Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 08:23 AM

731 posts, read 1,580,101 times

Advertisements

[quote=jtur88;13939923]If you offered illegal aliens a million dollars, how would you find them?

Where is the 20 million plus going to come from? That doesn't sound too cost effective. There is an estimated 10,000 illegal aliens crossing the border every day. Is that the handful you are talking about.
The Mexican government is happy with the number of its citizens that are working in the U.S. One of their governments goals is to get more illegals into our nation.

www. theamericanresistance.com/ref/illegal_alien_numbers.html

Read the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 08:53 AM

138 posts, read 173,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
If you offered illegal aliens a million dollars, how would you find them?

Most would come forward and accept a fair and honest offer, and the few who wouldn't would be a manageably small number that could be tolerated or dealt with.
Perhaps he meant how are you going to find them if they don't choose to apply for citizenship w/in 5 years. Your plan works for those who are honest and do what they are supposed to do but what of the rest? What about procrastinators who simply don't get around to applying or those who don't know how?

That said, these questions don't matter. You were challenged to come up with a plan that is an alternative to an unconstitutional law that potentially(likely?) discriminates against hispanics, citizens or otherwise. You have done so. If there were easy answers its just possible that the Dems and Reps could have agreed on something long ago and done something about the problem.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:06 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,003,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post
(((If you offered illegal aliens a million dollars, how would you find them? )))

Where is the 20 million plus going to come from? That doesn't sound too cost effective. There is an estimated 10,000 illegal aliens crossing the border every day. Is that the handful you are talking about.
The Mexican government is happy with the number of its citizens that are working in the U.S. One of their governments goals is to get more illegals into our nation.

www. theamericanresistance.com/ref/illegal_alien_numbers.html

Read the facts.

Do you know the meaning of the word "if"? It is not the same as "I think we should . . .".

Read the posts.

"One of their governments goals is to get more illegals into our nation."

Citatiion, please.

Last edited by jtur88; 04-28-2010 at 09:16 AM..

Old 04-28-2010, 09:21 AM

138 posts, read 173,212 times
jtur88,

Considering other discussions on illegal immigration we've had, are you surprised that I'm not supportive of this law? I hope not. This law would be ridiculous if it weren't true. I was even surprised to see that FOX News supported this. I thought perhaps they might have an ounce of integrity. Foolish me.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:37 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,003,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox22 View Post
Perhaps he meant how are you going to find them if they don't choose to apply for citizenship w/in 5 years. Your plan works for those who are honest and do what they are supposed to do but what of the rest? What about procrastinators who simply don't get around to applying or those who don't know how?
There will always be outliers. There are probably a million or so illegal aliens in the USA from non-Hispanic countries, and we can deal with that. People who overstay visas and just get lost in the crowd. If there are another million from Mexico, we can deal with that, too Twenty million is critically problematic, while two million would just be a nuisance. If we regularize that and control most of them with status, and get them out from underground, they would be no more of a problem than the waves of immigrants were a century ago.

In my view, as an American, there is plenty of room in my country for people who want to work and be responsible citizens. Let them. But don't arbitrarily turn them into criminals for their good intentions and then treat them as such.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Do you know the meaning of the word "if"? It is not the same as "I think we should . . .".

Read the posts.

"One of their governments goals is to get more illegals into our nation."

Citatiion, please.
I know the meaning of the word if. (conj) 1.a. In the event that : If I were to go, I would be late.

That is the context I took your if to mean. That sentence was part of your plan wasn't it, or did you put it by itself so you could change gears if needed?

I gave you the url in the post.

You are attacking the poster...not the post. tsk tsk

Old 04-28-2010, 02:00 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,054,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
This guy that got arrested at the weigh station

This guy DID NOT get arrested. When you post something that is not true it makes the rest of your post not worth reading.

busta

Old 04-28-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
So the US proves to the whole world that we are not rascist jerks by electing a black president. Jesse Jackson was black, but he was not the right candidate. We elected Obama because he seemed to be the right candidate, and we picked him proving to everyone that we want to be united and that we are not ignorant beings. Well with this new law, the whole world is looking at the US like it took 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. This might not be big news here in the states, but all other countries are snickering at the US right now for its foolishness. All eyes are on Arizona right now, and everyone is waiting to see how this will pan out .
Do you really believe Americans have just been waitin around for the right black man to vote in as President so we could prove we are not a racist nation? Im sorry,that is a cartoonish notion. He had followers who grandstanded for him, knowing he had little political experience. People were worried that Bush would start another active war so he could stay in office. Other countries are laughing because they send their citizens to the U.S. to learn how to fly planes and then bomb our buildings, to come to work in U.S. (while we are in an economic low and our own citizens are losing their jobs) and spread the drug trade while our federal government does nothing and our president bows to middle east royalty. yecch
And we are supposed to care Michelle Obama has an organic garden.

Anyway, back to the topic.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:25 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,435,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post

This guy DID NOT get arrested. When you post something that is not true it makes the rest of your post not worth reading.

busta
This is a forum, you are not forced to read my posts. So please don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post
Do you really believe Americans have just been waitin around for the right black man to vote in as President so we could prove we are not a racist nation? Im sorry,that is a cartoonish notion. He had followers who grandstanded for him, knowing he had little political experience. People were worried that Bush would start another active war so he could stay in office. Other countries are laughing because they send their citizens to the U.S. to learn how to fly planes and then bomb our buildings, to come to work in U.S. (while we are in an economic low and our own citizens are losing their jobs) and spread the drug trade while our federal government does nothing and our president bows to middle east royalty. yecch
And we are supposed to care Michelle Obama has an organic garden.

Anyway, back to the topic.
You want to start a political discussion, but I'm not buying it. I stand by my post.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:03 PM

temtation001
I apologize, I shouldn't have vented on you. I promise I do not in any way want to start a political discussion and we all have our opinions and they are all equal in importance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates