Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 12:06 AM

78 posts, read 77,589 times

Advertisements

[quote=PeaceAndLove42;41459201]By that I mean pedophiles, men that rape women, serial killers, child abusers, and the like. Is there ANY good reason why once found guilty these psychopaths aren't immediately taken behind the court house and shot like a dog with rabies? Why do we even give value to those that don't even deserve the right to exist or be considered human? Had Hitler only used his gas chambers for the likes of the above would anyone care?[/QUOTEk]

Um, yes. Subliminal sympathy and identification. Besides the obvious 'serial' killer the rest of those dark traits are in a lot of people. degenerate people or genes are more prevalent than just those who act on it. Ever be disgusted by certain types of people having sympathy for predators or make excuses. Pay attention to their moral beliefs, politics, gender perception, bigotry, sexism, hidden real nature.
Often they recognized ze predator in themselves. Why would they condemn their kind? they just want them to control or put on the act for society. In society, you have good people and you have the monstors who pretend to be like you. when a monstors acts on their real feelings, their kindred who you believed civilized cud prove otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 04:50 AM

4,218 posts, read 3,769,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
Because you and society don't get to decide whether or not they are human.
Ok, problem solved. We will send them to your house to stay with you and your family and you report back to us and tell us how that's going. In the real world these animals get thrown back into civilization and harm people like yourself. Mentalities such as yours are genuine but in reality you need to stop crime before it starts. As wrong as killing someone may be, sometimes eliminating the problem all together is better for the whole especially when the one being executed does not value human life and would shred your family into pieces if given the chance. People like that should not be on earth.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:29 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,038,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
By that I mean pedophiles, men that rape women, serial killers, child abusers, and the like. Is there ANY good reason why once found guilty these psychopaths aren't immediately taken behind the court house and shot like a dog with rabies? Why do we even give value to those that don't even deserve the right to exist or be considered human? Had Hitler only used his gas chambers for the likes of the above would anyone care?
Well, if we are talking the US, consider four things.

First of all, the 8th amendment. Since execution is the ultimate punishment, only in situations where those convicted have killed someone can they be executed. Executing them for crimes where they have not killed anyone, that is crimes against an individual and not the State, is considered excessive punishment and therefore, against the Constitution.

Secondly, if we up the punishment, such as saying execution for rape, child abuse, pedophiles, we increase the motivation for them to kill their victims. Kill their victims, remove the witness, reduce the odds of being caught.

Third, one must consider the people on the jury. They may be willing sentence someone to death because they know that if they have made a mistake, there is plenty of chances, plenty of time, for their mistake to be discovered. If, however, they know that for the person they say is guilty and to be executed will be dead in 30 minutes, they may be less willing to make that decision. I believe that if one becomes so Draconian, they will find a lot more not guilty verdicts and once person is so declared, they are free! They can't be tried again for the same crime.

Fourth, the US has a history of declaring various populations as less than human and treating them as such. It was wrong back then and I really don't think any reasonable person is willing to return to that stance for whatever the reason might be.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:00 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,487,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
We don't do that because we have a thing called due process. It is there to protect you as well as the most depraved criminal. Unfortunately we have prosecutors who withhold exculpatory evidence, attorneys who don't provide an adequate defense, witnesses who lie. There is an appellate process to give the accused an opportunity to contest the verdict for a number of those reasons. The Innocence Project has succeeded in overturning 330 homicide convictions due to DNA exoneration and another 140 because they were able to identify the real killer. Many of the accused had been given death sentences. I would not be proud to live in a nation where in our rush to punish we kill innocent people and then issue some lame apology after they are dead.

Exactly.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:09 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,487,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSonner View Post
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.
Leaves the whole world blind.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:29 AM

16 posts, read 12,479 times
Sorry I'm late to this discussion. I have an alternate plan for these degenerates. Send them all to northwest Alaska and put them to work. Their misery would be commensurate to their crimes, a living hell. They would have to be productive or die, as foraging for wood for their fireplaces would be mandatory. Rather than castration, I would leave their organs of animal desire in tact, so their longing could not be satisfied, and cause them more mental anguish. That is a proper punishment. Can you guess I am not a liberal?

Old 10-09-2015, 07:36 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,038,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qillrqueen7 View Post
Sorry I'm late to this discussion. I have an alternate plan for these degenerates. Send them all to northwest Alaska and put them to work. Their misery would be commensurate to their crimes, a living hell. They would have to be productive or die, as foraging for wood for their fireplaces would be mandatory.
Well, there are at least 4 problems I can see with that.

1. Is NW Alaska federal or state land? Are we talking about federal or state prisoners? There is bound to be some kind conflicting laws and regulations to mix that up.

2. It would be cost prohibitive to move them back and forth every time they had a court appearance in their own state.

3. I'm sure they have people who want to visit them, if not family, then their lawyers and it would raise havoc for either group to be unable to see them when they have been shipped off to "Devil's Island".

4. What would the Alaskans think about the other states dumping their problems into their pristine woods?

Old 10-09-2015, 08:23 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,187,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
There is no cure or treatment for psychopaths and sociopaths.
Some would say that you just condemned the TEA Party. Just part of the problem of presuming to put yourself and all your personal foibles in charge.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Too many make parole to go out and rape and kill again.
Pure senseless myth as far as murder goes. Killers paroled after serving at least 20 years have recidivism rates of approximately zero. The jungle you think you live in is a sandbox.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qillrqueen7 View Post
Sorry I'm late to this discussion. I have an alternate plan for these degenerates. Send them all to northwest Alaska and put them to work.
Too much freaking Discovery Channel. Maybe throttle that back a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates