Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2019, 06:15 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoma View Post
Didn’t see it elsewhere so revived this thread. Mauldin approved pedestrian bridge across i385 for as part of BridgeWay development project for future Swamp Rabbit Trail connection. Funded by existing hospitality & accommodations tax funds and Prisma Health. https://www.wspa.com/news/local-news...ge-over-i-385/
On Facebook, I saw a ton of people whining about this. They were complaining of other traffic issues that need to be corrected. I reminded them that this bridge will be built with the Hospitality tax, which cannot be used for the type of things they were crying about.

BTW, I read somewhere of the economic impact that the SRT has had on our area. Investments like this bring a lot of economic revenue to the city as well as creates JOBS! If you build an SRT in your city (Mauldin, Simpsonville and FI) the benefits will follow and outweigh the financial investment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 09:54 AM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,650,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
On Facebook, I saw a ton of people whining about this. They were complaining of other traffic issues that need to be corrected. I reminded them that this bridge will be built with the Hospitality tax, which cannot be used for the type of things they were crying about.
The hospitality tax is a great way to fund these types of capital improvements.

I have lived in several areas, yet I can't remember seeing anything structured like this (a hospitality tax, which funds improvements which draw investment to the area).

Great job, Greenville County

Old 02-14-2020, 12:33 AM
NDL

The last update posted on BridgeWay, was almost a year ago.

Is there any new information on this promising development?

Old 02-14-2020, 04:28 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
The last update posted on BridgeWay, was almost a year ago.

Is there any new information on this promising development?
I think it’s on hold.

Old 02-14-2020, 01:28 PM
NDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I think it’s on hold.
Thanks for the update.

Do you think it's a permit or construction related issue, or are they having a problem finding tenants?

Also, how do you think the downtown Mauldin project will fare? You've got two very similar, large scope, projects, almost side by side.

I wonder if the downtown project is at a point where perspective tenants might give pause to going forward with BridgeWay?

Old 02-16-2020, 12:00 AM

78 posts, read 61,084 times
It’s not on hold, they are waiting for permits regarding the next phase.

Old 02-16-2020, 04:35 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoochie View Post
I noticed some construction equipment on site. Is that part of this next phase or something else? When is the next phase going to start construction?

Old 02-17-2020, 12:28 PM
NDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoochie View Post
Thanks for the info!

Old 02-17-2020, 12:42 PM
NDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I noticed some construction equipment on site. Is that part of this next phase or something else? When is the next phase going to start construction?
Do you think that BridgeWay's management team has a firm list of tenants? I wonder who will be renting there, especially with downtown Mauldin's project nearby.

Old 02-18-2020, 06:38 AM

36 posts, read 23,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
Do you think that BridgeWay's management team has a firm list of tenants? I wonder who will be renting there, especially with downtown Mauldin's project nearby.
I believe that there is a stage theater coming to BridgeWay. They have the land and are putting together funding for the facilities. It is billed as a theater and attraction called the Narnia Experience. It is supposed to have a shop, Narnia museum with props and costumes from the movies, and a themed restaurant. It will also house the Academy of Arts Conservatory and the Logos Theater, both of which currently share space in Taylors. I've been to several productions at their theater and they are professional quality, especially in regards to sets and costumes. I think, in the next couple of weeks, they are about to open an original production called "A Peep Behind the Scenes".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area