Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2015, 06:08 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,444,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
Yes, they do.

Nice. Anderson has Neighborhood Market coming on the same highway that Publix, Ingles, Bilo, and a little further up Food Lion is on. Publix we all know is going nowhere, but im not so sure how Bilo is going to survive. Ingles may feel a hit as well, but at least they have gas.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:16 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,782,966 times
Publix>>>>every other grocery store chain.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:44 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,782,966 times
Tijuana Flats is now open.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:09 PM

4,214 posts, read 6,902,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Well Publix is nice but I do miss Harris Teeter. Glad to see them returning.
I have absolutely no problem with HT coming - they were my choice back in NC. I just can't think of anything I'm missing shopping at Publix and TJs here versus shopping HT and TJs in Raleigh or Charlotte

Old 02-02-2015, 08:00 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
The site doesn't link back here or cite city-data.com posts as a source. That partial attribution is a bit rude but doesn't ruffle my feathers or anything. Nosing around, it looks like Valien runs it. He's an active contributor here too, so it's not like he's just taking other people's stuff. Just speaking for myself, I'm okay with it! It would be nice if Valien added a link back where appropriate, though.

Hi all,

Yes, I am the one behind WOT. Thanks for the link. I have purposefully not mentioned it here as I'm not one to self-promote. Because I've been a member here for a few years and have really enjoyed the input and learning on what's coming I've started putting it together on a more web/user friendly format for others that are not on City-Data.

I try to mention the user when I remember or when I get an email tip but I do miss things from time to time. I will start putting forum links on articles and posts as I come across them as well.

I'm always getting questions from friends and coworkers on what's new and what's coming. And I enjoy spreading the news about it all. Hence the website.

If you feel that anything I post is inaccurate please let me know via PM here or off my site's contact page. I garner my 'data' from CD, Urban Planet, Facebook, Greenville News, etc. All of it should be public knowledge and if it's posted online somewhere online then I'll most likely publish it once I've vetted it a little.

Again, it's a fun project that I enjoy doing (I've started/run blogs since 2002) and if I can help spread the awesome news of cool places that are opening up in the Upstate then I'll continue to do so!

~V

Old 02-02-2015, 09:39 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,809,471 times
I like it Valien. Like I said earlier, I do think it provides a public service. Many people don't know what City-Data is, then trying to explain to them how to find the forum, then the thread....

Old 02-02-2015, 02:09 PM

17,573 posts, read 15,237,377 times
I think it's fine, too.. What I don't like about vBulletin (I'm biased, I used to work for their competition) is that you can't link to a specific post and still have it display within the thread.

For example.. If you link to https://www.city-data.com/forum/38256259-post2391.html which is Jandrew5's post at the top.. It only shows his post. Whereas other forum software.. If you link to a specific post..

http://community.invisionpower.com/t...omment=2521615

It takes you to that post being front and center, but with the rest of the topic thread still available.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:28 PM

453 posts, read 646,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
What I don't like about vBulletin (I'm biased, I used to work for their competition) is that you can't link to a specific post and still have it display within the thread.
You can, but it's less obvious than it used to be. For instance:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/green...l#post38256334

(I am no great fan of vBulletin either, for what it's worth. At this point, I don't know anyone who is. I'm pretty sure their business model is predicated on existing users finding it too much of a hassle to switch to something else.)

Old 02-02-2015, 02:57 PM

17,573 posts, read 15,237,377 times
yeah.. The point I left out of there, I suppose.. Was saying that it'd be nice to link to the posts here, so that if someone reading that site wanted to join in the conversation.. And could figure it out.. They could.. But.. Apparently I slid off topic while talking to myself.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:09 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,179,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
I have absolutely no problem with HT coming - they were my choice back in NC. I just can't think of anything I'm missing shopping at Publix and TJs here versus shopping HT and TJs in Raleigh or Charlotte
HT would be great here. There's items they have there I can't find anywhere in Greenville. I try to stop at the one in Hendersonville when I go up there. Love the LaBrea breads there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area