Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 07:53 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

Oh, you COUGAR, tn!!!!! LMAO. A 100 lbs and some 15 years ago when Earl broke off our engagement and dumped me, I went out with one our buddies who was 25 years my junior!!! Break-up sex but wth, gave my ego a boost. LOL, same "kid" bumped into us 3 years later after we finally did get married and the "kid" assumed I was pregnant! (Earl was a long time batchelor) He never apparently realized how old I really was. LMAO.

I like to use this thread for just gabbing as Sam and Keeper said. I hear you about missing being HAPPY. That's why I just blab a lot here about my personal life. Gossips be damned!

You have a super good time, tn. Don't get too sloshed and drive.

Stay safe, girlfriend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 05:35 PM

379 posts, read 533,410 times
tami, I am not a cougar!! lol

Well, the dinner/Christmas party was wonderful!! I had such a good time. I cannot even remember when I went to a function like that.....it has been years and years. I needed it!

This was at the home of my former boss (probation) and all my old colleagues were there. Knowing everyone there helped. I felt like I had never left the office. They want me to come back to work there so badly, and I am seriously considering it. Mark, the boss, said I could work a 4-day work week, Friday Saturday Sunday off. Wow, something to consider.

The guy I took as my guest is the director of a hospice provider. I met him years ago when he came to probation, then working for an addiction facility in town. Last night we met and he drove us to the party. When we came back, we sat and talked about the importance of grieving and some of the things that I had experienced, so it was sort of like a little counseling session for me. He is very wise for his young age.

Anyway, just wanted to report on the evening. I drank water while watching many of the others get a little....er.....frisky! Lots of laughs, a great dinner, and fun gift exchange.

Gee, I need to get out more often!

Old 12-16-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngirl205 View Post
tami, I am not a cougar!! lol

Well, the dinner/Christmas party was wonderful!! I had such a good time. I cannot even remember when I went to a function like that.....it has been years and years. I needed it!

This was at the home of my former boss (probation) and all my old colleagues were there. Knowing everyone there helped. I felt like I had never left the office. They want me to come back to work there so badly, and I am seriously considering it. Mark, the boss, said I could work a 4-day work week, Friday Saturday Sunday off. Wow, something to consider.

The guy I took as my guest is the director of a hospice provider. I met him years ago when he came to probation, then working for an addiction facility in town. Last night we met and he drove us to the party. When we came back, we sat and talked about the importance of grieving and some of the things that I had experienced, so it was sort of like a little counseling session for me. He is very wise for his young age.

Anyway, just wanted to report on the evening. I drank water while watching many of the others get a little....er.....frisky! Lots of laughs, a great dinner, and fun gift exchange.

Gee, I need to get out more often!
Hee-hee.

So glad you had a great time, tn. Sounds like you may still have a job change in your future. Why did you leave Probation to begin with? If the bennies are the same and you don't lose much, if anything, I'd say go for it. IF the reason you left wasn't too much of a big deal.

(((HUGS))),
~tami~

Old 12-16-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hee-hee.

So glad you had a great time, tn. Sounds like you may still have a job change in your future. Why did you leave Probation to begin with? If the bennies are the same and you don't lose much, if anything, I'd say go for it. IF the reason you left wasn't too much of a big deal.

(((HUGS))),
~tami~
I left Probation to take a part-time job (one floor up in the courthouse) at the clerk's office, working 8-2, so I could be home more with my husband. Of course, after I left, the director said that he would have let me work part-time too. He never told me that, he said it to another probation officer.

The benefits would be the same, and the 4 days would actually still be part-time for me. So we'll see how it all plays out.

There was another reason I readily took the job in the clerk's office; the director, while a great guy, is no manager. He avoids all problems and refuses to deal with any turmoil. There is a 78 year old woman that works there as a probation officer; she refuses to use a computer, makes mistakes all the time, makes her own rules....and the director just lets her do it!! Very frustrating, to say the least. Her live-in boyfriend just passed away, and she looks terrible, she has lost a lot of weight over the last year. Everyone is thinking (and hoping) that she will retire. She really has no business being there.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
I left Probation to take a part-time job (one floor up in the courthouse) at the clerk's office, working 8-2, so I could be home more with my husband. Of course, after I left, the director said that he would have let me work part-time too. He never told me that, he said it to another probation officer.

The benefits would be the same, and the 4 days would actually still be part-time for me. So we'll see how it all plays out.

There was another reason I readily took the job in the clerk's office; the director, while a great guy, is no manager. He avoids all problems and refuses to deal with any turmoil. There is a 78 year old woman that works there as a probation officer; she refuses to use a computer, makes mistakes all the time, makes her own rules....and the director just lets her do it!! Very frustrating, to say the least. Her live-in boyfriend just passed away, and she looks terrible, she has lost a lot of weight over the last year. Everyone is thinking (and hoping) that she will retire. She really has no business being there.
Wow, tn, I am astonished about the old woman. Hmmm, maybe you'll just have to hang in there until she retires, huhn? We had an old lady like that at Earl's and my shop way back. She never did retire and got laid off with the rest of us back in '04! She was in her eighties!

Old 12-23-2012, 06:45 PM

I bought myself a new winter coat. I haven't had a new one in years. I bought this gorgeous reversible one. It's dark brown nylon on one side (for rain/snow) and fux leopard fur on the other. 3/4 length and a hood. My gf last night said it was "stunning". I bought one with a hood because my hair has been making wearing my hats almost impossible and uncomfortable. So what did I do? I cut almost all my hair off! I can still get it into a small ponytail but it's all gone. My hair was long...halfway down my back. It's very thick and wavy too. Now that it's short again, the waves just bounce right back when my hair is wet. I actually have ringlets if I don't brush the hair. (I've always wanted straight hair)

Old 12-24-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I bought myself a new winter coat. I haven't had a new one in years. I bought this gorgeous reversible one. It's dark brown nylon on one side (for rain/snow) and fux leopard fur on the other. 3/4 length and a hood. My gf last night said it was "stunning". I bought one with a hood because my hair has been making wearing my hats almost impossible and uncomfortable. So what did I do? I cut almost all my hair off! I can still get it into a small ponytail but it's all gone. My hair was long...halfway down my back. It's very thick and wavy too. Now that it's short again, the waves just bounce right back when my hair is wet. I actually have ringlets if I don't brush the hair. (I've always wanted straight hair)
Well tami gurl, just another thing we have in common!! I have been shopping for a new coat too!!

Because I live in a small town and don't wish to drive 45 miles to shop, I am a "recliner shopper." I shop online from the comfort of my recliner!!

I have been looking at every website I can think of for a coat. I have been doing this for 2 days. Either I find one I like but they don't have my size, or I don't want to spend the asking price. But persevere I shall and I'm sure I'll find one sooner or later. I have one now that I have had for years, but I just want something new!

I'll bet you look smashing in that new coat and new hairdo!! You go gurl!!!!!

Love ya,
tngirl

Old 12-24-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Well tami gurl, just another thing we have in common!! I have been shopping for a new coat too!!

Because I live in a small town and don't wish to drive 45 miles to shop, I am a "recliner shopper." I shop online from the comfort of my recliner!!

I have been looking at every website I can think of for a coat. I have been doing this for 2 days. Either I find one I like but they don't have my size, or I don't want to spend the asking price. But persevere I shall and I'm sure I'll find one sooner or later. I have one now that I have had for years, but I just want something new!

I'll bet you look smashing in that new coat and new hairdo!! You go gurl!!!!!

Love ya,
tngirl
Dennis Basso Reversible Faux Fur Toggle Coat w/ Detachable Hood

^^^^^ That's the coat I bought, tn. I armchaired it too. Earlier this morning I decided instead of waiting until I got down to my other house to go to a particular store, I'd check to see if they have online shopping too. They do. Yay! I bought a parka for the really cold weather. The faux fur is nice and toasty but I'm out there for hours shoveling when it snows. My old down parka has so much ground in dirt from shoveling dirty snow, cleaning off my car and dry cleaning desn't get it clean anymore. It's light baby blue and looks really nasty now. So I ordered this one...

Chevron Quilted Down Coat Plus 169044117 | Anoraks Parkas | Ladies | Burlington Coat Factory

Wow! I must have bought the last one they had for online! It's sold out! My new boots will go well with both coats too. They're nice, huhn? I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who likes to shop online better than going to stores too, tn. Do you have Burlington Coat Factorys down there? Do you have Bealls? I found that store when I went to Florida. I sometimes shop online with them still too.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:04 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times
Hi everyone,

Wonderful for me to read your posts. Tngirl, wonderful to hear how you enjoyed the Christmas Party with former colleagues and the joy you experienced.

I had two parties to go to last Friday and only attended one and I met a widow who told me to phone her anytime I like to go out to eat. She was wonderful woman and her energy wasn't high, very calm so I really am going to call her. I am unable to right now to be around people who soar so high, I just can't feel that and the energy is a bit too much for me.

Tngirl, experiencing happiness for the first time in a long time, how wonderful. I feel your happiness.

These past 10 days have been difficult for me. I finally stopped at my Doctor's office and made an appointment and talked to the office girl and cried on her sholder. I feel so pathetic. I have been talking allot to my husband.

May 2013 bring Happiness, JOY, love, peace, good health, less despair, and Prosperity to us all.

Nameste,
Smilin

Old 12-24-2012, 01:36 PM

smilin, I'm glad you made a new friend.....and someone that can relate to what you are going through! And low key is a plus too. You must make an effort to go out and eat with her, it is a start for you and I'm sure you will enjoy the friendship. Good for you!

tngirl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning