Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 11:37 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Vogel View Post
Um..we locals pronounce it "PRESS-kit" pardner.
Yeah, I knew just not to say Press Scott......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 12:10 PM

468 posts, read 582,957 times
Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDYHWH View Post
In fact, it depends, depends on feelings and thoughts of people around you.
As to me, a decade ago homosexuality was acceptable even interesting, however, I hate it nowadays and deem it symptom or even crime.

I did not care one way or another. Live and let live. No one has the right to tell others how to live, but the more I see them evolve by their true nature, their aggressive intolerant, over the top look at me reminds me of disgusting oversexed perverts/sluts that don't belong in civil society.
I will stay as professional as possible if I have to deal with them, but that is where it ends for me.
Transgenders are freaks, they look like freaks, they are head cases right along with sex deviates, I don't feel the need to entertain their proclivities. And I won't regardless of what adjectives they want to hurl at me.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:12 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
I think if they're putting on make-up and wearing a dress, odds are that they are in a transgendered state of mind. I don't think that gay women with traditionally masculine mannerisms necessarily think of themselves as being transgendered.
This is interesting... a guy in lipstick and a dress is a tranny, but a woman with a pair of socks in her BVD;s and a Mike's Hard Lemonade lunchbox is... not necessarily thinking that she is on the TG spectrum. Are you comfortable accepting this kind of... sexism.. on its face? You only help make the o.p.'s point if you believe that there is a limit to how much femininity is allowed a man before he is 'crossing over' but allow women who have done everything short of surgery to become men to still think of themselves as women.

My question remains, what is with all the cross behavior inherent in same sex attraction about anyway?! I mean... if you are a woman and you like women... why on earth go for women that look, sound and act exactly like John Goodman??? I mean... a guy who has no luck getting women could pretend to be a woman who has had a particularly successful FtM transition and BAM, money for nothing... chicks (lesbian chicks) for free! I'm not proud, I'd work that angle if things ever got desperate. What am I missing? Or is all this just too confusing?

Old 02-25-2015, 12:15 PM

468 posts, read 582,957 times
Default how big of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
\\

I don't care if you dress like a woman, but, I'm guessing small minded people like yourself might have a problem with it.
you need not have called this person small minded but since you did, people who accept aberrant behavior as norm......you are not playing with a full deck.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:21 PM

137 posts, read 173,929 times
MMOB always works for me. I don't see why MYOB shouldn't work for everyone else.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:55 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
But that is part of the point. Our dress code--except of "Dress-Down Fridays" is pretty much casual-professional. For example: I usually wear khakis; topsiders; and a button-down shirt or a polo-type shirt. Most of the women wear, well, what you would normally see a regular hetero woman wearing if she worked, say, as a receptionist at a doctor's or dentist's office. Or maybe the DMV.

Mickey is probably the sloppiest dressed person there. She abides by the dress code just barely.
What did HR (or the person in charge of the dress code) say when you reported her? The double standard doesn't exist if Mickey is meeting the dress code and nobody complains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
There have always been different rules when it comes to women vs men and women have been cut a lot more slack in so many areas where we would not do the same for a man. For example:

1) I have had women walk up behind me and pinch me or swat me on the butt, and we all chuckled, but if I had walked up behind a woman and done that I would have been taken to task for it.

2) Women think nothing of using the mens room in public places. At nightclubs it is very common for a woman to not want to wait in the long line going into the ladies room, so they will simply run into the mens room. Again, if I went into the womens room I would be tossed out on my ear or arrested.

So it should come as no surprise that lesbians can act masculine way with very little notice, but if a guy decided to dress feminine it would be a whole different matter.

Women really don't know how good they have it.

Don
Doing nothing is a problem. You can't complain about what might happen or would probably happen or what you imagine would happen ... when nothing actually happened. Say something so someone will do something.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:56 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,989,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
This is interesting... a guy in lipstick and a dress is a tranny, but a woman with a pair of socks in her BVD;s and a Mike's Hard Lemonade lunchbox is... not necessarily thinking that she is on the TG spectrum.
Man, there are a lot of confused people on this thread. Who TF said anything about a pair of socks in her underwear?

Projections: It's not just for movie theaters anymore.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:57 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Another good point!

But I dispute the fact that a "man would be fired instantly for having a cheesecake calendar on the inside of the closet."

Why? As long as it is on the inside. In fact--a co-worker of mine has the same thing! LOL. Yeah--the Girls of Maxim Magazine--Swimsuit Issue. (And, yeah, I have caught Mickey sneaking peeks at it.)

And in the construction trades, or a blue-collar atmoshpere like a warehouse or a manufacturing plant or a steel mill, well hell: I would say such calendars are commonplace--I have even seen them in full view in a manager or supervisor's office.

It is all about what is appropriate for the given environment, I believe.

I love the mental imagery of the gay guys coming by (see what I did there?) to check-out the Beefcake.

As far as the acceptance of either a Beefcake or Cheesecake Calendar in a place of business: Hmm..tough one, but I would say the Cheesecake overall might have a slight edge in acceptance ration. This is because, women's lib movement and their increasing presence and impact in the workplace, it is still by and large a man's world insofar as business and industry are concerned.
You object to Mickey being visibly butch and flaunting her sexuality, yet believe cheesecake calendars belong at the workplace. Do you honestly not see the cognitive dissonance here?

Old 02-25-2015, 12:58 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,989,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post
I did not care one way or another. Live and let live. No one has the right to tell others how to live, but the more I see them evolve by their true nature, their aggressive intolerant, over the top look at me reminds me of disgusting oversexed perverts/sluts that don't belong in civil society.
Yep, it's definitely the gay people who are intolerant...

Old 02-25-2015, 01:18 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,269,705 times
There are flamboyant people of all persuasions - gay, straight, black, white, male, female. They can be sexually flamboyant, rude, aggressive, prissy, whiny, sneezy, bitchy, itchy, xyzchy, whatever etc.

If the workplace says you cannot be these things, then it should be corrected.

I guess this is the OP's main complaint? If so, tell the boss, supervisor. Are there rules this person is breaking?

If it bothers you in general, just stay away from environments where you think you might run into this.

I laugh at my sister when she says she doesn't want to see this behavior - our other sister's son is gay. She doesn't want to see him with another guy. I laugh because this sister has very young grand children. Who knows what their orientation will be. I believe she thinks they tell you at the hospital when they hand you the baby - "oh, by the way, your baby is gay".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates