Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2022, 02:47 PM

815 posts, read 979,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Mike is very fortunate to have YOU, and to have got your new 'dream' driveway poured and he got to SEE IT!!!.

While I'm sure he is wishing he was enjoying it with you... consider it a GIFT from him (you both admired it). And he won't have to worry about getting that first grease spot on it from working on a car! (as I do...too frequently).

It is really special you both were abe to realize this 'dream driveway' together, yet you will enjoy the tangible benefit for yrs to come.

Don't be afraid to ask neighbors and family to help you equip your home / estate to best suit your future abilities and needs to care for the place. (and the critters).

A neighbor gal lost her hubby last fall and has been able to make several upgrades in equipment, fences, driveways and gates to assist with stuff he 'planned' to do, but would have struggled with for another 20 yrs because he thought he was able to deal with it.

Your driveway is a great story, heartfelt to those of us still laying in the dirt and dealing with mud and dust

Pics when you get a chance .

I will bet a new concrete driveway is on the top 5 list of my spouse .

Have a blessed day.
The emptiness is real, so go out and hug your driveway. (While the neighbors are not looking !)
Thank you. You made me smile. Smile because when we were discussing the concrete driveway plans and debating the pros and cons of asphalt (much cheaper!) and concrete, he mentioned that asphalt wouldn't show grease spots. I thought that was so funny, because I didn't even think or care about that. The new driveway is already covered in leaves and sticks and muddy dog prints. Grease spots won't be noticeable
I would love to post pictures sometime, but I don't know how. Mike did all that complicated computer stuff. I know someone here will walk me through it when I feel up to learning a new skill. My brain is kind of full right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2022, 03:15 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
The stories some of you have shared are so touching.

* The driveway finally being put in, and Mike got to see it, how excited he was to go to the store and get everything Molly and Mike needed to spruce the place up, after so long of saving...the last dinner that was his favorite, tucking her in with some of the dogs, and his last words....gosh, it's just so heart warming. I can just imagine Mike acting like a giddy child at Christmas, wanting to go get the rest of the stuff...because that's how I act, too, when a plan finally starts coming together.

We're all going to have a "last day", and honestly, that's a great "last day" to have - excited, happy, both of you giggling about your new driveway - man I love that story.

* And then the story of Jeff and Susan....it's like a movie.

* What we learned from Kathryn and her husband, how they never fought, adored each other...

Losing those people is understandably heart breaking. Nonetheless, I want to thank you all for sharing those stories.

We see so much negative in this world, so many relationships that are horrid, so many divorces and arguments and fights, including fights in court...

I'm sorry for every last one of you who lost someone that close to you, no matter how old they were when they passed.

At the same time, I'm so happy for those who had someone that close to them. Someone who truly was their best friend, to the point that they didn't even have any other friends, the 2 just traveled the world together, as one poster said about her relationship.

I'm so. glad. you all got to experience that in life.

That's how it should be.

And that poem was wonderful.

Thank you for sharing them.

Old 04-29-2022, 03:56 PM

815 posts, read 979,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The stories some of you have shared are so touching.

* The driveway finally being put in, and Mike got to see it, how excited he was to go to the store and get everything Molly and Mike needed to spruce the place up, after so long of saving...the last dinner that was his favorite, tucking her in with some of the dogs, and his last words....gosh, it's just so heart warming. I can just imagine Mike acting like a giddy child at Christmas, wanting to go get the rest of the stuff...because that's how I act, too, when a plan finally starts coming together.

We're all going to have a "last day", and honestly, that's a great "last day" to have - excited, happy, both of you giggling about your new driveway - man I love that story.

* And then the story of Jeff and Susan....it's like a movie.

* What we learned from Kathryn and her husband, how they never fought, adored each other...

Losing those people is understandably heart breaking. Nonetheless, I want to thank you all for sharing those stories.

We see so much negative in this world, so many relationships that are horrid, so many divorces and arguments and fights, including fights in court...

I'm sorry for every last one of you who lost someone that close to you, no matter how old they were when they passed.

At the same time, I'm so happy for those who had someone that close to them. Someone who truly was their best friend, to the point that they didn't even have any other friends, the 2 just traveled the world together, as one poster said about her relationship.

I'm so. glad. you all got to experience that in life.

That's how it should be.

And that poem was wonderful.

Thank you for sharing them.
And thank YOU, for putting my thoughts into words. I wish I could make a coherent reply to every individual post, but my brain is too muddled. I am just touched and humbled that so many "strangers" are sharing such poignant and personal stories on this thread. As well as all the words of sympathy, hope and encouragement.

I know it's not all about "me", but I truly appreciate it. This thread is literally my lifeline right now.

Old 04-29-2022, 07:27 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,312,500 times
Condolences on your loss. Prayers of comfort for you.

Old 04-30-2022, 06:01 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,658,483 times
May you find strength and courage for your new journey. My husband always said, "I will never leave you," and I know he is with me every day. Grieve, laugh and remember.

Old 04-30-2022, 12:04 PM

11,295 posts, read 18,878,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
51 is waaaay too young to go. FWIW, offering prayers going up.

My senitments exactly. And being just 3 years older than this, it gave me a lot of pause......

Old 04-30-2022, 12:25 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,521,264 times
I am sorry for your loss. No one can tell you how to feel but life does go on and you will one day figure out HOW. For today, just do one thing for YOU. I attended Griefshare just 2 weeks after my LH passed almost 7 years ago. I wasn't really ready but that is when the next session began, and it gave me a reason to get out of the house and to see that others were suffering as I was.

Old 04-30-2022, 07:36 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,376,511 times
I'm sorry for your loss. I've been avoiding reading this thread because I don't want to think about it happening to me. A nightmare.

I wish you the best.

Old 04-30-2022, 08:25 PM

1,172 posts, read 2,531,392 times
Condolences Molly. A very sad way for you to find your dear husband. So sorry, it brought tears to my eyes. Thinking of you.

Old 05-01-2022, 05:51 PM

900 posts, read 684,185 times
Please accept my condolences. He sounds like a wonderful, wonderful guy. I am praying for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning