Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 04:00 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post

I gave you the url in the post.
Your url is an opinion piece that barely rises above the level of a blog, and it makes exactly the same statement you made, without attribution. It footnotes the remark (note 30) to a source that makes exactly the same statement without attributing it. Circular citations---two people making the same comment (word for word!), and citing each as the authority. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Last edited by jtur88; 04-28-2010 at 04:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post

This guy DID NOT get arrested. When you post something that is not true it makes the rest of your post not worth reading.

busta
If you are ever detained and lead away in handcuffs to a detention facility to await processing, I hope the distinction between that and "arrested" gives you comfort.

When that distinction constitutes your entire objection to the validity of a post, the rest of your post, by its absence, sort of endorses the one you seem to object to.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:59 PM

731 posts, read 1,579,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Your url is an opinion piece that barely rises above the level of a blog, and it makes exactly the same statement you made, without attribution. It footnotes the remark (note 30) to a source that makes exactly the same statement without attributing it. Circular citations---two people making the same comment (word for word!), and citing each as the authority. Thank you. Have a nice day.
It's all opinion, dearie I'm not going to sweat the semantics

semantics (noun) Linguistics the study or science of meaning of language.
I have to give it to you though, you are a MASTER deBATER, and I really enjoy your posts.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
It's all opinion, dearie I'm not going to sweat the semantics

semantics (noun) Linguistics the study or science of meaning of language.
I have to give it to you though, you are a MASTER deBATER, and I really enjoy your posts.
Let me explain something very simple to you, Dearie..

You are in the wrong place. This is a debate forum. Nobody gives a crap what flavor ice cream you like, or any other opinion you may have. When you make a statement here, be prepared to back it up. If it is not a statement of verifiable fact, you will be either challenged or ignored. I've paid you the compliment of challenging you. You know what is next.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:13 AM

I don't care what you think or what flavor of ice cream you like either. I am not impressed with your bullying and blowing everything out of proportion. If you own this website, then kick me off. Your problem is that you don't challlenge anyone you just lose your confidence and then make acusations of their incompetence.

What a loser you are. You act like a child.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
I don't care what you think or what flavor of ice cream you like either. I am not impressed with your bullying and blowing everything out of proportion. If you own this website, then kick me off. Your problem is that you don't challlenge anyone you just lose your confidence and then make acusations of their incompetence.

What a loser you are. You act like a child.
That was a really thoughtful contribution to the debate. Mature, too.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:02 PM

jtur88

I said nothing worse than you said, or have said ever since I came to this website. You are probably ignoring me now, and it won't hurt my feelings one bit. You can't seem to lighten up at all.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
You can't seem to lighten up at all.
There are about 100 forums and subforums here for people to lighten up in, and one for serious discussion.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:37 AM

You back me in a corner and I will get out, one way or another. I haven't digressed to cursing yet. This debate has gone its full circle, more than once I have read your arguments that attack posters not the post. For example:

You don't respect and don't honor and don't even want your right as an American to move about free of suspicion and harassment by authorities, but you still expect me to give my life to defend that right? Do you have any idea how many good men have died for a right that you are now ready to just flick out the window?

Ask your born-in-the-USA friends who don't look like Europeans how they feel about this law. Oh, wait. I bet you don't HAVE any friends who don't look like Europeans.

I don't consider this tactic serious discussion either.
We can agree to disagree and carry on or you can do whatever you feel you need to do and I will to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates