Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 11:25 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times

Advertisements

Wow. I feel so out of it. I don't have a Kindle or an iAnything. I just upgraded my cell phone from one I got in 2001 to the lowest man on the totem pole, a Samsung Brightside. I don't use a cell phone, maybe once a month, so my plan is pay-per-use and it's about $5.99/mo. I have a good ole basic PC at my desk, and an old laptop (2009) that Bob bought about a month before he died as his back-up or travel computer for the times we'd spend the winters down here, only now it's in my BR and sometimes, I'll just curl up in bed, turn on the TV and play games on the laptop. It's nothing fancy, just a basic HP laptop. I prefer a laptop as I like the full sized keyboard. Even the laptop keyboard is too small for me and too flat (I like keys that click). Can't even begin to use the keyboard on my phone and have actually never sent a text message. Yes, I'm super old fashioned.....pay bills by check and have a land line, to boot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 12:05 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
Tn, I've flown up to Colorado four times since Bob died (in Feb 2010, three months after he died and I had to clean the house and arrange for movers, I was there for 15 days), and each time I've boarded my Yorkies and had a neighbor come over a couple of times a week for the kitties (check the dry food I left out and change catbox). Actually, even though all the animals were "Daddy's Girls", they've done fine with me gone. The Yorkies really like Petsmart's Petshotel, and the kitties could care less if anyone's home as they're pretty independent. Some of the Petsmart Hotels have Banfield Vet Clinics in them, so Maggie might be fine.

I flew to KC this summer and saw one of my daughters and her family and it was wonderful. They'd been in Hungary since 2008 and I was amazed at how grown-up the girls were and the youngest, Alex, was adorable! I would go to WA if for no other reason than to see the grandkids....

Old 12-31-2012, 09:00 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times
It snowed here over-night in the great town of Chino Valley, AZ. It is just a fine layer of snow but it looks so pretty. I always get excited when it snows. We don't see it often but we do get to see it half a dozen times per year.
Have yourselves a HAPPY NEW YEARS DAY!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! MAY IT BRING YOU ALL A NEW BEGINNING OF LIFE, JOY, PEACE< HAPPINESS< PROSPERITY and GOOD HEALTH!!!

Old 12-31-2012, 09:52 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Oh, smilin', you sound so good! It's so nice to hear the edge off of you. I am SOOO glad you went to see your doc. I really was so worried about you. Welcome back, gf.

I sprinkles snow that often in Az? I thought some snow would be a major event! You must live near some mountains?

To all my friends here have a Happy and safe New Year's Eve and a Happier New Year in 2013. May God watch over and protect us all.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:01 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
I'm going out tonight for a neighborhood New Year's Eve party. The men will congregate in the livingroom and watch tv and we ladies will play cards or "Left/Right/Center". I won $60 last time! It'll be a pleasant night and I won't feel like a 3rd wheel even tho it's all couples. I never feel strange/odd woman out when I go to these neighborhood parties. I know I'll get plenty of kisses and hugs tonight and that will make me feel good.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:18 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times
tam and marcy, I do not know anything about a Kindle, did not know they are like a mini computer.

I have a cell phone, Virgin Mobile, I can get onto internet when needed. I do not do texting.

Tam, so glad to hear you are going to have a enjoyable evening tonight, and I love to reeive hugs and kisses. Let us know how much fun you have and if anything happens funny, post in the Happy Room!!! Share the joy if you like.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:46 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,967,545 times
Just want to wish peace, healing, and blessing for everyone who is grieving the loss of a loved one this season. This is the toughest part of the year to suffer or remember loss. I want to congratulate all who made it through the holidays with grace and determination.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:00 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,525,886 times
I am so looking forward to next week when I start my Grief group. I am looking at it as a new beginning. I hope to make at least one friend. Someone to understand and lend support at this time. Tonight is the first New Year's Eve alone. Whether we went out or had dinner at home with friends it was always a special time. Tonight is just another night, but I hope the year to come will be happy and healthy.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:26 PM

379 posts, read 533,410 times
tami, I'm so glad you are going out! Have fun for me! I will probably be in bed by 10!

Old 12-31-2012, 05:32 PM

379 posts, read 533,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1948 View Post
I am so looking forward to next week when I start my Grief group. I am looking at it as a new beginning. I hope to make at least one friend. Someone to understand and lend support at this time. Tonight is the first New Year's Eve alone. Whether we went out or had dinner at home with friends it was always a special time. Tonight is just another night, but I hope the year to come will be happy and healthy.
Jude, it's my first New Year's Eve alone also. We usually didn't go anywhere, liked to stay home, but still...now he's gone. It will be another night for me too.

I'm so glad you start your Grief group next week! Wish I could be there to attend with you! I hope you are able to share, receive, and be comforted. One day at a time.....

Hi NEG, glad to see you posting here! Wishing you a blessed New Year!

tngirl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning