Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:22 PM

192 posts, read 608,258 times

Advertisements

What I love about Greenville:

I love the seasons.
I love that it can snow on Tuesday, but you can be golfing by Saturday.
I love that a 300k house here costs over a million dollars in the city i moved from.
I love that a round of drinks costs less than $50.
I love that people wave at you even if they don't know your name.
I love that you can send your kid to public school and not have to worry.
I love that the first question asked when you meet someone isn't "what do you do"
I love that before people come visit they say "why did you move to Greenville" and when they leave they say "what an amazing place"
I love that I can see the stars at night
I love that people go to church...even though I'm a huge liberal and not a churchgoer myself
I love how close the mountains are
I love how close the beaches are
I love that I can find a redneck hick bar and a four star restaurant within ten minutes of one one another
I love that I forgot my wallet at a place here once and they told me not to worry about it
I love that people hold the door for you and say thank you when you hold it for them
I love that we're Yankees and people don't give us any **** for it...well they give us some ****...but thats ok.
I love that every single day my wife and I look at each other and say "wow...that would have never happened back where we're from"

Ok...you're turn. Go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 06:19 AM

506 posts, read 1,224,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin View Post

I love the seasons.
I love that a 300k house here costs over a million dollars in the city i moved from.
I love that the first question asked when you meet someone isn't "what do you do"
I love that before people come visit they say "why did you move to Greenville" and when they leave they say "what an amazing place"
I love that people go to church...even though I'm a huge liberal and not a churchgoer myself
I love that I can find a redneck hick bar and a four star restaurant within ten minutes of one one another
I love that I forgot my wallet at a place here once and they told me not to worry about it
I love that people hold the door for you and say thank you when you hold it for them
I love that we're Yankees and people don't give us any **** for it...well they give us some ****...but thats ok.
I love that every single day my wife and I look at each other and say "wow...that would have never happened back where we're from"

Ok...you're turn. Go!
Pretty much everything you said (except maybe the beach, since we came here most recently from Orlando ) - the only thing I would add:

I love that I can (in my field anyway) get paid as much as someone in a much larger city, with living expenses much lower, thereby making my income to debt ratio much higher.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:20 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,565,959 times
I love that you can live in a city/metro of this size and still have solid shopping, great dining and events like Food for Thought, Euphoria and Artisphere.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:07 AM

306 posts, read 690,749 times
Ditto to everything except the "I'm a huge liberal" part. My husband and I like to say “You can’t get THAT in NY” and laugh because we are happy to be here. I like the saying “I was not born here, but I got here as soon as I could”
I would add the following;
I love that there is SO much to do here and you can afford to do it.
I love that Woodruff Rd. traffic reminds me of what I don’t miss about the entire state of NY.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:12 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,142,285 times
I love it when people move here (been here all my life) and appreciate what we have. Thank you for the post.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:19 AM

11,712 posts, read 24,843,324 times
Good post Cabin. I will never understand why people are negative about the area they live in. It accomplishes nothing. How does it help make the area grow and prosper?

Old 02-25-2011, 09:49 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,851,802 times
I love that when there is a snow day here just about EVERYONE gets a snow day
I love Falls Park, The Swamp Rabbit Trail, The Peace center, The Warehouse theatre, The Drive Stadium, Paris Mtn., the new hockey team(go road warriors!), ok I guess you get the point, I love having stuff to do!
I love eating...yes eating:
I love Mojos burgers and Barleys beers+pizza,
I love Brown Streets steaks+drinks and Sassafras's southern cuisine.
I love City taverns/Tassies(sp?) drunken slushies and coffee+desserts from underground.
I love Blue ridge brewing for sunday brunch and Carolina ale house's tv setup(yeah sports!)
I could go on and on, but thats a good start

Old 02-25-2011, 10:14 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,565,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
I love it when people move here (been here all my life) and appreciate what we have. Thank you for the post.
Why didn't *I* think of saying that??

Old 02-25-2011, 10:54 AM

58 posts, read 96,349 times
I love that everyday, since moving here last June, at least one person in my family, if not everyone, will say "I love it here!"

I love that I/we have yet to find even one thing that I/we don't like/love about living here!

Old 02-25-2011, 11:59 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,785,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin View Post

I love the seasons.

Ok...you're turn. Go!
Beautifully Spoken ! I could have literally wrote your post

One more very important thing : I LOVE how courteous most ( 98.9% ) of drivers are !

They hardly EVER honk ( not polite, love the Southerners.. ) They let you out on insanely busy Woodruff Road and other heavy traveled roads... I love how they wave to let you pull out onto the street .

Where I came from**** forget it ! You are going to sit there 25 minutes until someone is nice enough to let you out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area