Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:31 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,843,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Beautifully Spoken ! I could have literally wrote your post

One more very important thing : I LOVE how courteous most ( 98.9% ) of drivers are !

They hardly EVER honk ( not polite, love the Southerners.. ) They let you out on insanely busy Woodruff Road and other heavy traveled roads... I love how they wave to let you pull out onto the street .

Where I came from**** forget it ! You are going to sit there 25 minutes until someone is nice enough to let you out...
Ha! to be honest thats what I hate about living around here. driving is way different, everyone assumes you will let them in, you can't leave a car length between you and the car in front of you or you lose it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 03:19 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,548,431 times
Quote:
One more very important thing : I LOVE how courteous most ( 98.9% ) of drivers are !

They let you out on insanely busy Woodruff Road and other heavy traveled roads... I love how they wave to let you pull out onto the street .
That can be a blessing and a curse... I've seen several near-misses when someone stops one lane of 2 or 3 going one direction to let someone turn left across traffic etc. That could get REAL ugly, real fast.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:40 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
Ha! to be honest thats what I hate about living around here. driving is way different, everyone assumes you will let them in, you can't leave a car length between you and the car in front of you or you lose it!
I think its pretty even. When you are stopped at a light and someone is trying to get out and you leave a little room for them to do so, I find THAT alot here and I would rather have the politeness than the rudeness

But then, that's just me !

Old 02-26-2011, 05:14 PM

4 posts, read 13,554 times
I love the sound of Greenville South Carolina...Music to my ears...

Old 02-26-2011, 09:00 PM

807 posts, read 1,785,261 times
Default you love it here

I love this post. Sure makes a Southerner feel good to hear all of these good things. I have lived here all of my life as well but I will still say--I love sweet tea. LOL.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:07 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,548,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Grissinger View Post
I love sweet tea. LOL.
As a Wise Woman in a movie once said, "It's the house wine of the South!"

Old 02-27-2011, 06:39 AM

154 posts, read 624,491 times
I love that people here honestly feel this sentiment: 'I work to live, not live to work'...coming from Maryland it is such a refreshing change!

I love how there are so many lifestyle options for buying a home:
Rural - lots of privacy + great chance of having amazing views of the mtns.
Downtown Greenville: no further explanation necessary!
Suburbia (Woodruff Rd/Simpsonville area) not for me, though...too much like Md
Best part is that no matter what option you choose chances are you're still within 15-20 minutes of anything!

Now if I could just decide where I want to buy! Everytime I think I've made my mind up I discover something new that blows me away and I'm back to square one.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:52 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Grissinger View Post
I love this post. Sure makes a Southerner feel good to hear all of these good things. I have lived here all of my life as well but I will still say--I love sweet tea. LOL.
Yummmmmy Sweet Tea !

Old 02-27-2011, 02:49 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,843,540 times
Quote:
I think its pretty even. When you are stopped at a light and someone is trying to get out and you leave a little room for them to do so, I find THAT alot here and I would rather have the politeness than the rudeness

But then, that's just me !
I don't see how it is about being rude. It's polite to wait until traffic has cleared to pull out, and not pull out when someone is driving toward you at 50mph. Its polite to wait until someone waves you on to pull out like that at a stop light. People don't wave, they don't even look at me and they cut me off, all the time. Especially on woodruff rd.
People pull out in front of me everyday at the stop light by the old walmart(123 and S pendleton). They must think they have the right of way because of the big white x in the middle of the road,but in fact the intersection is supposed to be clear so that people can pull INTO the parking lot, not out. they act like I have a stop sign. it is aggravating and I have almost been in more than one accident there.

and don't get me started on merging, I never realized the turn signal was optional until I moved to South Carolina.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:51 PM

182 posts, read 492,693 times
I love the sound of leaves blowing across the street when I run down McDaniel Avenue in the fall...and the smell of dirt when it rains in the spring...the beautiful lawns and the pride people take in their homes...no matter how big or small, the houses are lovely there and AFFORDABLE!

I love a picnic in Cleveland Park and Falls Park on a Spring day, the beautiful flowers that bloom year round, hiking Paris Mountain and Caesar's Head, paddleboarding on Lake Jocasse, and Lake Keowee sunsets, cycling on a Sunday morning through downtown...coffee from Spill the Beans, dinner at Trattoria Georgia in the courtyard, Tako Sushi's Volcano Roll and Shelby's (the owner) awesome IPod beats, Smoke on the Water and Perry Major's music, running into Edwin McCain and George Hincappie at random unexpected places, Sunday nights at Chicora Alley, dinner at Rick Erwin's and Nantucket, Augusta Road even during rush hour...and of course sweet tea and a chili cheeseburger/half and half from Como's! and I love the beautiful people who live there! I miss living in Greenville so much...thanks for the great post! Greenville is simply the BEST place I've ever lived...

Last edited by Southern Sunshine; 02-27-2011 at 07:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area