Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 07:37 AM

140 posts, read 271,936 times

Advertisements

We moved here two years ago and LOVE the Greenville area for MANY of the same reasons posted already. One I do not think was mentioned is that the area seems so much more dog friendly than where we came from. I take my Shih-tzu with me to places that he would never be allowed in my home state and there are dog parks here. It's also nice to go to Reedy Falls and know that he is going to have the chance to socialize with a lot of other dogs while we get to enjoy a beautiful place. Also, I absolutely love the time of year we are entering because of all the beautiful flowering trees, Azaelas and such. Spring is so much more colorful (and earlier-yay!) here than in Indiana. This is a great place to live if you like to be outdoors. My friends in Indiana probably get tired of hearing me go on about what a wonderful place this is to live in, but it's true and I'm always trying to get them to find out for themselves. Now if I could just get my dad to move down when he retires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 10:21 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,548,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millers1987 View Post
Now if I could just get my dad to move down when he retires.
This whole area, from Greenville proper to various developments in the mountains, to the Seneca & Clemson areas, is drawing more & more retirees.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:03 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,864,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millers1987 View Post
We moved here two years ago and LOVE the Greenville area for MANY of the same reasons posted already. One I do not think was mentioned is that the area seems so much more dog friendly than where we came from. I take my Shih-tzu with me to places that he would never be allowed in my home state and there are dog parks here. It's also nice to go to Reedy Falls and know that he is going to have the chance to socialize with a lot of other dogs while we get to enjoy a beautiful place. Also, I absolutely love the time of year we are entering because of all the beautiful flowering trees, Azaelas and such. Spring is so much more colorful (and earlier-yay!) here than in Indiana. This is a great place to live if you like to be outdoors. My friends in Indiana probably get tired of hearing me go on about what a wonderful place this is to live in, but it's true and I'm always trying to get them to find out for themselves. Now if I could just get my dad to move down when he retires.
Very nice note!
As for dog friendly, I've noticed that myself and that is yet another reason I love Greenville.
Here is a photo I snapped not long after moving here, while having lunch downtown, that shows the local love for dogs.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-01-2011, 06:28 PM

182 posts, read 492,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Very nice note!
As for dog friendly, I've noticed that myself and that is yet another reason I love Greenville.
Here is a photo I snapped not long after moving here, while having lunch downtown, that shows the local love for dogs.

[IMG][/IMG]
Another great post...I left the dog friendly aspect off of my list! Dog friendly is so important to me when choosing a place to live. Cleveland Park has a wonderful dog park and hiking Caesar's Head with your dog is the best. I used to take my little baby to lunch all the time at Bistro Europa...another plus for Greenville!

Old 03-02-2011, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Sunshine View Post
Another great post...I left the dog friendly aspect off of my list! Dog friendly is so important to me when choosing a place to live. Cleveland Park has a wonderful dog park and hiking Caesar's Head with your dog is the best. I used to take my little baby to lunch all the time at Bistro Europa...another plus for Greenville!
I like the fact that aside from dining with your dog tableside on the sidewalk, almost every store / business has silver dog bowls with water as you stroll.
Another strong dog point.....The Westin Poinsett is dog friendly (as are all Starwood properties).

Old 03-02-2011, 08:43 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Quote:
Very nice note!

[IMG][/IMG]
That puppy is so cute !

Old 03-02-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
That puppy is so cute !
I thought so too! And that brings up another love I have for Greenville. It is a very photogenic place. Lots of scenes you'll stumble across daily, like the doggie at the table. Greenville is a great place for those that like to play with photography.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
I thought so too! And that brings up another love I have for Greenville. It is a very photogenic place. Lots of scenes you'll stumble across daily, like the doggie at the table. Greenville is a great place for those that like to play with photography.
Check out this blog/website: Greenville Daily Photo – living downtown

Old 03-02-2011, 06:04 PM

49 posts, read 81,874 times
I absolutely agree, but want to comment on the Westin's dog-friendliness. We saw on their website that they were, but when we called to book, they told us our sheltie was not welcome...We were there this past weekend and the Hilton off of Haywood, however, was more than accommodating for our furry friend. I definitely wish the Westin would have been!

Old 03-02-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowasmolasses View Post
I absolutely agree, but want to comment on the Westin's dog-friendliness. We saw on their website that they were, but when we called to book, they told us our sheltie was not welcome...We were there this past weekend and the Hilton off of Haywood, however, was more than accommodating for our furry friend. I definitely wish the Westin would have been!
NOT cool, esp considering that Westin makes a pretty big deal about being do-friendly. Glad you found a safe haven at the Hilton! We stay there occasionally the night before a big trip and love that hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area