends, neighbors and fellow Georgians, as they do my family. You are in the state of Georgia, so it shouldn't take much effort to inform yourself in how Trump attempted to use authoritarian measures to alter the results of our election. You just have to open to believe what's right in front of you instead of discarding it outright because it doesn't fit your narrative. I will put your book on my reading list. I like to stay informed on how other folks see things and why.

Old 09-10-2021, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoski View Post
Oh boy. I'll listen to a lot, but I don't do the bamboo ballots conspiracy theory stuff. We are in September and we still don't have these smoking gun "forensics" from the state of Arizona. I have some neighbors you remind me of. Great people even though we couldn't be further apart on how we view the last administration. I appreciate them as friends, neighbors and fellow Georgians, as they do my family. You are in the state of Georgia, so it shouldn't take much effort to inform yourself in how Trump attempted to use authoritarian measures to alter the results of our election. You just have to open to believe what's right in front of you instead of discarding it outright because it doesn't fit your narrative. I will put your book on my reading list. I like to stay informed on how other folks see things and why.
You read quackery from TDS filled partisan droobs who have zero first hand accounts. These Washington Post so called investigative reporters are partisan hacks. Zero substance, but like the sycophant leftists they are pawn such tabloids as truth.

I don’t know what the results of these audits will be, but universal ballots opens the doors to fraud. Even nations in European nations scoff at mail in universal voting for the simple fact of fraud. Jerry Nadler has raised concerns against universal mail in voting. These are the facts. Now with that settled, there are only two ways to vote in the state of Pennsylvania by their state Constitution and universal mail in voting isn’t one of them. Every lawsuit that was filed by Trump was on Constitutional grounds. His lawsuits were legal and in fact promotes democracy.

What does NOW living in the state of Georgia has to do with my views in elections laws being unconstitutionally changed? What about Georgians who have lived here their entire lives after many generations who align with my views? You’re just rambling.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:23 PM

561 posts, read 337,788 times
I'm trying to keep it polite but I can go in on you if you want, but critical thinking doesn't seem to be something you value so it would be wasted effort. Pennsylvania courts dropped, denied or dismissed all but one of the cases brought by Trump, to include the one you reference. The one ruled on in favor had no impact on the election outcome. So regardless of what you may want to be true, the courts said otherwise. Your post reak of cospiritorial bull, partisan close-mindedness and pure ignorance that's seems direct from OAN and a better fit for Parler.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:13 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,872,975 times
Whew. That was a long and unnecessary read. Just wanted go make sure I wasn't repeating something that hadn't already been said.

Anyway...

A recent poll showed that something like 70% of black voters identify as moderate or conservative, not liberal. Why do y'all think that it is that black voters always vote D? Because Republicans support policies that screw them over. It's not the social issues like gay marriage and abortion, it's the facts on the ground- the black side of town always gets the industrial sites, low paying jobs, and the police treat everybody like a potential criminal, and on top of that, Republicans are always trying to take away their voting rights.

If the GOP could exorcise that pro-corporate irresponsibility/racist element out of the party and support family values and strong communities for everyone across the board, they'd have a lock on the black vote.

But they don't want to do that, because the corporate donors need cheap labor and somewhere to dump all of their sh*t and keep it hidden from white voters, keep them believing that America is clean and just and keep them from seeing that the shiny exterior has a rotten core.

As nasty as the Trump people can get sometimes, they're not the problem, they're victims of this system, too, but right now the big money machine has managed to scare the everloving crap out of them, and delude them into not seeing what's right in front of their eyes, to blame every minority group and college nerd instead of the benefactors of the system that is beating them down.

Old 09-11-2021, 07:15 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,928,191 times
Quote:
You read quackery from TDS filled partisan droobs who have zero first hand accounts. These Washington Post so called investigative reporters are partisan hacks. Zero substance, but like the sycophant leftists they are pawn such tabloids as truth.

I don’t know what the results of these audits will be, but universal ballots opens the doors to fraud. Even nations in European nations scoff at mail in universal voting for the simple fact of fraud. Jerry Nadler has raised concerns against universal mail in voting. These are the facts. Now with that settled, there are only two ways to vote in the state of Pennsylvania by their state Constitution and universal mail in voting isn’t one of them. Every lawsuit that was filed by Trump was on Constitutional grounds. His lawsuits were legal and in fact promotes democracy.

What does NOW living in the state of Georgia has to do with my views in elections laws being unconstitutionally changed? What about Georgians who have lived here their entire lives after many generations who align with my views? You’re just rambling.
This is nothing less than delusional garbage being spewed from this week's playbook. To think that people like you vote is scary.

Old 09-11-2021, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
This is nothing less than delusional garbage being spewed from this week's playbook. To think that people like you vote is scary.
If being concerned about universal mail in voting bringing on fraud is delusional, then that delusion is shared by most of the world. You don’t know what you’re talking about. Fraud happens every election and we don’t know the extent of the fraud this past election. We can have a debate about that, but let’s see what the forensic audit uncovers. I hope they uncover no fraud. We also know state election laws were also unconstitutionally changed and that is where the Trump lawsuits focused on. Only state legislators can change election laws; not the courts, not the Governor, and not election officials. Also, the laws can only be changed within the scope of the state’s constitution. In Pennsylvania, election laws were unconstitutionally changed. There is nothing delusional about that. It happened.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 09-11-2021 at 07:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia