Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 01:31 PM

49 posts, read 272,415 times

Advertisements

These "outsiders" remind me of the movie Independence Day. They are just like the Aliens in that movie. They go from place to place taking what they can before moving on to the next location. You know start up North Move down to Florida and a few other places and then whats left over?? SOUTH CAROLINA! When they are finished HERE we will be just like FLORIDA! High Price Houses, Crime and No Jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 01:32 PM

1,998 posts, read 4,610,403 times
Hey, my wife and I are Alabama alumni - that hurts - I wish there were more us here

Old 11-07-2011, 01:36 PM

ME TOO! Then maybe we can get rid of Clemson and USC and rename the state NORTH ALABAMA!

Old 11-07-2011, 01:39 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,864,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveSouthCarolina View Post
These "outsiders" remind me of the movie Independence Day. They are just like the Aliens in that movie. They go from place to place taking what they can before moving on to the next location. You know start up North Move down to Florida and a few other places and then whats left over?? SOUTH CAROLINA! When they are finished HERE we will be just like FLORIDA! High Price Houses, Crime and No Jobs.
Hey....don't paint with such a broad and negative brush.

My partner and I don't plan to leave here. As outsiders we found a place we love!!!! We contribute a great deal in tax dollars, we work with some local charities, I do a major part in keeping GSP Airport busy, I take clients out for dinner here so I'm good for the local economy, etc, etc.

Luckily, 99% of locals I've met here are open minded, positive people and welcome outsider's contributions.

Sorry to say, but your opinions actually sound more like an "outsider"....they certainly don't represent the opinions of the great Greenville locals I know and have come to love.

PS: ROLL TIDE!

Old 11-07-2011, 01:41 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,548,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
Hey, my wife and I are Alabama alumni - that hurts - I wish there were more us here
Do Bama FANS count?? (one here)

Old 11-07-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Hey....don't paint with such a broad and negative brush.

My partner and I don't plan to leave here. As outsiders we found a place we love!!!! We contribute a great deal in tax dollars, we work with some local charities, I do a major part in keeping GSP Airport busy, I take clients out for dinner here so I'm good for the local economy, etc, etc.

Luckily, 99% of locals I've met here are open minded, positive people and welcome outsider's contributions.

Sorry to say, but your opinions actually sound more like an "outsider"....they certainly don't represent the opinions of the great Greenville locals I know and have come to love.

PS: ROLL TIDE!
You are so RIGHT! Why not ask some Florida Natives (Natives that were there before the Invasion) HOW THEY FEEL?

Old 11-07-2011, 02:03 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,326,381 times
If you don't like growth, you are in the wrong place. The beauty of it all is, if a place is growing too much for you; you have a right to relocate. Just like these folks did.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
If you don't like growth, you are in the wrong place. The beauty of it all is, if a place is growing too much for you; you have a right to relocate. Just like these folks did.
Just as I said, certain ones will benefit from the "growth". REAL ESTATE AGENTS like you are one of them.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:27 PM

144 posts, read 296,139 times
Someone woke up on the wrong side rationality this morning!

As a Greenville and South Carolina native I am curious as to what exactly you are trying to SAVE?

I remember Greenville in the 80's as somewhat of an armpit of random suburban growth laying atop the leavings of a textile past that was already on life support.

Then you have Charleston, other coastal cities and Columbia which have experienced some growth, outside of that I would say you could drive about forty miles in any direction and find South Carolina just as it was fifty years ago and as it will be fifty years from now.

Comparing this kind of growth to what Florida experienced for decade after decade is not comparable in any way. Outside of Orlando, and Tampa Florida was a magnet for retires who brought nothing to the economy but their savings and migrant workers and cuban's who brought a lot different baggage.

Yes it is true that a lot of new jobs will go to those who have a higher education which means a lot of people that were not from around here, if you are not happy about that then you can blame the South Carolina you want to save.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:56 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,383,609 times
I'm willing to bet SSC participated in the small group of people who stood across from the BI-LO Center and protested its opening in 1998.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area