Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2021, 09:17 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
Whatever it is has a fuel station. Walmart or Harris Teeter?

https://www.supermarketnews.com/site...?itok=C71w5BIh
60,000 sq ft. I think the other two HT's are close to that. They could use a fuel center here too to redeem their fuel points.

Seems large for a WM Neighborhood Market and not even sure they are building those much anymore. Guess we will see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2021, 10:29 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,229,164 times
I am not aware of Walmart opening new Walmart Supercenter hypermarkets, Walmart Neighborhood Market supermarkets, and Sam's Club wholesale clubs at the present.

The redevelopment of Hudson Corners is due. A grocer (possibly a supermarket) and a fuel station/convenience store are mentioned. The site plan would provide answers.

Old 07-25-2021, 10:15 PM

192 posts, read 207,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
60,000 sq ft. I think the other two HT's are close to that. They could use a fuel center here too to redeem their fuel points.

Seems large for a WM Neighborhood Market and not even sure they are building those much anymore. Guess we will see.
The only Upstate grocery store chains that have fueling stations are Harris Teeter, Walmart Neighborhood Market, Ingles, or Lowes Foods.

Walmart Neighborhood Markets range from 35,000 to 50,000 square so it would be a little bit too big. Lowes Foods is about 4.3 miles down the road and, when I talked to Lowes Foods about Anderson and Easley, they said that their stores cover a 3 to 5 mile radius (so this store could maybe be them, depending on if they see demand for it). I have heard that Ingles is starting to speed up upstate expansion again (first 2 new upstate stores in a long while will be in the towns of Pendleton and Williamston in Anderson County, with more to follow).

This store is in line with what Harris Teeter's are in the region. For example, the Harris Teeter at Northpointe is 58,961 square feet and the Harris Teeter at Lewis Plaza is exactly 57,000 square feet.

Last edited by tim.brayden.sherman; 07-25-2021 at 10:23 PM..

Old 07-26-2021, 08:19 AM

17,567 posts, read 15,232,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.brayden.sherman View Post
The only Upstate grocery store chains that have fueling stations are Harris Teeter, Walmart Neighborhood Market, Ingles, or Lowes Foods.
Oh, crap, you do have Ingles stuck in there.

Went right by that.

Old 07-27-2021, 05:46 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,229,164 times
Quote:

Walmart Neighborhood Markets range from 35,000 to 50,000 square so it would be a little bit too big. Lowes Foods is about 4.3 miles down the road and, when I talked to Lowes Foods about Anderson and Easley, they said that their stores cover a 3 to 5 mile radius (so this store could maybe be them, depending on if they see demand for it). I have heard that Ingles is starting to speed up upstate expansion again (first 2 new upstate stores in a long while will be in the towns of Pendleton and Williamston in Anderson County, with more to follow).

This store is in line with what Harris Teeter's are in the region. For example, the Harris Teeter at Northpointe is 58,961 square feet and the Harris Teeter at Lewis Plaza is exactly 57,000 square feet.
Walmart has not opened stores since its store purge in 2016.

Ingle's new stores are approximately 72,000 square feet, and are building on property owned by Ingle's Markets and its affiliated companies. Hudson Corners is not owned by Ingle's Markets.

Most of Publix's new stores are 48,387 square feet. Publix exited fuel sales in 2013 when it divested its Publix PIX locations.

The redevelopment site plan I saw in The Post and Courier - Greenville includes a 60,000-square-foot supermarket with a pharmacy drive thru and a fuel station. (Link: https://www.postandcourier.com/green...c65db7517.html) The layout of the supermarket is similar to Harris Teeter's stores noticing the entry vestibule.

Old 07-30-2021, 01:56 PM

192 posts, read 207,200 times
I talked to the Whataburger real estate department and they said that they have sites under consideration in Anderson, Greenville, and Spartanburg.

They have nine slated for Nashville, an unannounced number slated for Atlanta, along with more slated to increase their presence in Alabama and Florida Panhandle.

Meanwhile, I'm now in touch with the Del Taco franchisee directly (as opposed to through corporate) who also says that they have sites under consideration in Anderson, Greenville, and Spartanburg. They have permission from Del Taco to open eight locations in the upstate.

Old 07-30-2021, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I talked to the Whataburger real estate department and they said that they have sites under consideration in Anderson, Greenville, and Spartanburg.

They have nine slated for Nashville, an unannounced number slated for Atlanta, along with more slated to increase their presence in Alabama and Florida Panhandle.

Meanwhile, I'm now in touch with the Del Taco franchisee directly (as opposed to through corporate) who also says that they have sites under consideration in Anderson, Greenville, and Spartanburg. They have permission from Del Taco to open eight locations in the upstate.

And Checkers is opening 23 new locations in the area.

For those new here.. They announced that back in 2018.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:37 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
And Checkers is opening 23 new locations in the area.

For those new here.. They announced that back in 2018.

and Captain D's announced they were going to open an armada of restaurants (20) across the upstate back in 2014. Easley got built but sank like the Titanic.

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/r...a-restaurants/

Old 07-31-2021, 09:30 AM

826 posts, read 1,125,306 times
Yep I don’t get excited about this stuff until they actually break ground. Remember Simpsonville was supposedly getting an Olive Garden and Red Lobster at some point too.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
Yep I don’t get excited about this stuff until they actually break ground. Remember Simpsonville was supposedly getting an Olive Garden and Red Lobster at some point too.

Not the greatest location so far as access in and out, but the old Ruby Tuesday's I'm somewhat shocked nothing has gone in there yet.

Simpsonville, the 385 side of things.. Doesn't have great restaurants. I'm not a fan of that Arizona whatever it's called now, Applebee's is.. Applebee's.. Chili's isn't what it once was, as a chain, not that particular location or anything...

I'd love to see something more local open up.. Steak or Seafood kind of place. Don't need more Chinese or Mexican..

Oh.. And who 'confirmed' Whataburger for Woodruff Rd a while back? Yeah.. Rumors, even the ones that have some basis in fact.. Are just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area