Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 07:44 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,074,863 times

Advertisements

I thought this was a very nice post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 09:07 AM

212 posts, read 423,377 times
I like that I can find about anything that I am in the mood to eat right in downtown Greenville.
I like that I work about 4 blocks from Main St., and can stay out after work.
I like that there are many things to do. (minor league sports, college sports, outdoor rec., art, fine arts, festivals, and much more)
I like that I can take my family out in downtown late in the evening, as well as during the day.
There's more, but I am at work, so the list is short for now.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:11 AM

8 posts, read 35,476 times
Default Great perspectives

I just found this thread on the 3rd week or our month long exploration of Greenville, and I'm so happy that I did. We are actively looking for a new place to live. After spending a month in Charlottesville, VA early this Summer - and deciding that it was _not_ the town for us we were pretty disappointed, and didn't believe we would ever find a new location that we would love. Then a few (actually more than a few) friends recommended we look at Greenville. We decided to spend the month of October here in our camper. We are in our final week, and are already planning our return visit for next Spring.

After the first week being here and scouting around, my wife and I were talking about our likes/dislikes regarding the town. We both said exactly what one of the posters here said... "I can't think of anything that I don't like about the area."

The seemingly endless list of "I love ... about Greenville" echoes so many of our feelings, and we don't actually feel as if we know the place well yet. But this thread absolutely confirms our observations and feelings. So thanks to all who have added to this.

At this point I'm ready to sell our existing home and live in our camper till we find a suitable location and house here. My wife is a bit more hesitant, but I think it's just a matter of time till we are both ready. Of course the biggest issue is selling our home in a depressed market, made doubly difficult by being located in a depressed town. But the right things will happen in the right time.

We are looking forward to returning in the Spring, and to eventually joining those who so happily call Greenville their home. Thanks again for all the confirmations.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:52 PM

11 posts, read 14,671 times
Can't wait to come there just because of everything you wrote above but one thing bothers me. on another thread about spiders. I hate spiders. Are there less of them living in an apartment. how do you live with so many dangerous spiders like black widows. Also we have a cat and dog. How do we keep them safe from these spiders. Also they said there is alot of fleas there. Is this true? Please let me know what to expect when we come and what to watch out for. Thanks

Old 11-07-2011, 06:20 AM

1,144 posts, read 2,874,964 times
Hi Schopper9...... Yes, we do have spiders here and I am very particular about my pets (children!). In my years here, and especially on the farm, I have seen a fair number of black widows but I've had no issue with them coming inside or biting my babies. We try to do everything organically and do not use bug spray but so far they stay outside and away from humans and pets. I hope it stays that way! Come on down......

Old 11-07-2011, 06:28 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,548,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schopper9 View Post
Can't wait to come there just because of everything you wrote above but one thing bothers me. on another thread about spiders. I hate spiders. Are there less of them living in an apartment. how do you live with so many dangerous spiders like black widows. Also we have a cat and dog. How do we keep them safe from these spiders. Also they said there is alot of fleas there. Is this true? Please let me know what to expect when we come and what to watch out for. Thanks
We've had both dogs and cats the entire time we've been in this area. We've only seen 1 black widow in all the 10 years we've been in our house, and it was on/under our gas grill on the patio. Easy to dispatch.

We see the occasional spider inside sometimes (generic grayish ones), but the animals love to torment them - they're no threat, just a nuisance.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:55 PM

49 posts, read 272,415 times
I love when outsiders come to south carolina and take our jobs.

I love it when outsiders move here and raise our crime rates.

I love it when outsiders move here and you cant walk across the road without them about running you over.

I love it when outsiders move here and make the cost of living go up. (THOSE $300k houses here used to be half or less).

I love it when outsiders move here (to the south) and make fun of the way we talk.

I love it when outsiders move here and cause more pollution.

I love it when outsiders move here and make alot more traffic problems (WOODRUFF RD. !!)

I love it when outsiders move here and tons of subdivisons are built. (WE DONT NEED TREES Just like Florida and NY)

I love it when outsiders move here and fly THEIR Virginia Tech, Alabama, Florida State, Miami Flags (Nothings finer than to be in Carolina with all those OTHER TEAM FLAGS on a Nice Saturday Afternoon)

ANYONE ELSE FEEL THIS WAY...? WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT OUTSIDERS?

Old 11-07-2011, 01:01 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,548,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveSouthCarolina View Post

I love it when outsiders move here and you cant walk across the road without them about running you over.

I love it when outsiders move here and make the cost of living go up. (THOSE $300k houses here used to be half or less).

I love it when outsiders move here (to the south) and make fun of the way we talk.

I love it when outsiders move here and make alot more traffic problems (WOODRUFF RD. !!)

I love it when outsiders move here and tons of subdivisons are built. (WE DONT NEED TREES Just like Florida and NY)

I love it when outsiders move here and fly THEIR Virginia Tech, Alabama, Florida State, Miami Flags (Nothings finer than to be in Carolina with all those OTHER TEAM FLAGS on a Nice Saturday Afternoon)

I love the economic growth they bring!

Old 11-07-2011, 01:12 PM

49 posts, read 272,415 times
Me too UNTIL they double the cost of living and the pay only goes up a FEW BUCKS an HOUR OR LESS!
Its only economic growth for certain people and most of the jobs here go to people from other states!

Old 11-07-2011, 01:26 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,864,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveSouthCarolina View Post

As an outsider myself, I love it here! I love when other outsiders join me here and help contribute to the rich fabric of the community, the arts, fresh ideas, etc, etc. Three cheers for outsiders!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area