Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2016, 08:54 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,961,753 times

Advertisements

2017 list of developments and updates.

Arch Capital Group (ACGL)Nasdaq, confirms that it's moving it's world headquarters to downtown greensboro. Looking to expand footprint, as the largest firm in the world. Merging with United Guaranty.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/new...reensboro.html

Project 561 may finally be able to get off the ground, thanks to the arch corporation.

Triads first ALOFT to open in downtown Greensboro:

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/new...oft-hotel.html

Western to open hotel tower downtown, on plot of land originally planned for Wyndham hotel tower:

Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Begin the second phase of union square.

http://www.unionsquarecampus.org

Railyard park.

Park envisioned at ugly rail yard - General Assignment - News-Record.com

News on developments keep pouring in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 12:30 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,229,334 times
Looks like the Westin Greensboro is going to include luxury apartments. This may be a taller project than originally planned.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...uzZY8tazX_bQ4w

Old 12-31-2016, 10:09 PM

Happy New Year every one. 2017 is the beginning of a major downtown construction boom. The next 3 years are going to get interesting.

Old 01-01-2017, 02:44 PM

19 posts, read 26,675 times
What are some good neighborhoods in Greensboro to buy in?

Old 01-01-2017, 03:16 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,535,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mone21 View Post
What are some good neighborhoods in Greensboro to buy in?
You'd be better off to start your own thread since your question has nothing to do with this thread topic of "downtown developments." Also, there are already a lot of threads with recommendations of neighborhoods. If you haven't already, do a search of this sub-forum.

Old 01-01-2017, 05:27 PM

Here is a map of the ballpark district showing current, under development and planned projects. I like the fact that its a combination of large scale mixed use projects and establishments organically opening up on the street grid as oppose to everything being in one single development. It has more of an urban neighborhood feel and is a combination of new and old. However the city does need to improve the streetscaping in this district. Bury the power lines and decorative street and traffic lights.

another site near the ballpark for sale

Greenway at Stadium Park

Greenway at Fisher Park Apartments

Deep Roots Market Grocery Store

Joymongers Brewery

Crafted and Preyer Brewery

Undercurrent upscale seafood

Smith Street Diner

Acropolis Restaurant

Last edited by gsoboi78; 01-01-2017 at 06:56 PM..

Old 01-01-2017, 07:55 PM

I'm really excited about the Aloft going up next to the ballpark. It's a very unique hotel that has trendy, modern and colorful decor. Alofts also typically have art thoughout their hotels that reflect the local city culture. It's the kind of hotel young professionals are staying in these days. Here is what we can expect to see in Greensboro. We will see if the Triad's first Aloft will be a part of the project 561 tower. But you can bet it will have patio lounge areas and a pool on upper floors overlooking the ballpark like in the Carroll at Bellemeade development.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 01-01-2017 at 08:07 PM..

Old 01-02-2017, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,739 times
I'm new to the forum, but I am a native of Greensboro - I left the city in the middle 90's. My travels took me to Los Angeles, San Diego and Atlanta before my return. I must say, WOW! Things have changed quite a bit since my departure. Greensboro and the entire Triad region is much underrated! Personally, I can't think of too many other areas in the country that capture/incorporate "Big City" amenities and "small town" acceptabilities like the Triad. This area really is a sleeping giant! Go .... Winston, Greensboro, and High Point!

Old 01-03-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd71 View Post
I'm new to the forum, but I am a native of Greensboro - I left the city in the middle 90's. My travels took me to Los Angeles, San Diego and Atlanta before my return. I must say, WOW! Things have changed quite a bit since my departure. Greensboro and the entire Triad region is much underrated! Personally, I can't think of too many other areas in the country that capture/incorporate "Big City" amenities and "small town" acceptabilities like the Triad. This area really is a sleeping giant! Go .... Winston, Greensboro, and High Point!
Welcome to the forum and Back to Greensboro. Alot is happing downtown, things that would have never happened 20 years ago. The Business Journal just reported about the Westin today

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...Hzy28qsoNFoXIg

Old 01-03-2017, 05:13 PM

239 posts, read 306,184 times
It's interesting that there's only one westin in nc, and there are few Westins under 200 rooms hopefully Greensboro's will be over 200 rooms also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point