Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2020, 10:08 PM

192 posts, read 207,310 times

Advertisements

I have talked to them.

Noodles and Co said that their latest larger scale franchise agreement will bring 6 locations to SC. This includes 5 in the Myrtle Beach and Charleston areas along with 1 in Greenville!

Meanwhile, Pollo Campero is scouting Anderson and the upstate. Pollo Campero is a Guatemalan based chain of fried/grilled chicken that currently has 77 US location, with plans to expand with 250 more. They plan to centralize a lot of their SE US growth around Atlanta and Charlotte which makes the upstate a logical expansion area. According to vistatiger, they used to have locations in the upstate more than 10 years ago.

To finalize, according to the broker that represents Whataburger in Florida, Whataburger is getting ready to hire a broker that will cover the Carolinas. From what he heard, they are planning to start in Charlotte and expand from there. If this is true, then I don't think it will be super long till we see a location in the upstate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2020, 07:40 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.brayden.sherman View Post
I have talked to them.

Meanwhile, Pollo Campero is scouting Anderson and the upstate. Pollo Campero is a Guatemalan based chain of fried/grilled chicken that currently has 77 US location, with plans to expand with 250 more. They plan to centralize a lot of their SE US growth around Atlanta and Charlotte which makes the upstate a logical expansion area. According to vistatiger, they used to have locations in the upstate more than 10 years ago.

Found some pics of the Cherrydale Pollo Campero in latin publication back in 2009. It was in the duplex with Yogurt Mountain next door to Golden Corral and Starbucks. Space currently Joy of Tokyo. It did not last hardly a year. http://latino4u.net/polleria-revoluc...pollo-campero/

If I remember correctly they also had plans for a location at the time around North Hampton Market (Target shopping center) in Greer that never happened. Maybe someone can confirm but was thinking there was location briefly in Spartanburg as well.

Last edited by vistatiger; 10-02-2020 at 07:52 AM..

Old 10-02-2020, 02:26 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Mayweather Boxing + Fitness opening tomorrow on Woodruff Road: https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/b...g-event-oct-3/

Old 10-02-2020, 03:48 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
The former WFIS-AM property in Fountain Inn is on the market. It's behind the DMV if you didn't know where it was.

Suspect that will wind up being zoned as commercial, if it isn't already considered that and something will wind up being built there.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:14 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
I have talked to them.

Noodles and Co said that their latest larger scale franchise agreement will bring 6 locations to SC. This includes 5 in the Myrtle Beach and Charleston areas along with 1 in Greenville!

To finalize, according to the broker that represents Whataburger in Florida, Whataburger is getting ready to hire a broker that will cover the Carolinas. From what he heard, they are planning to start in Charlotte and expand from there. If this is true, then I don't think it will be super long till we see a location in the upstate.
That would be outstanding to have Whataburger come to the Carolinas. Nearest locations now are Jacksonville, Florida. Whenever I go to Orlando I always stop at the Jacksonville location which is on the same highway as the Avenues Mall located off I-95, but I forget the name of the road. But is on the same exit as the big mall on the other side of 95 from the mall. They have good wide, thin patty burgers and a famous orange roof.

Also similar when Jack in the Box expanded to the Carolinas in the 90's they first focused on Charlotte and expanded to the Upstate from there. At the time they were corporate locations but now they are franchised.

Glad we finally got Popeyes in the Upstate and Whataburger will be a great addition if it comes to fruition. Also glad to see Culver's. Now if we could just get a Roy Rogers and a Big Boy. People still have a fond memory for Shoney's, especially back when they were Big Boy.

Old 10-03-2020, 09:06 AM

i will believe Whatburger is coming here when I see it. How many times have we seen this. Just like Checker's announcing some time ago they were planning restaurants here. Has anyone seen one yet?

Ran across this article from 2017 regarding Taco Johns opening 100 stores in the Carolina's including Greenville and Spartanburg. Has anyone seen one of these yet? https://www.restaurantnews.com/100-s...olinas-121917/

These companies seem to announce these grandiose deals and nothing ever comes of it.

Old 10-03-2020, 02:14 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
i will believe Whatburger is coming here when I see it. How many times have we seen this. Just like Checker's announcing some time ago they were planning restaurants here. Has anyone seen one yet?

Ran across this article from 2017 regarding Taco Johns opening 100 stores in the Carolina's including Greenville and Spartanburg. Has anyone seen one of these yet? https://www.restaurantnews.com/100-s...olinas-121917/

These companies seem to announce these grandiose deals and nothing ever comes of it.
I would like to see Checkers return also. They announced plans about 2 or 3 years ago but nothing ever happened yet. The nearest location is Shelby, NC. But since they last departed the region Cookout has expanded aggressively so they would have some tough competition should they decide to return.

Old 10-03-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post

I talked to Taco John's Franchising division 3 months back and they told me that the franchisee for that deal fell through.

It is one of a couple of taco chains across the country:
Taco Bell, Del Taco, Taco Time, etc.

They have around 400 locations, primarily in the midwest and mountain regions of the USA. Closest locations are in TN.
Good tacos along with their signature item "potato oles" are supposed to be very good from what I hear. Unfortunately though, we won't get the opportunity to experience it at this time.

Last edited by tim.brayden.sherman; 10-03-2020 at 04:04 PM..

Old 10-03-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I would like to see Checkers return also. They announced plans about 2 or 3 years ago but nothing ever happened yet. The nearest location is Shelby, NC. But since they last departed the region Cookout has expanded aggressively so they would have some tough competition should they decide to return.
When I talked to Checker's Director of Franchising, Robert Bhagwandat, 3 months ago, he said that they still plan to bring locations to the upstate and plan 20 locations. I am thinking of checking back with him and getting an update.

Old 10-03-2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I talked to Taco John's Franchising division 3 months back and they told me that the franchisee for that deal fell through.

It is one of a couple of taco chains across the country:
Taco Bell, Del Taco, Taco Time, etc.

They have around 400 locations, primarily in the midwest and mountain regions of the USA. Closest locations are in TN.
Good tacos along with their signature item "potato oles" are supposed to be very good from what I hear. Unfortunately though, we won't get the opportunity to experience it at this time.
Del Taco had locations here years ago (80's) in Anderson, Clemson and Greenville. I believe the Cookout in Anderson sits on the same site where Del Taco was located then it eventually became a Fazoli's before Cookout if I remember correctly.

I also keep seeing national commercials for Oklahoma based Taco Mayo on ESPN. Odd they would advertise nationally when it looks like they are mainly located in OK, Texas, Arkansas unless they are looking to grow franchising as well.

Taco Mayo | Mexican Restaurant Near Me | Tex-Mex Food
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area