Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2015, 08:07 AM

151 posts, read 331,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
The other side of the building is Stanton Optical, which is open now. I think the doors opened in the past week or two.

I might be misremembering what the banner said, but Tijuana Flats is slated to open on Monday.

Elsewhere on Woodruff Rd., Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers has been discussed in this thread a few times before. It opens today.

When does renovation of the strip center behind it start. There is a sign saying its coming…and it is definitely needed. While they are at it, perhaps they do the other three corners as well (where the bar is, and the red robin corner). You would think given where that intersection is, that there would be more upscale tenants and it would look nicer. I noticed one of the tenants is now "Lucky Massage"….whats that all about?

Old 01-21-2015, 08:31 AM

453 posts, read 646,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgame View Post
When does renovation of the strip center behind it start. There is a sign saying its coming…and it is definitely needed.
I dunno. The architects behind the renovation, Harvley & Associates, were bragging about the upcoming work on Garlington Station last summer on Facebook, but it doesn't look like anything's started or even close to starting.

Last edited by Adam Tyner; 01-21-2015 at 08:44 AM..

Old 01-21-2015, 02:33 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
I am happy to hear that Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers is now open. I only ventured to the Easley location once, but I thought it was good. I enjoyed the double cheeseburger with the Freddy's sauce, which is a 1000 Island style sauce similar to the old Huskee and Big Twin sauce at Hardee's. It still frustrates me that Hardee's won't bring back the original large size Big Twin double cheeseburger, as it was one of their signature sandwiches for years. Especially since they still offer the identical Big Carl burger at their Carl's Jr. locations on the West coast. As well as the Superstar with Cheese, which has a red relish sauce and mayo. All Hardee's seeems to currently have is the Thickburgers, but no more thin patty double burgers. I like their Carl's Jr. menu better. But glad Freddy's is now open, although I also enjoy Culver's which is similar.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:18 PM

7,259 posts, read 4,628,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
The other side of the building is Stanton Optical, which is open now. I think the doors opened in the past week or two.

I might be misremembering what the banner said, but Tijuana Flats is slated to open on Monday.

Elsewhere on Woodruff Rd., Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers has been discussed in this thread a few times before. It opens today.
Yes, Tijuana Flats opens Monday January 26, 2015. They have a (private?) soft opening on the 23rd and 24th (this Friday and Saturday). Website shows their menu. They have several locations in the southeast but this is their only South Carolina location.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:03 PM

156 posts, read 227,256 times
Sidewall Pizza has opened on Main St in Travelers Rest (not full hours yet - check their facebook page for details https://www.facebook.com/sidewallpizza). They are serving homemade ice cream in addition to brick oven pizza.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:22 AM

503 posts, read 693,326 times
I noticed that someplace called The Flat has opened in the old happy pie location on woodruff rd. https://www.facebook.com/theflatsc wonder how long this one will last.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:53 AM

1,845 posts, read 2,764,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Tried, Nazca last night on Main St. in Mauldin; it is a Peruvian /Columbian place. Well what a nice surprise to see that they have Peruvian rotisserie chicken, one of the things we missed from Raleigh! We didn't try it last night as we wanted beef (which was delicious!), but we will be back and will report on it.
I got a chance to try this and also thought the beef was exceptional (Lomo Saltado). There are a number of other items I want to try also. The ambiance is nothing special but the food seems to be well above average based on what the others got as well.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:15 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
http://whatsopeningthere.com/

Founds this site while looking for info on Aldi's coming to Greer, thought it may be helpful.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:27 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
That website is passing along information that we have been discussing here.
Pretty slick. Whomever is doing it is doing a nice public service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area