Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2021, 07:03 PM

5,159 posts, read 7,346,591 times

Advertisements

Inspired by Popeyes, Hardee's is the latest restaurant chain to upgrade its chicken sandwich. They now have a new improved handbreaded version, as well as a chicken and waffle sandwich and breakfast chicken biscuit. Initial reviews have been favorable, but quality control at Hardee's can vary by location. A well managed Hardee's presents a premium product, including fresh cooked Angus Thickburgers, Star burgers, and famous breakfast biscuits. But some locations don't always live up to standards, so that can be hit or miss. Hopefully they will continue to improve, as the Carl's Jr. locations seem to have more consistent quality control, as well as some franchised locations. And some franchised Hardee's locations still serve fried chicken as a holdover from the Roy Rogers days.

But Popeyes has inspired the chicken sandwich craze and most competition has upgraded to keep pace, including recently Zaxby's and KFC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2021, 07:02 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Anyone excited about Rapid Fired Pizza in Easley? Opening any day now!

Old 05-23-2021, 08:50 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Inspired by Popeyes, Hardee's is the latest restaurant chain to upgrade its chicken sandwich. They now have a new improved handbreaded version, as well as a chicken and waffle sandwich and breakfast chicken biscuit. Initial reviews have been favorable, but quality control at Hardee's can vary by location. A well managed Hardee's presents a premium product, including fresh cooked Angus Thickburgers, Star burgers, and famous breakfast biscuits. But some locations don't always live up to standards, so that can be hit or miss. Hopefully they will continue to improve, as the Carl's Jr. locations seem to have more consistent quality control, as well as some franchised locations. And some franchised Hardee's locations still serve fried chicken as a holdover from the Roy Rogers days.

But Popeyes has inspired the chicken sandwich craze and most competition has upgraded to keep pace, including recently Zaxby's and KFC.

I had the popeyes sandwich.. Not impressed.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what it was hyped to be.

Honestly, I thought that Wendy's, up until the past couple of years (There's been a decline in their chicken sandwich).. Had the best chicken sandwich. All these seem to be copies of Chick-Fil-A. what I want.. I really don't want the pickles. I want chicken, lettuce, tomato and mayo. And.. if it has a bit of spice to it.. Makes it better.

Old 05-24-2021, 06:39 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I had the popeyes sandwich.. Not impressed.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what it was hyped to be.

Honestly, I thought that Wendy's, up until the past couple of years (There's been a decline in their chicken sandwich).. Had the best chicken sandwich. All these seem to be copies of Chick-Fil-A. what I want.. I really don't want the pickles. I want chicken, lettuce, tomato and mayo. And.. if it has a bit of spice to it.. Makes it better.
Agree. CFA is THE standard that everyone is trying to copy not Popeye's. Most just offer a spicy version along with it. I tried the regular McDonald's Crispy Chicken with pickles and nope back to the test kitchen you go. Not CFA.

Wendy's Spicy Chicken was always my favorite too. It's been around forever and long before these others.

Last edited by vistatiger; 05-24-2021 at 07:38 AM..

Old 05-24-2021, 07:24 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,756,471 times
Anyone been to the 4 Aces Kitchen, the new restaurant started by the former owners of Tipsy Taco? https://www.4aceskitchenandcocktails...aLkhFW6pvfToZg

Old 05-24-2021, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Agree. CFA is THE standard that everyone is trying to copy not Popeye's. Most just offer a spicy version along with it. I tried the regular McDonald's Crispy Chicken with pickles and nope back to the test kitchen you go. Not CFA.

Wendy's Spicy Chicken was always my favorite too. It's been around forever and long before these others.
Popeyes has a regular version and a spicy version. Very good chicken sandwich and I prefer it over Chick-Fil-A. Popyes set off the the current chicken sandwich craze that everyone else is trying to emulate.

CFA sandwich is similar to KFC original recipe, whereas Popeyes is more like KFC extra crispy. Both are good; just depends upon your preference. Now Hardee's and Zaxby's are trying to upgrade like Popeyes.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:08 AM

And speaking of Popeyes, I have heard the new Mauldin location is very good from folks who have dined there. Wouldn't you know after all these years of waiting for Popeyes to arrive in the Upstate they finally open near my old neighborhood just after I have moved away.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:44 AM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post

Yep.. Back when I was in college.. I pretty much ate at the Wendy's on Faris beside Greenville Tech every day (Before it burned down or whatever)..

My standard order was the Chicken Club with a spicy chicken on it. So, I got the bacon as well.

Wendy's quality on the chicken has gone down in the past few years.

Quote:
Popeyes has a regular version and a spicy version. Very good chicken sandwich and I prefer it over Chick-Fil-A. Popyes set off the the current chicken sandwich craze that everyone else is trying to emulate.

CFA sandwich is similar to KFC original recipe, whereas Popeyes is more like KFC extra crispy. Both are good; just depends upon your preference. Now Hardee's and Zaxby's are trying to upgrade like Popeyes.
Quote:
And speaking of Popeyes, I have heard the new Mauldin location is very good from folks who have dined there. Wouldn't you know after all these years of waiting for Popeyes to arrive in the Upstate they finally open near my old neighborhood just after I have moved away.

Popeye's spicy wasn't very spicy. I'll say that. Another thing I like about Wendy's.. There's some actual spice there. And... Popeyes seemed to have the same chicken, it was the mayo that was spicy.

As for the Mauldin location... It might be fine, I dunno.. I made it there once. Every other time, the line is wrapped around the building and ain't no chicken THAT good.

Old 05-24-2021, 07:30 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Haven't seen this posted yet, if so, my apologies; a restaurant with a drive thru window is being built on Verdae off of Woodruff between Bank of TR and Prisma Helath. Anyone know what it will be?

Old 05-24-2021, 08:46 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Haven't seen this posted yet, if so, my apologies; a restaurant with a drive thru window is being built on Verdae off of Woodruff between Bank of TR and Prisma Helath. Anyone know what it will be?
Tropical Grille.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area