Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 05:36 AM

24,558 posts, read 18,244,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyCable View Post
Not that much people died after given a dose of vaccines. I read only about 3 people dying. So that is good to hear. They had other ailments to them when they got the vaccines. I think it is a safe thing. But the bad thing is, it has side effects. By end of June or July, the greater public will be in on it and allowed to be vaccinated. 2021 June or July
I think the point is that we have no sense for long term safety. It’s entirely possible that a vaccine could cause some dire disease years after receiving the jab. Unlikely but it could happen. I’m old enough where it’s obvious that the risk of dying of COVID-19 or having debilitating long haul symptoms is greater than my risk of some long term side effect from the vaccine. For under 50, it’s not as easy to assess it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2021, 08:54 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Except that it’s not. The virus mutates. It’s highly likely that your vaccine won’t protect you from upcoming mutations and we circle back to where we were in November waiting for the Big Pharma outfits to release a vaccine that then protects us. And with the same supply shortage and rationing debacle.

I figure I’ll be getting a booster with a tweaked vaccine every 6 to 12 months for the foreseeable future. There will be a window where I’m best served reverting to InstaCart and staying away from enclosed public spaces until the vaccine kicks in.
If you want to stop worrying about mutations, the smartest thing to do is to get as many people vaccinated as soon as possible. Reach herd immunity as Dr. Fauci says we should. Viruses that cannot replicate cannot mutate.

Old 02-27-2021, 03:27 PM

176 posts, read 95,710 times
I have never agreed to take a perscription that wasn't tested for years~!

I will not agree to take a very newly-released prescription that is a handout from the doctor's office.

A warp-speed vaccine, more than one in fact, exists now.

Yeah, you can safely assume what I think about this idea.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:50 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
My wife and I got the second (Pfizer) vaccine on Friday. Meanwhile, we will continue to wear our masks and keep the 6' distancing. I will continue to work from home at least until 7/1.
If your life style pre and post vaccine didn't change, you are effectively saying you don't believe it works. There is no other conclusion.

Old 03-03-2021, 07:03 PM

3,264 posts, read 1,743,884 times
Looking at the state website for covid info new infections are dropping like a rock. I just had my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine, I'm 65 ant the whole event was rather routine. Anti climatic actually. No after effects either. No sore arm, no dizziness, lightheadedness and I didn't die. Got scheduled for my second shot in two weeks too.

So much for all the chicken littles screaming how the sky was falling.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:57 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,630,721 times
I had my J & J vaccine at 2AM yesterday, stayed home from work, feel a little sluggish, so we shall see.
I like the idea of the one shot, and thats that.

Old 03-14-2021, 06:45 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
If two months ago somebody you said AstraZeneca is not proven to be safe, you'd be called domestic terrorist. How do we know what lays ahead with the other three?

Old 03-14-2021, 06:58 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,526,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
If two months ago somebody you said AstraZeneca is not proven to be safe, you'd be called domestic terrorist. How do we know what lays ahead with the other three?
Terrorism definition: The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

If you used unlawful violence and intimidation, then of course you would be labelled a terrorist. If you didn’t then you wouldn’t be so labelled.

Old 03-14-2021, 07:40 PM

724 posts, read 403,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
Looking at the state website for covid info new infections are dropping like a rock. I just had my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine, I'm 65 ant the whole event was rather routine. Anti climatic actually. No after effects either. No sore arm, no dizziness, lightheadedness and I didn't die. Got scheduled for my second shot in two weeks too.

So much for all the chicken littles screaming how the sky was falling.
I have had both shots of Pfizer and neither were bad. Only very mild side effects after both. I’ve talked to many people who had no side effects after either shots. It’s almost become fashionable to talk about the side effects and the most vocal people are the ones talking about it. Many people have had no side effects at all.

Old 03-14-2021, 08:34 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You don't. But the probability is that they will not harm you.

You might be killed in a car accident tomorrow. You might be struck by lightning when you walk outside your home. You might be the victim of a homicide. I could go on and on. All these things are possibilities, but they aren't likely. The same is true of a vaccine injury. BTW, the fact there are a few reports of blood clotting following AZ vaccinations, does not prove AZ caused that problem. Its just something that's being investigated. Many people suffer naturally from blood clotting disorders. My father did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates