Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 04:52 PM

549 posts, read 1,665,188 times

Advertisements

Asians are not desirable. Well, I think the only asian people that could be considered to be desirable are the Jews (Israel), and Lebanese, and that´s because they look more European...

Now, mixed Asians are a different story...many women think that Keanu Reeves is attractive (including my GF lol)... he is 50%chinese (father) and 50% british (mother).

Asians women are small, flat, and they can´t even wear sunglasses because of their tiny noise...

Years ago I worked for SunglassHut when I was a college student...and trust me when I say this... "You can´t sell Prada sunglasses to Asian people" they can´t physically wear those sunglasses... Lol.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:06 PM

871 posts, read 1,630,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
Asians are not desirable. Well, I think the only asian people that could be considered to be desirable are the Jews (Israel), and Lebanese, and that´s because they look more European...

Now, mixed Asians are a different story...many women think that Keanu Reeves is attractive (including my GF lol)... he is 50%chinese (father) and 50% british (mother).

Asians women are small, flat, and they can´t even wear sunglasses because of their tiny noise...

Years ago I worked for SunglassHut when I was a college student...and trust me when I say this... "You can´t sell Prada sunglasses to Asian people" they can´t physically wear those sunglasses... Lol.
Well, your pov is understandable for the majority but that doesn't mean there aren't people who find asians attractive. it doesn't mean they have to look euro either.

though keanu reeves is considered attractive, there are many asian male celebrities that are not mixed who look attractive too or more depending on personal opinion.

you do realize there is a difference in being perceived as desirable in general and "ugly" people, right? because technically there are lots of ugly people of all shapes and sizes in all races. for example, being small and flat doesn't necessarily make someone ugly but it probably won't make them desirable just as being voluptous and larger doesn't mean someone isn't ugly or is desirable but voluptuousness in general to some degree is usually a prerequisite for desirability. some people may find overt volutuousness undesirable.

Last edited by rory00; 10-28-2009 at 05:23 PM..

Old 10-29-2009, 02:42 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,549,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post

I'm pretty sure there are places in Japan or China that sell sunglasses or have people wearing sunglasses. On average their noses do jut out less, according to some show I saw on forensic science, but it's not like they have no nose at all. Besides what does wearing sunglasses have to do with anything?

Anyway I find many Asian women to be quite attractive. Linda Park, who played Hoshi in Star Trek Enterprise, I think was quite attractive. Sandra Oh not so much, but I think her appeal is just that she's a good actress and she can act "sexy" in the right role. Zhang Ziyi is incredibly hot if maybe a bit of an airhead. (Although I think her ditziness might be because she's been raised in the Chinese professional arts and athletics community so might be a tad "brainwashed")

Some of the most common things that judge attractiveness are clear skin and symmetrical faces. There are certainly Asian women who have that just as there are any other kind of woman. Some men are as much or more about legs and lips as breasts. And before I start sounding like a total pig I better stop

Old 10-29-2009, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I'm pretty sure there are places in Japan or China that sell sunglasses or have people wearing sunglasses. On average their noses do jut out less, according to some show I saw on forensic science, but it's not like they have no nose at all. Besides what does wearing sunglasses have to do with anything?

Anyway I find many Asian women to be quite attractive. Linda Park, who played Hoshi in Star Trek Enterprise, I think was quite attractive. Sandra Oh not so much, but I think her appeal is just that she's a good actress and she can act "sexy" in the right role. Zhang Ziyi is incredibly hot if maybe a bit of an airhead. (Although I think her ditziness might be because she's been raised in the Chinese professional arts and athletics community so might be a tad "brainwashed")

Some of the most common things that judge attractiveness are clear skin and symmetrical faces. There are certainly Asian women who have that just as there are any other kind of woman. Some men are as much or more about legs and lips as breasts. And before I start sounding like a total pig I better stop
i think his pov is part racist influenced and his opinion is common.

but what they forget or overlooks is asians are not the only people who can be unattractive. people tend to forgive or accept racial looks that are similar to them because it's comfortable.

also, depending on the person and their values can view asians as sexual objects but not attractive and vice versa too. usually those who have pedo tendencies or some racial vexation. but there are other examples.

for instance, i knew a very voluptuous mexican woman who attracted a lot of male interest. she was under five foot, very round, wiry hair and a rather unattractive face. she had large breasts and rear-end though. she looked like an archaic fertility statue. she was by no means attractive but she was attractive to a lot of men(not all) sexually. i have also regularly seen very unattractive and voluptuous black women and white women. thier body shape may not even be nice. their face may not be symmetrical or pretty as well or can be exaggerated just like any race. the fact is when people's values are racially based, in the case of euro values, that would be anyone that has round eyes and high nose bridge. i've witnessed very ugly people mock asians as "ugly" when they are hideous themselves or plain, usually citing the differences that make them racially different from them(which is typical and natural to some extent). this is how much someone or groups can be brainwashed to selectively look out for differences from the rest as "unattractive." though technically correct it's different, it's not necessarily anymore unattractive if viewed from a universal perspective rather than one of self-interest. some people simply do not have the mental capability to do so.

to be honest, a lot of common tastes are centered around rather base values or likes especially by most americans. size and roundness are important for them. they think this is something to be proud of yet it denotes a certain level of lack of sophistication or blindness to it. everything about their(majority) tastes has this theme or lack thereof from food, entertainment etc.

Last edited by rory00; 10-29-2009 at 05:52 AM..

Old 10-29-2009, 06:12 AM

Honestly, if you stop and think about it you will realize that these people are not anymore attractive than asians. You see people like this in varying degrees every day. I don't find any of thier faces particularly attractive and imo, i don't find large eyes and big nose all that attractive or necessarily bigger body. I don't think they are more attractive but some will but i think it has to do with size and racial characteristics centered around round eyes and/or nose. but in reality, when it comes to beauty, race is not what it's about, otherwise everyone by virtue of their racial features would be attractive. round people just do not look cool to me, so on the unattractive side to me. whereas asians have more people who have angular features. i don't base my ideas of attractiveness on down to earth pov like most do. of course their are ugly to average asians just like any race but i like that angular lean look of many asians and many have it and are attractive. i don't like the mass vague/round pudgy look you usually see. it looks unsophisticated to me and this is a view that most do not notice. what your perspective is and where you are coming from will determine what you find more or less attractive. period.

As a matter of fact, i've seen asians who look better than all of them imo.

Last edited by rory00; 10-29-2009 at 06:33 AM..

Old 10-29-2009, 07:43 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Actually yes... well it depends on what nationality Asian they are. However an Asian child knows that nothing would make their parents prouder or happier than if they were the valedictorian of their class. With other races, having the top grades seems not to be very important to their parents. In some families, they might prefer having their sons do well in sports or their daughters be on the cheerleading squad or become the prom queen.
Sounds like a slam against being popular amongst one's peers

I hope that you really are not stating that education/good grades are only important to Asian parents.

I think that most American parents, mine included, want children who are well-rounded, not bookish social outcasts. Being popular in high school or college does not mean that you don't pull good grades.

Who really wants a kid that can do math on the level of a PhD but can't hold eye contact or a conversation with their peers.

What's the point of being able to have the grades to go to Harvard Medical but lacking the people skills to interact with patients?

Old 10-29-2009, 07:49 PM

640 posts, read 1,731,799 times
I think the gist of this thread is a bit mean spirited. I'm Latina and if someone made a thread like this about Latinas, I wouldn't like it. Just saying.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:43 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,549,608 times
On something said above here are links to some pictures of Japanese women wearing sunglasses. (Seems stupid to prove this happens, but what the hey)

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI...9R-1086887.jpg

http://lostandsound.files.wordpress....n-yoko-ono.jpg

http://blog.japundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/asao.jpg (broken link)

(The first is some random girl at a clothing site. The other two are Yoko Ono and a beach volleyball player)

Old 10-29-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sounds like a slam against being popular amongst one's peers

I hope that you really are not stating that education/good grades are only important to Asian parents.

I think that most American parents, mine included, want children who are well-rounded, not bookish social outcasts. Being popular in high school or college does not mean that you don't pull good grades.

Who really wants a kid that can do math on the level of a PhD but can't hold eye contact or a conversation with their peers.

What's the point of being able to have the grades to go to Harvard Medical but lacking the people skills to interact with patients?
mui comes off a bit arrogant but you come like a bigot yourself. why would you even start this thread.

i mean, only those who have poor "people skills", values or sense would make a topic about another race specificially. it's rather tasteless like a white person who starts a topic about blacks etc.

your op is obviously a facetious one because i have not heard or read that asians are so desirable even on these forums or read a lot of threads about asians as you falsely claimed. it seems you made that up as a ruse to probably mock asians to some extent.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:04 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,284,977 times
I love racists. They so hate themselves and channel it through the hatred or dislike of otehr races, that they leave the playground to the rest of us. Sex appeal is universal, my friends. I have yet to travel to a state or country which did not have beautiful human specimens. But alas, countries and races can be so full of themselves to think that only their narrow definition of beauty matters.

Fashion is not a good indicator since it seek women 5'8" and above who are rail thin. Also many of these models without make-up would not get a second look from most. However, their body type, skin & hair, facial topography, and movement & position can lead to extraordinary fame.

This is one reason I like to look at American women. Their ethnic roots are from all over. So many types of beauties to behold. And quite frankly, there are many beautiful guys as well. If racists or the heavily biased are so disgusted or turned off by certain races, then by all means declare yourself and step the sidelines.

Here are a few ethnicities that are probably off the lists of the uninformed , although I know have extremely beautiful creatures

Persians
Syrians
Central Asians
Turks
Dutch

(I would name others but I do not know or have seen them personally)...and how about David Bowie's wife, Iman? She is Somali and incredible, esp at age 57!

...and as for Asians? Please spend a week each in Seoul, Taipei, Shanghai, and Tokyo. My buddy came home in a neck brace, his head turned so often...

And for the ladies, There are some pretty studly dudes from each of these countries, 6'2 185lb types.

That said, the differences among races apart from race, is often about how fat gets deposited. From evolution, some races were in places that required a certain kind of distribution of fat. Thank God evolution did not get it "right" in some singular sense. The more varied the pattern, the more varied the beauty,
S.

Last edited by Sandpointian; 10-30-2009 at 07:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates