Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2017, 02:42 PM

1,065 posts, read 597,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I'd like to hear from others and hope this is a good spot for this discussion. It's not welcome in the health area. Am I naive to think they can't or is it they won't. I've thought of this subject for many years.

https://sobernation.com/what-the-pha...t-you-to-know/

I don't know IF there is an answer to this question.
There is no such thing as a side effect. That is a marketing ploy. Those are thee effects of the drug.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:50 PM

1,640 posts, read 794,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRedThumb View Post
Sigh.

GC-C's existence is for the sole purpose of creating diarrhea. That is what it does. To keep the diarrhea from getting out of control, our bodies have a sensor to regulate the activity. Failure in this feedback means the diarrhea continues apace.

I do not know why this keeps being made so complicated.
Um, no. GCC's sole purpose is not to create diarrhea. GCC catalyzes reactions and can be found in different parts of the body. There is no sensor regulating GCC so that it doesn't create diarrhea.

Did you read the paper you linked?

eta: with that said, GCC's sole purpose, as far as I can tell, is to synthesize cGMP from GTP. Again, cGMP is a messenger to be found in different pathways in the human body.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:48 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
There is no such thing as a side effect. That is a marketing ploy. Those are thee effects of the drug.
Oh then I stand corrected..the oxycondone effect is constipation, fatigue and loss of appetite.

One of the other effects is reduces some pain for a short while.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRedThumb View Post
I'm done. I really am. Every word I say is put under a microscope and construed in the worst possible light.

You guys have a good time without me.
I'm glad you added to the discussion, debate, attacks whatever we want to call it. I've been dealing with those attacks for as long as I've arrived at C-D. It's amazing I'm still around, one thing I've grown a lot thicker skin, can say my peace and can walk away.

Many health topics ended up closed due to the bickering and attacking other's comments. Many I feel have walked away from C-D or not saying anything that is on their mind.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:56 PM

1,065 posts, read 597,725 times
Quote:
Oh then I stand corrected..the oxycondone effect is constipation, fatigue and loss of appetite.

One of the other effects is reduces some pain for a short while.
Agree.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I'm glad you added to the discussion, debate, attacks whatever we want to call it. I've been dealing with those attacks for as long as I've arrived at C-D. It's amazing I'm still around, one thing I've grown a lot thicker skin, can say my peace and can walk away.

Many health topics ended up closed due to the bickering and attacking other's comments. Many I feel have walked away from C-D or not saying anything that is on their mind.
I've watched a lot of misinformation get passed around in this thread, which really just constitutes lies at the end of the day. Frankly, I think people doing that online makes it exponentially harder for patients to be their own advocates with their doctors. Especially when considering something as important and potentially dangerous as prescription medication. I don't think it's fair to cry victim when being held accountable.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:42 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
The only thing I've learned is that big pharma is more than an industry, it is a definite religion to some people. They worship and worship and tithe and tithe and tout its virtues never seeing its faults. Ever. Wherever something bad happens its never big pharma's fault. It's the person's fault for being stupid. And big pharma is always right, there are NO other alternatives. Kinda like the doctrines that those religious folks that go door to door believe ... Science is truly dead.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
I've watched a lot of misinformation get passed around in this thread, which really just constitutes lies at the end of the day. Frankly, I think people doing that online makes it exponentially harder for patients to be their own advocates with their doctors. Especially when considering something as important and potentially dangerous as prescription medication. I don't think it's fair to cry victim when being held accountable.
Well, if I'm reading this correctly, TOO MANY believe pharma is the only answer. To MANY there are no options to issues when it comes to health.

I get attacked as I talk about taking a great supplement for 22 yrs that got me off allergy and sinus drugs...but to THOSE who attack, this is misinformation...everyone with allergies SHOULD be on the allergy drugs. Oh I gave pharma my money and a doc of allergy issues for many many yrs. NO MORE.

If you mean something else, then the above still stands from me.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The only thing I've learned is that big pharma is more than an industry, it is a definite religion to some people. They worship and worship and tithe and tithe and tout its virtues never seeing its faults. Ever. Wherever something bad happens its never big pharma's fault. It's the person's fault for being stupid. And big pharma is always right, there are NO other alternatives. Kinda like the doctrines that those religious folks that go door to door believe ... Science is truly dead.
Boy, this is some paragraph of TRUTH.

I just came thru a grievance with a hospital about their actions on the staph infection they finally found 2.5 months in rehab....and my grievance was taken but the team of doctors won. It will be a cold day in ""H"" before they see the monies they still want, didn't get enough from medicare and medical...and I'm left damaged.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Well, if I'm reading this correctly, TOO MANY believe pharma is the only answer. To MANY there are no options to issues when it comes to health.

I get attacked as I talk about taking a great supplement for 22 yrs that got me off allergy and sinus drugs...but to THOSE who attack, this is misinformation...everyone with allergies SHOULD be on the allergy drugs. Oh I gave pharma my money and a doc of allergy issues for many many yrs. NO MORE.
If you mean something else, then the above still stands from me.
I'm referring to the conversations I've been involved in within this thread, which ultimately resulted in someone trying to sell me intellectual snake oil. Totally messed up and it just flew right over people's heads. To be honest, I don't know how most of you have opinions one way or the other when it comes to drug discovery and/or side effects given that it was pretty much danced around from the beginning.

As far as your supplements go, which I'm not up to speed on, you may be able to make ressoned case if you want to (if there's anything to it).You seem to want to. What is it? Grape seed oil for allergies? Flax?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates