Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2019, 08:13 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
JitB, or E-Coli in a box if you prefer.. made a big push into Greenville and some other Southeast areas in 2001 opening a number of stores. By 2010, they closed many that they had opened.

They really kinda oversaturated the market. All the stores here were company owned, not franchise stores (Not sure JitB does franchises, but..)

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/39340655/

the final straw for me was when I went there for breakfast one time. I wasn't a huge fan of them, but then I got a biscuit from there one day.. And that was the last time I went there. If you're opening in the south and you don't have good biscuits.. Either don't do breakfast or don't open in the south.
Some of the breakfast sandwiches and breakfast burritos at Jack in the Box are good, but the breakfast biscuits are premade frozen. So I would suggest one of their breakfast croissants instead. If you want a homemade breakfast biscuit, then I would suggest Bojangle's or Hardee's instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2019, 04:43 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Yeah I think its just about over saturation of places and location. Terrible locations will sink a business faster than anything. That Easley location was dead every time I went into it, I honestly never knew how they stayed open as long as they did.
I wonder if they would have changed their name, if that would have helped? When I first saw a Golden Chick, I was sure it was a Chinese restaurant. (Kind of like Golden Wok). Is it possible people did not stop because they did not like (or thought) it was a Chinese restaurant? (I happen to love Asian food) like if they would changed the name to Fried Chicken Junction or something similar.....just a thought...

Old 11-21-2019, 11:29 AM

127 posts, read 100,613 times
As far as I know, only two former Jack in the Boxes here in Greenville were ever successfully re-tenanted and stayed that way. Those were Pelham and Haywood. I know the Simpsonville and Woodruff Rd locations were briefly re-tenanted by Taco Loko, and Metro Burger/Twisted Kitchen, respectively. But those didn't last. The former JitB/Taco Loko is still abandoned, and the Woodruff Rd. Metro Burger/Twisted Kitchen was leveled for Freddy's, which got leveled for Panda Express.

The former Laurens Rd location was leveled during the same mass demolition phase that took out the former Best Buy & Sam's Club.

Are there any others I'm forgetting?

Old 11-21-2019, 11:40 AM

446 posts, read 415,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberclaw View Post
As far as I know, only two former Jack in the Boxes here in Greenville were ever successfully re-tenanted and stayed that way. Those were Pelham and Haywood. I know the Simpsonville and Woodruff Rd locations were briefly re-tenanted by Taco Loko, and Metro Burger/Twisted Kitchen, respectively. But those didn't last. The former JitB/Taco Loko is still abandoned, and the Woodruff Rd. Metro Burger/Twisted Kitchen was leveled for Freddy's, which got leveled for Panda Express.

The former Laurens Rd location was leveled during the same mass demolition phase that took out the former Best Buy & Sam's Club.

The one on Woodruff Road in Five Forks. And it's still there.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:52 PM

428 posts, read 362,443 times
One at cherry dale by Ingles and one on N pleasantburg behind bob jones

Old 11-21-2019, 01:24 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times
Quote:

Simpsonville didnt need 2 of them anyways. I dont think they need 3 McDonald's either. The one on South st could close, but then, I couldnt get my egg McMuffin as fast as I do there.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:42 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I wonder if they would have changed their name, if that would have helped? When I first saw a Golden Chick, I was sure it was a Chinese restaurant. (Kind of like Golden Wok). Is it possible people did not stop because they did not like (or thought) it was a Chinese restaurant? (I happen to love Asian food) like if they would changed the name to Fried Chicken Junction or something similar.....just a thought...

Golden Chick is HIGHLY successful in Texas. They aren't changing their name for our local market.

From what I can tell, there's Spartanburg, Orangeburg and Sumter left in the state.

They expanded into SC, GA and FL.. And Georgia is gone. Florida has one in Panama City and that's it.

But, they apparently do very well in OK and Texas.

Old 11-21-2019, 02:20 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
That is just a terrible location for a restaurant. It is almost invisible from US-123 and even a lot of the traffic into that shopping center never sees that location in the far corner. It's an almost new building but I predict it will sit empty for a while and it's hard for me to imagine what would be successful there.

Old 11-21-2019, 02:47 PM

428 posts, read 362,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
That is just a terrible location for a restaurant. It is almost invisible from US-123 and even a lot of the traffic into that shopping center never sees that location in the far corner. It's an almost new building but I predict it will sit empty for a while and it's hard for me to imagine what would be successful there.
My parents live in Heathwood and we tried the golden chick there a few months before it closed. Place was totally dead and honestly Popeye's is light years better.

Old 11-21-2019, 10:24 PM

42 posts, read 54,375 times
Quote:

The one at Congaree and Halton is a Clock
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area