Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 06:47 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,989,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian (x)lurker View Post
a woman who dresses as she was a man or a man who dresses as he were a woman, are actually aberrant beside pathetic, ridicolous, caricatures and inharmonious, they give a weird vibe and make others feel uncomfortable

they know this but don't care a fig since have no respect for the others
Yeah, they're definitely the ones who need to learn some respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 08:21 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian (x)lurker View Post
a woman who dresses as she was a man or a man who dresses as he were a woman, are actually aberrant beside pathetic, ridicolous, caricatures and inharmonious, they give a weird vibe and make others feel uncomfortable

they know this but don't care a fig since have no respect for the others
Does this include those working in the trades or in the military? There is only unisex uniforms for everyday.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:54 AM

66 posts, read 73,301 times
All racist and all homosexual culture always have these stupid double standards! Like in this situation and in many others!
13 "Gay" Bakeries Deny Christian's Request for Pro-Traditional Marriage Cake - Freedom Outpost
WORLD | Oregon bakers might have to pay $150,000 to same-sex couple | Daniel James Devine | Feb. 3, 2015
They all are about money, you know?

Old 03-10-2015, 05:36 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,630,500 times
Let me throw this ball back at you Der Vogel. Why is obviously hateful and intolerant behavior tolerated from lesbians towards the opposite sex, but not from homosexual males towards the opposite sex? Have run into this a lot in my life. Have worked with and known male homosexuals that did not have "an ax to grind" with the opposite sex and were quite polite. On the other hand have known or worked with known lesbians that were quite rude, "angry" towards the opposite sex and it was given a pass. My son, in his teens, worked at a restaurant owned by a lesbian and every time he did something, even accidentally, that did not meet her approval she would curse and spew sexual expletives at him, degrading his sex. Why is this allowed? Why are lesbians so hateful of the opposite sex? A good friend of mine had a daughter that paired up with a lesbian and had the two over to a cookout he threw for them. And the lesbian would not say two words to any of the males. I know, some of you are probably saying "It's probably because the way she'd been treated by men in the past, or she had a bad experience with a man or she's anticipating rejection from the guys". No matter!! It doesn't excuse it. ALL MEN are NOT responsible for you swearing off the opposite sex or ALL MEN are not ridiculing you. Knock off the attitude if you want to be accepted as a person or maybe you don't care. Maybe you want to be hated by the opposite sex. Maybe you have this little anti-male war going on in your head. Whatever, I was just wondering why it is so accepted for one and not the other.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:25 AM

685 posts, read 720,646 times
Allow some clarification from a woman who has been married to a guy to whom we were together for over 12 years and with a woman I've been with for almost 25 years now. I will clarify what I can and know. When I don't, I'll say that. There are more specific labels for all the types I know below and I'm leaving them out because labels can easily be misunderstood and pigeon hole people.

Lesbians:
1. There are different types. Many are like me and my partner. We don't look any different from anyone else. You can't tell by the way we act. We both have male friends who we like and I adore. I had a guy who was a best friend for 15 years until his hypocrisy of his religious and political views became intolerable and I had to stop being friends. It had nothing to do with his being a guy and I'll never forget the good things we were together.
2. There are those who prefer the make-up and wearing dresses. That was who I was until I retired.
3. There are those who are women who have an internalized make up that prefer wearing men's-like clothing and ties. I read a book about women like this for a better understanding.
4. Finally, in my exposure, there are women who have likely been bullied and abused by men on a scale that I just can't fathom. These women end up disliking men (often immensely).
5. There are just some darn-tootin' and not abused lesbians out there who have tempers (like men and women everywhere) because we're all human and have commonalities everywhere.

I've worked with gay guys who were totally fine but logically, that's what I'd expect with my exposure. There are two gay guys who wouldn't talk to me in the neighborhood and moved out. Rude? Ah, only if you insist on using social mores that may command them to just say, "Hello." I didn't care. They only became a problem when neighbors asked me to do some things (write a letter, talk to them) because they were being obnoxious to some neighbors and since I was on the owners board, I gave it a tactful shot.

Dauntless: Your generic statement and question asking about why lesbians are so hateful of the opposite sex. The collective "we" says we're not (I'm not writing for all lesbians as it's just what I've lived through and learned). I might put the woman's (see her as that) attitude either in #4 or #5. I've been verbally abused by men and women but hating them isn't part of that. You know that already, so why lump us all into the mean lesbian category? She just may be an untrained manager working in a high-stress environment. It's sort of that way in many situations now in the world.

Keep in mind I don't hate men. I dislike some as you must dislike some women and I don't think I hate anyone as that's a really strong word. You're telling rude lesbians to knock off the attitude. I told my more than rude and towering test manager (not gay) to knock it off when he mistreated those in his department. lol... telling my dopey manager to knock it off didn't work (well, it made a change in venue where he yelled at people and he remained mean and arrogant).

The behavior by this one woman is intolerable. Been there and seen it and I don't tolerate meanness by either men or women. There's only a double-standard in everything you said if the person on the receiving end doesn't put his/her foot down to stop it or walk out.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:52 PM

3,187 posts, read 4,587,584 times
I don't care who somebody feels intimate feelings for though it seems to me that most gays follow they're own gender stereotypes and that whoever doesn't should be free to initiate relationship with whoever they want to legally and ably.

Why governments still wish to interfere seems pointless to me, let people do as they please their sexuality is irrelevant.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:23 PM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Vogel View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^ And this is my point! The double standard. Why not acceptable for men in women's clothes?

Too: Yes, she is a cross-dresser. Just because it is acceptable does not make it so. She is donning attire normally worn by men, i.e. is crossing over gender-lines insofar as clothing is concerned. Ergo: Cross Dresser.

If it makes you feel better wearing men's clothing is what brought Joan of Arc to her demise while men of that era were accepted to were wigs, make-up and effeminate clothing.

Old 03-10-2015, 03:42 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
the reality is you can just decide if you e want o only work with that person like anything else; your free otherwise in your associations. On many things that is reality of being human and living a life not only as you wish but free of conflict. The meaning to t each his/her own. Some seem to think that means you have to accept or associate but that is never true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates