Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2023, 11:26 AM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times

Advertisements

So sad all the restaurants I have enjoyed are declining and closing. Ryan's, Shoney's, Ruby Tuesday, K&W, O'Charley's and Fatz. And Applebee's, Chile's, and IHOP struggling to hang in there. Hopefully things will turn around. And somebody bring back a Big Boy! A bit far to travel to Kentucky, Ohio, or Michigan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2023, 11:32 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
So sad all the restaurants I have enjoyed are declining and closing. Ryan's, Shoney's, Ruby Tuesday, K&W, O'Charley's and Fatz. And Applebee's, Chile's, and IHOP struggling to hang in there. Hopefully things will turn around. And somebody bring back a Big Boy! A bit far to travel to Kentucky, Ohio, or Michigan.

Here's the issue in my eyes.. All of those have gone to crap. Or.. Went to crap before they closed.

Ryan's.. They were bought by the company doing.. What was it? Old Country Buffet. Which.. Quality went to hell at those, so the bright idea is.. Buy a successful chain, bring its high standards down to your crappy ones, and that equals money. No. You drove customers away from Ryan's just like you drove them away from your other concepts. And.. Now you're out of business. Had they bought Ryans and implemented what Ryan's was doing RIGHT at their other concepts..

Chili's has gone to hell. I loved going there in the 90's and 00's. And now? Meh. Someone suggests going to Chili's and.. I ask if they've got any other ideas. That's not from one visit. That's getting crap 4 or 5 times. After that.. You just know you're going to get crap the next time, so.. Why go back?

They don't know how to change properly. They're losing market share, thinking they have to change, and the changes they're making.. Suck. It's like they don't know how to keep what people like.

Old 08-24-2023, 11:50 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Waffle House is better than any of those places.

Old 08-24-2023, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post

WH has its lane.. And it sticks to it.

Honestly, if you think about it. When's the last time WH changed anything other than prices on its menu?

Old 08-24-2023, 03:41 PM

428 posts, read 362,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Legit

Old 08-24-2023, 03:45 PM

428 posts, read 362,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Can't be a surprise. They've been struggling for 10+ years.

They were one of the places to go back in the 90's.. But.. From about 2003 forward.. Just a slow, steady decline.

We went to the one in Clinton over the summer while the boy was here.. It was HORRIBLE.

I've been to the one in Greenwood a fair number of times, and.. It was always pretty good, even when others were slack in their standards.

Funny enough.. Back in 1997 or 1998.. I interviewed for their IT position. That was back when there were only about 5 or 6 stores and it was basically a single person doing it all.
Yeah, you've mentioned that before. My brother's friend was only one of a few people. He got to work from home. I feel sorry for him. I'm not a chain place type of guy, but sucks for people to lose their jobs.

Old 08-24-2023, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy_army View Post
Yeah, you've mentioned that before. My brother's friend was only one of a few people. He got to work from home. I feel sorry for him. I'm not a chain place type of guy, but sucks for people to lose their jobs.

Especially people like him who had zero influence on it.

Old 08-24-2023, 08:23 PM

34 posts, read 23,619 times
Quote:
Is it me, or does the supposed Outback in Simpsonville seem to have hit a stopping point? It seems nothing has happened on site for over a month
They just started hiring for the Simpsonville Outback. Opening in November.

Old 08-24-2023, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinggoat View Post
They just started hiring for the Simpsonville Outback. Opening in November.

Oh, that won't be a mess. Opening just in time for holiday traffic.

Old 08-25-2023, 07:00 AM

321 posts, read 406,256 times
Quote:
Oh, that won't be a mess. Opening just in time for holiday traffic.
I do think that location is pretty easy to get in and out of. A few right turns out of it and you can be on 385 going either direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area