Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 11:16 AM

339 posts, read 334,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Please copy and paste it if you think it supports your position. I don't see how it's relevant since Mickey is in compliance with the dress code.
it's not my job to find it and copy and past it but rather your to find it and read it if you are going to claim I did not state it. but thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
We agree on something. In his defense, however, I think he comes by his (bigoted) opinions honestly. I've known some escapee's from AZ and they say the place is chock full of people like Der Vogel. DV, I've got a german userid as well so I'm going to go easy on you. I'm not german and there probably isn't any place for someone who looks like me in your world. I've been having fun with this thread but at its core is some serious failure to communicate. You are young, I think. Too young to have such hardliner opinions I think but possibly young enough to overcome them. Do try. Otherwise by the time you get to my age this planet is just going to be the solar systems biggest slag heap.

H
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!

I WAS WONDERING HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE....AND HERE IT IS!!!!!!

ALTHOUGH SHE DID IT A BIT COVERTLY..SHE FINALLY REGRESSED INTO THIS INEVITABLE PLOY........

Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(BY THE WAY...SHAME ON YOU.)

Old 02-26-2015, 11:29 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,989,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Vogel View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!

I WAS WONDERING HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE....AND HERE IT IS!!!!!!

ALTHOUGH SHE DID IT A BIT COVERTLY..SHE FINALLY REGRESSED INTO THIS INEVITABLE PLOY........

Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(BY THE WAY...SHAME ON YOU.)
Wow, paranoia is a hell of a thing.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:30 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Oh...I truly appreciate attractive women being exhibitionist and wearing tight clothes.

I remember the reason being.....Oh yeah...that's right...because I am straight. LOL

See? A man appreciating hot females is what we call "normal" and "appropriate."

But as much as I adore hot women flaunting it, I also feel that too much of it can also be inappropriate in the workplace.

And...uhh.. Anyone who knows me would LOL at you referring to me as "buttoned down." I am the anti-button down! LOL.

I ride a motorcycle and play Jazz and hate ties and have lost more than one job for having very impulsive attitude and dislike for corporate environments. I am also a military veteran with the requisite mistrust of authority.
You're just making it worse. Just listen to yourself. For the love of all that is Holy... its 2015. Who are you trying to convince of your manly attraction to the fair sex? And how much is too much? Too tight? Motorcycles are fun, but dangerous. There are safer ways to prove that you aren't gay... just saying. Having a more tolerant attitude towards butch lesbians is one way. Love your enemy. You don't have to answer this in open forum, but have you ever given an obviously gay man a ride home on your motorcycle? You know... I honestly thought the liberal Arizona survivors I have met were making it up about how rabidly Conservative the place is. You are making me start to wonder... ...

Old 02-26-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
We agree on something. In his defense, however, I think he comes by his (bigoted) opinions honestly. I've known some escapee's from AZ and they say the place is chock full of people like Der Vogel. DV, I've got a german userid as well so I'm going to go easy on you. I'm not german and there probably isn't any place for someone who looks like me in your world. I've been having fun with this thread but at its core is some serious failure to communicate. You are young, I think. Too young to have such hardliner opinions I think but possibly young enough to overcome them. Do try. Otherwise by the time you get to my age this planet is just going to be the solar systems biggest slag heap.

H
And another thing.......

Your dig about my hometown? Please. Prescott is an awesome place to live. Yes, it is conservative, overall, by nature, but is also a melting pot with a good slice in liberals as well--at least for Arizona. We have three colleges here and a ton of Arts. It's also the freakin' rehab capitol of the country!

Escapees? I doubt it. I find it very telling that my town is chock full of escapees from all those big cities you named. My boss is from Chicago. How come we always see people moving here from there and not vice versa?

Prescott has doubled in size over the past 20 years. So...um...the math reallt doesn;t work out for supporting a theory which postulates mass escapees, now, does it? LOL

Old 02-26-2015, 11:31 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,424,572 times
Quote:
I need to ask you good people if you feel I am being overly intolerant or judegemental about a situation at work.

I have a co-worker. A female. A lesbian. A proud, self-proclaimed lesbian who makes no qualms, indeed, even flaunts who she is and what her sexual proclivities are. First: she goes by a man's name: Mickey.

She looks and dresses like a man; has hair styled like a man: short, parted on the side. Her girlfriend--who looks equally butch comes by often at closing time and hangs around for 15-20 minutes waiting for Mickey to get off.

So..yeah, yeah, to each their own and live and let live and all that. But here is my question:

Now, Let us for a moment switch the tables. My name is Tim. So..let's say I am a very, very effeminate gay guy. Let's say I dress like a woman; wear make-up and wear my hair in an effeminate style. I go by the name "Tina." I have my equally femme and obviously-gay boyfriend come by work once in awhile. Would this be tolerated in most workplaces, do think? Would I have ever even gotten the job? (I work in a public-contact environment.)

So, if you think the "Tina" thing would not fly, then is it sort of unfair that a "Mickey" is allowed? Is thisnot discriminatory? Unfair? Or should both types be allowed? Again, in a job where the general public is served all day long?

I am of the opinion that Tina would certainly not be allowed at my workplace. He just would not get hired in the first place. Also, I believe this "Mickey but not Tina" dynamic is fairly commonplace. And my opinion is that this is unfair to the male gays.

What say you? And is you agree with the "Mickey but not Tina" thing is goin' on, why do you think it is tolerated more?

Thank you for your thoughtful opinions.
Why don't you stop worrying about other people's bedrooms? Why do you care so much how other people dress and act? What makes you think your way of dressing and acting is so much more "right" than theirs?
I would rather share my workplace with 1000 Mickeys, Tinas, and Tina's boyfriends, than one person like you.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
it's not my job to find it and copy and past it but rather your to find it and read it if you are going to claim I did not state it. but thanks!
You've already stated repeatedly that she is not violating the dress codes, and you've got time to answer every other post in the thread (including my previous one). So if you want to emphasize the fact that her attire is somehow inappropriate for your workplace (in spite of being permitted by the dress code), then just copy and paste it or restate it for those of us old folks without enough brain power to remember every post in an 11-page thread.

Otherwise, I'm going to assume that's it's just a symptom of you projecting your own hangups onto her because she isn't in the closet, like every other post you've made in this thread.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:39 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,164,684 times
Quote:
The reason, I suspect are the daunting technical challenges involved. There are scads of people on the TG spectrum who are only kept from going all the way with a full out surgical transition by the (justifiable) fear of medical complications.
There is probably some truth to that but my armchair analysis says that would be a consideration for well less than half of domme lesbians.

Quote:
I stopped watching TV around the time Eddie Murphy left SNL. I have missed an entire generation of celebrities... Madonna, Spears, Beiber, Winehouse, Cyrus... ... accounts of their talents (or lack of) and celebrity antics filter through my psychic firewall enough so that I am not barred from participating in the Politics and Other Controversies forum.
Surely you know what Justin Bieber looks like, yes? I'd recommend googling the term "Lesbians Who Look Like Justin Bieber."

Quote:
Not that the standards for informed opinion are all that high there, but I do digress... ... where were we... oh... you say these women are not looking for men... well why on earth not?? Why date a facsimile when you can have the real McCoy (or Goodman)? If its a woman you want, there are tons of those, and if its a guy... Bob's your uncle.
I'd recommend asking a gay woman that (rhetorical) question.

Quote:
Why do 'guys' who are actually women with socks in their briefs hold any appeal? For that matter, why do men with birth control pill prescriptions and A-cup breasts hold such a fascination for straight men? It's all so very confusing...
Your characterizations and assumptions are rather confusing as well.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:42 AM

You people are hopeless. (Well, most of you).

Ya know: I was advised by a few members here via PMs that any thread asking about alternative lifestyles would only lead to me being call a fascist or a bigot. Or worse...as in the case of liesesturm reverting to Godwin's Law..albeit in her own smarmy subtly way. (Liesesturm: are you going to deny that you were hinting at calling me what Godwin's stated? Be honest. I dare you.)

I have only gotten one or two thoughful answers to my OP question. The rest has been self-rightous and wrongly-accusatory rhetoric. I thank you people who tried to answer my OP objectively and thoughfully. You are the minority.

To the PMers who warned me: you were right. I naively gave this audience too much credit when I began the thread. I am a nebie here, and I will learn from this.

With this I am going to complete my participation in my thread.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:50 AM

Hey, stop! You forgot your ball!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates