Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 06:58 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,567,557 times

Advertisements

How's this for irony. Rockville, Md company Emergent Biosolutions (EB) has a contract with AstraZeneca to produce their vaccine which is not yet approved in the US, but is in the UK and other countries. So apparently EB has fired up production at their factory at 1111 South Paca St. Baltimore, just behind the M&T stadium, and is exporting away.

https://marginalrevolution.com/margi...baltimore.html

Today:
https://marginalrevolution.com/margi...ses-first.html

Should someone organise a mob to storm the gates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 08:51 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Heartbreaking Covid stories daily? You want to embellish a small percentage to sway viewers into thinking a certain way? What if I reported all of the heartbreaking stories of those that had a bad reaction to the vaccine? Its a small percentage but so is dying from Covid. Again, I just find it comical about those up in arms over the less than 1% of our population. chance of death or adverse effects from Covid but ignore the potential risks of the vaccine without thought. Just like masks apparently make everyone super hero's.

Your opinion is based off of what the media is telling you. Yes people are dying, but its less than 1% of our population. If I was concerned about those odds, I may start playing the lottery too. I have no issue with those that feel strongly about Covid because I know some people should be concerned but I just disagree with the "only my opinion matters and all others are wrong" mentality.

Once again though, I dont think rational decisions should be based off of emotion and ultimately feel that we are overpopulated so I am probably the wrong person to even have a conversation with.
"Less than 1% of our population" is a lot of people. On a per day basis currently about half the deaths in the US are due to COVID-19.

The potential risks of the vaccine - with maybe one death attributable to it so far - are miniscule compared to the risks of COVID-19.

Not every story claiming a "bad reaction to the vaccine" is truly a bad reaction to a vaccine.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:02 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,588,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Spoken by someone who either is not working in healthcare, or hasn’t known anyone to get critically ill or die from Covid

Count me in all above categories.

Saying you would choose the virus over a vaccine is pretty dumb

Might as well drive without seat belts and have air bags disconnected
There's risks with covid and risks with the vaccine it's all personal choice. I rather unintentionally get sick from covid from living my life and doing what humans normally do vs intentionally get sick from something purposely injected into my arm.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
"Less than 1% of our population" is a lot of people. On a per day basis currently about half the deaths in the US are due to COVID-19.

The potential risks of the vaccine - with maybe one death attributable to it so far - are miniscule compared to the risks of COVID-19.

Not every story claiming a "bad reaction to the vaccine" is truly a bad reaction to a vaccine.
About 7% of the USA population received the vaccine give it time the number of deaths will rise from the vaccine. Also too early yet to see if there's any long term side affects that will show up later down the line from the vaccine. Sorta like what i read about the virus can lay dormant in the brain for awhile and cause health problems down the line.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
There's risks with covid and risks with the vaccine it's all personal choice. I rather unintentionally get sick from covid from living my life and doing what humans normally do vs intentionally get sick from something purposely injected into my arm.
Most people have nothing worse from the vaccine than a sore arm. You would prefer COVID-19 over that?

Old 01-28-2021, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Most people have nothing worse from the vaccine than a sore arm. You would prefer COVID-19 over that?
3 people in my family got covid. My sister, her son and her boyfriend. My sister had extreme fatigue, loss of taste and smell, severe sore throat, headache and congestion. She was better in 5 days, my nephew hardly no symptoms back to normal quick, her boyfriend same thing he's fine.

Most people recover from covid.

Also I forgot to mention my sister has health issues and lung problems had a lung ablation and other surgery on her lung and has fast heart rate and takes medicine for that. She recovered from covid.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:15 PM

Quote:
3 people in my family got covid. My sister, her son and her boyfriend. My sister had extreme fatigue, loss of taste and smell, severe sore throat, headache and congestion. She was better in 5 days, my nephew hardly no symptoms back to normal quick, her boyfriend same thing he's fine.

Most people recover from covid.

Also I forgot to mention my sister has health issues and lung problems had a lung ablation and other surgery on her lung and has fast heart rate and takes medicine for that. She recovered from covid.
That is great for your family. Others have not been so lucky.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:30 PM

Quote:
That is great for your family. Others have not been so lucky.
But most have been lucky. What's the survival rate? .010% of the world population died from covid

Old 01-28-2021, 09:33 PM

Quote:
But most have been lucky. What's the survival rate?
You are ignoring the impact of large numbers. One percent of the American population is a huge number.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:41 PM

Quote:
You are ignoring the impact of large numbers. One percent of the American population is a huge number.
Sure 400,000 is a lot but relative to the total population it's not. More people died from heart disease in one year 600k+ in 2019
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates