Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 04:10 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,314,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaRising View Post
Why don't you look for someone else to waste time with. I am, in writing, asking you to stop.

Good luck and thank you.
Good luck to you as well. I hope you’re enjoying the great state of Georgia as much as I am. Like you, I moved out of a blue state onto greener pastures and hopefully it will stay that way for quite some time. That’s the reason I’m voting for Walker. I don’t care whether or not Walker supports Trump. Walker’s views more align with my Constitutional conservative philosophy and world view and that’s the only reason why my vote will go to him. He isn’t an ideologue, he is rational. He doesn’t subscribe to ideologies that are antithetical to our Founding and Constitution. It always makes me wonder why people from blue states who move to red states continue to vote for the same ideologies and dystopia that they are fleeing from. I just can’t wrap my mind around it.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:13 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,903,744 times
Quote:
His Trump support and subsequent endorsement sealed the deal for me. No, he will not get my vote.
So you're not voting for Walker, because you hate Trump??? That's like knowing that Harris is a lightweight, but because you like Sleepy Joe, having her as VP and future President and Commander in Chief was fine with you! How are you liking them NOW? Be honest!

Old 09-09-2021, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
So you're not voting for Walker, because you hate Trump??? That's like knowing that Harris is a lightweight, but because you like Sleepy Joe, having her as VP and future President and Commander in Chief was fine with you! How are you liking them NOW? Be honest!
I have trouble understanding this mindset. So an individual hates another individual so much that they are willing to alter their own principles and virtues to spite such an individual? It is of my belief that such people are disingenuous and are not being truthful about who they are. So it is my belief that Atlantic wasn’t voting for Walker regardless, but had an opportunity to take a jab at Trump. When challenged on that jab, Atlantic got upset and offended. Really? That’s what the left has done, they created this caricature of Trump as if he is some kind of evil villain. They have done this with every Republican president and presidential candidate since Reagan. Sadly, there are plenty of droobs who buy into these narratives that are being sold to them.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:36 PM

254 posts, read 131,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Good luck to you as well. I hope you’re enjoying the great state of Georgia as much as I am. Like you, I moved out of a blue state onto greener pastures and hopefully it will stay that way for quite some time. That’s the reason I’m voting for Walker. I don’t care whether or not Walker supports Trump. Walker’s views more align with my Constitutional conservative philosophy and world view and that’s the only reason why my vote will go to him. He isn’t an ideologue, he is rational. He doesn’t subscribe to ideologies that are antithetical to our Founding and Constitution. It always makes me wonder why people from blue states who move to red states continue to vote for the same ideologies and dystopia that they are fleeing from. I just can’t wrap my mind around it.
THAT is challenging my comment and I am happy to answer you, however I refuse to argue or be called names.

I came back home to take care of a dying parent. I was born and raised here. I have voted for both sides of the isle. I would love to have at least two viable options during elections. I believe the U.S. is best when balanced. But after Jan. 6th, I will NEVER CONSIDER voting for a party that supports what happened. I have to live with the embarrassment of voting for him once and I will not make the same mistake again.

I hope that clears things up because I have run out of patience with his supporters who continue to prove that bullying, violence and harassment of fellow Americans is acceptable or remotely patriotic. It is not. Attacking our democracy is not acceptable. Period. And Walker has made it clear he is a candidate of Trump. When a Republican eventually comes along and presents actual ideas to better our country without supporting cruelty, I will be happy to consider voting for them.

Last edited by AtlantaRising; 09-09-2021 at 04:46 PM..

Old 09-09-2021, 05:00 PM

Quote:
THAT is challenging my comment and I am happy to answer you, however I refuse to argue or be called names.

I came back home to take care of a dying parent. I was born and raised here. I have voted for both sides of the isle. I would love to have at least two viable options during elections. I believe the U.S. is best when balanced. But after Jan. 6th, I will NEVER CONSIDER voting for a party that supports what happened. I have to live with the embarrassment of voting for him once and I will not make the same mistake again.

I hope that clears things up because I have run out of patience with his supporters who continue to prove that bullying, violence and harassment of fellow Americans is acceptable much less patriotic. It is not. Attacking our democracy is not acceptable. Period. And Walker has made it clear he is a candidate of Trump. When a Republican eventually comes along and presents actual ideas to better our country without supporting cruelty, I will be happy to consider voting for them.
Maybe I missed this, but what party supports what happened January 6th? I don’t know of a single conservative who supports the morons who trespassed and rioted into the Capitol building, not a one. In fact I have heard Republican after Republican condemning such actions including the vast majority of conservative pundits. I surely don’t support civil unrest and chaos. I don’t know of any fellow conservative who supports such mischief and unruliness. Even Trump condemned the actions of these dopes. And no, they are not insurrectionists. The FBI has ruled out that January 6th was an insurrection. Also, the DOJ has concluded Trump didn’t incite the actions that was perpetrated that day. How is telling your supporters to peacefully and patriotically protest at the Capitol building inciting an insurrection? But if you’re honest with yourself, what is your position on Antifa, BLM, and other Marxist groups that attempted to storm the White House while President Trump was inside? I don’t recall Biden or Harris condemning those actions. I do recall Harris condoning and encouraging the rioting, looting, and burning of buildings in cities throughout the United States by telling these criminals to not stop and set up a bail fund for those who are arrested. I recall Maxine Waters telling people to get into the faces of those who have different views. I don’t recall any democrats condemning these inciting actions.

Then when looters, rioters, and arsonists burning down buildings including a federal courthouse an attack on our democracy? When Marxists groups attempted to storm the White House, that was an attack on our democracy? The overwhelming vast majority of those who protested at the Capitol building were protesting peacefully and patriotically. That’s exactly what democracy looks like. For what it is is worth, many of those who have been charged with trespass of the Capitol building were invited in by the Capitol police. It seems there was a political party who wanted this to happen and seem to be cashing in on it everyday. Once this Afghanistan story dies down, it will be back to the narrative of January 6 insurrection.

I’m sorry, I don’t believe you’re being candid about who you are. It’s either that or you’re severely misinformed.

What are ideas that you would support from a Republican? Does Walker possess any of these ideas you support?

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 09-09-2021 at 05:16 PM..

Old 09-09-2021, 05:10 PM

254 posts, read 131,309 times
Quote:
Maybe I missed this, but what party supports what happened January 6th. I don’t know of a single conservative who supports the morons who trespassed and rioted into the Capitol building, not a one. In fact I have heard Republican after Republican condemning such actions including the vast majority of conservative pundits. I surely don’t support civil unrest and chaos. I don’t know of any fellow conservative who supports such mischief and unruliness. Even Trump condemned the actions of these dopes. And no, they are not insurrectionists. The FBI has ruled out that January 6th was an insurrection. Also, the DOJ has concluded Trump didn’t incite the actions that was perpetrated that day. How is telling your supporters to peacefully and patriotically protest at the Capitol building inciting an insurrection? But if you’re honest with yourself, what is your position on Antifa, BLM, and other Marxist groups that attempted to storm the White House while President Trump was inside? I don’t recall Biden or Harris condemning those actions. I do recall Harris condoning and encouraging the rioting, looting, and burning of buildings in cities throughout the United States by telling these criminals to not stop and set up a bail fund for those who are arrested. I recall Maxine Waters telling people to get into the faces of those who have different views. I don’t recall any democrats condemning these inciting actions.

I’m sorry, I don’t believe you’re being candid about who you are. It’s either that or you’re severely misinformed.

What are ideas that you would support from a Republican? Does Walker possess any of these ideas you support?
I believe in limited government, hawkish defense, limited taxation and personal responsibility. I also believe in healthy immigration policies, strong border protection and democratic elections. But that does NOT mean I will support anyone who agrees with my viewpoints if they also show dictatorial ambitions.

Believe as you want. That is the glory of America. I am completely content with my education of the facts. I am also in good company in my "great state of Georgia" because most of us here were brought up to care about each other. Georgia is not NY or CA. We take pride in helping one another and supporting the progress of the state. But just because you came here thinking we are all hardcore social conservatives by any means necessary, does not mean I have to live up to your expectations. Despite what you want and despite our support of things like the 2nd Amendment, Georgia has always been an outlier in the South and we don't need or want outsiders telling us who we must support. We are not some stereotypical "Gone With The Wind" bunch of morons aligned with just your ideology. The reason Georgia thoroughly flipped in the POTUS and Senate elections was because of Donald Trump. And if Republicans keep running Trump candidates here, they will probably continue to lose statewide elections. Not because some of us don't want to ever vote for a Republican...but because some of us will not support Trump in any shape or form.

Since nothing I genuinely have stated is believable by you, I don't want to continue arguing to soothe your NY ego. See you November 2022.

Last edited by AtlantaRising; 09-09-2021 at 05:31 PM..

Old 09-09-2021, 05:49 PM

Quote:
I believe in limited government, hawkish defense, limited taxation and personal responsibility. I also believe in healthy immigration policies, strong border protection and democratic elections. But that does NOT mean I will support anyone who agrees with my viewpoints if they also show dictatorial ambitions.

Believe as you want. That is the glory of America. I am completely content with my education of the facts. I am also in good company in my "great state of Georgia" because most of us here were brought up to care about each other. Georgia is not NY or CA. We take pride in helping one another and supporting the progress of the state. But just because you came here thinking we are all hardcore social conservatives by any means necessary, does not mean I have to live up to your expectations. Despite what you want and despite our support of things like the 2nd Amendment, Georgia has always been an outlier in the South and we don't need or want outsiders telling us who we must support. We are not some stereotypical "Gone With The Wind" bunch of morons aligned with just your ideology.

Since nothing I genuinely have stated is believable by you, I don't want to continue arguing to soothe your NY ego. See you next November.
I don’t support dictatorial authoritarian ambitions either? I imagine you’re referring to Trump. Again, you continue with your caricature of who he is. Can you back that up? Is there an example of a authoritarian policy that he implemented? I do agree with the remainder of the first paragraph, but not sure what “hawkish defense means?” I’m also having a hard time understanding how you possess the above political philosophy, yet will vote for Biden if Trump wins the 2024 presidential nomination? Your above philosophy is antithetical to the Biden ideology. Speak of dictatorial ambitions, you see this covid mandate Biden is implementing? What authority does Biden have to implement such mandates on employers?

I do recall working during 9/11 and during hurricane Sandy and New Yorkers came together like I never seen people come together to help other people out. New Yorkers are very caring people though they can be crass and hyperbolic. That’s the uniqueness of New Yorkers. No state has a monopoly on caring for others. I think it’s quite the American thing to do. I think that’s more of an example of American greatness and exceptionalism, not of a particular state.

I don’t see being pro-life and anti-same sex marriage as socially hardcore. I see being pro-abortion and pro same sex marriage as socially hardcore. Who said I believe everyone in the state of Georgia is socially conservative? I would imagine most of the state is socially conservative, but that doesn’t refer to the entire state and everyone who resides in the state are socially conservative. What are you even talking about? When did I suggest for you to live by my expectations? What do you think my expectations of you are? I just don’t believe you’re being candid. You went on a rant against Trump.

You support who you want to support. If Warnock more aligns with your political philosophy, go with it. I don’t vote by my emotions, I vote for who more aligns with my philosophical worldview. That happens to not be Warnock.

I’m actually from the middle of nowhere Pennsylvania. I moved to New York to be a cop. It is comical how you also paint a caricature of New York. New York is a big state. New York isn’t just New York City. Many people have that misconception.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 09-09-2021 at 06:06 PM..

Old 09-09-2021, 06:20 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,382,247 times
Quote:

I hope that clears things up because I have run out of patience with his supporters who continue to prove that bullying, violence and harassment of fellow Americans is acceptable or remotely patriotic. It is not. Attacking our democracy is not acceptable. Period. And Walker has made it clear he is a candidate of Trump. When a Republican eventually comes along and presents actual ideas to better our country without supporting cruelty, I will be happy to consider voting for them.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well said, regardless of what others will surely post...

Old 09-09-2021, 06:21 PM

561 posts, read 337,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
The 2014 special Senate election in SC to finish out former Sen. DeMint's term also featured two Black candidates, but unlike a potential Walker/Warner matchup, neither of the incumbent's opponents had wide name recognition throughout the state. Although he also lost, Jaime Harrison, who ran against Lindsay Graham last year, was the best Senate candidate with much more name recognition that the SC Democratic Party had run in years.

At any rate, the irony is that the only type of Black Republican candidate that could be competitive among Black voters against a solid Black Democratic incumbent or candidate in a major statewide election (governor or U.S. senator), not just in Georgia but nationwide really, is the sort that would in all likelihood not win the state Republican primary. Think former Lt. Gov. Michael Steele of Maryland or former Rep. J.C. Watts of Oklahoma. They'd face stiff competition in the primary from candidates running well to their right that are much more reflective of the party's base in terms of ideology and rhetoric, which is precisely what makes them noncompetitive for the Black vote in a general election. Someone like Allen West could win a GOP primary in Georgia but to then appeal to enough Black voters to be competitive with that bloc in the general would require more than a hard pivot; a magical personal transformation would be needed.
Great post. I would say that a individual like Michael Steele is positioned well in a state like Maryland that has shown no issues in electing Republicans at the state level although it is a solidly blue state for President elections. Though I'm not familiar with his earlier politics Larry Hogan, but he seems to be very much a very rational centrist Republican just as Steele and he had no issues in the Maryland RNC primary. Michael Steele carries a large level of credibility in the black community despite being a Republican and I think would certainly do well in a state such as Maryland. Someone like Hershel Walker carries little credibility and though he may perform well in the primary, black voters in general would not be swayed. Maybe some black male voters who have shown a higher propensity to vote based name recognition and cultural popularity.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:30 PM

561 posts, read 337,295 times
Quote:
I don’t support dictatorial authoritarian ambitions either? I imagine you’re referring to Trump. Again, you continue with your caricature of who he is. Can you back that up? Is there an example of a authoritarian policy that he implemented?
Just curious, have you read any recent books on the Trump Presidency? The last two I read, "I Alone Can Fix It;" and "Frankly, We did Win This Election" are well sourced and paint a very clear picture of who Trump was/is and what he desired to do. Authoritarian is a very apt description. Seriously, trying to overturn a legal and fair election to stay in office is pretty much textbook authoritarian. Sheer ineptitude on his behalf is the only thing that salvaged this democracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia