Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 09:07 PM

422 posts, read 486,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
By the way, for those bashing him, you may want to look into how much this man donates to children's homes!

And? Al Capone built homeless shelters and opened soup kitchens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 09:07 PM

924 posts, read 1,644,442 times
I just checked their Twitter and saw nothing of the sort https://twitter.com/ChickfilA

Old 08-01-2012, 09:10 PM

475 posts, read 900,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
Glad to see they're staying classy
What's wrong with announcing success?

Old 08-01-2012, 09:10 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
This thread has taken a large detour I see. Time to kill it? Soo many posts coming in that I can't even keep up anymore.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:11 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Who the hell would call you a racist for voting Obama? I sure wouldn't, so stop laying a guilt trip on me.
Uh.............voting against Obama. We are constantly called racists.

You want to deny a right to a specific group based off a fundamental belief that not everyone shares, this is bigotry. This is a secularist government, you don't get to choose who has the right to marry or not based on religion.

A. Marriage isn't a "right". B. You want to redefine marriage. You are bigoted against 1 man/1 woman marriage. My voice and opinion are just as valid as anyone elses. You seem to be implying that since I am a Christian, I shouldn't have a right or vote or an opinion; that is very scary and seems extremely bigoted to me.

Religion is proving time and again to be an outdated, negative influence on our society.
Uh..........over 85% of the worlds charities and relief organizations are Christian and/or religious not for profits. If we did away with relifion, as you scarily appear to be implying, then who will care for the poor, sick and needy? On a sie note, more people have died under the hands of secularism/Marxism than any other ideology inthe world. Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, Lenin, Tito, Mussolini, all purported to subscribe to humanism/secularism/atheism. Whoever has educated you has done a really poor job, you seem to have never heard an opposing view.

Again, rebuttals in bod and italics.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:13 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
And? Al Capone built homeless shelters and opened soup kitchens.
And there we have it folks; In the mind of a radical leftist, A conservative Christian who has donated millions to poor and needy children is compared to a murderous mob boss. Yet, we're the "bigots."

Old 08-01-2012, 09:15 PM

9,504 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
I just checked their Twitter and saw nothing of the sort https://twitter.com/ChickfilA
https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23OutOfChicken

Geesh. Any more smart remarks?

Old 08-01-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
And there we have it folks; In the mind of a radical leftist, A conservative Christian who has donated millions to poor and needy children is compared to a murderous mob boss. Yet, we're the "bigots."

Sigh, I was only highlighting that the good things someone does not negate the bad they have done. I was not suggesting that CFA ceo is a murderous mob boss.

Furthermore, you don't know me or my political beliefs. The fact that you have repeatedly characterize me and anyone that disagrees with you as "radical leftists" says a lot more about you than me. Quite frankly my beliefs are complex and nuanced and I don't believe in boxing myself in any one category. It's shame you think in either/or terms.

Last edited by AddaVisser; 08-01-2012 at 10:05 PM..

Old 08-01-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23OutOfChicken

Geesh. Any more smart remarks?

You said CFA made that tweet and they obviously did not. The tweet comes from someone else not CFA themselves.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:22 PM

475 posts, read 900,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
You said CFA made that tweet and they obviously did not. The tweet comes from someone else not CFA themselves.
It came from Rick Warren via Cathy. I'd say he's a credible source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area