Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 10:31 AM

266 posts, read 866,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGrendelx View Post
Let me just start by saying I don't complain about living here in HR. I like it here, but because of what I'm trying to study, HR doesn't have the resources I need - VA, in general doesn't. California does, on the other hand, so I've set my sights on San Francisco. I should be out there by this February.
Good Luck with San Francisco!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 10:40 AM

1,700 posts, read 5,932,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
Good luck in your journey! I'll always love it here in HR, no matter how many complain. The way I look at it is, just like the song "big paradise," you don't know what you've got til it's gone.
You have to get out there to see it all before you can say this place stinks.
Thanks Erma! I hear what you're saying, and I get what Rdude says too, but I'd rather go see a place too before trusting stats and stuff. For example, I knew I always wanted to check out San Francisco based on what I saw online and read about, but I could never have predicted how truly GREAT the city is until I went out there. Nothing does it like actually experiencing it. I had a friend of mine graduate from VCU and he landed a job working for Warner Bros out in Los Angeles. It was his dream job, but because he hated LA so much he quit and moved back to Richmond. He, of course, studied up on LA and knew about the traffic, the people, the weather, the crime, etc, but knowing it doesn't mean experiencing it.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:41 AM

1,700 posts, read 5,932,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight61108 View Post
Good Luck with San Francisco!!!!
Thanks!

Old 04-21-2009, 11:21 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,199,083 times
Quote:
Statistics are bogus. They are made up from an non-existant population of nothing.

Yeah, obviously. Tell you what, Ill trust statistics. My guess is the area wont be too far off from what they say.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:33 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,999,002 times
I did it! I left Virginia Beach almost three years ago and moved to Grand Junction, CO...and I'm glad I made the move. No jet noise, no heavy traffic, no humidity, no hurricane threats, no tunnels and/or bridges to cross. The Colorado sky is deep blue and the sun shines almost every day. Colorado....where dress up attire means cleaning your hiking boots and ironing your jeans. I luv it!

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 04-21-2009 at 04:44 PM..

Old 04-22-2009, 11:15 AM

12 posts, read 23,697 times
We're moving to Las Cruces! Had enough of The Hampton Roads Area!

Old 04-22-2009, 11:20 AM

290 posts, read 1,159,570 times
Does Jet Noise really bother you all like that? I didnt know that was a real problem for people here, real minor to me, I guess I've actually become immune to it?..idk..

Old 04-22-2009, 11:22 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,454,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughLuv View Post
Does Jet Noise really bother you all like that? I didnt know that was a real problem for people here, real minor to me, I guess I've actually become immune to it?..idk..
Doesn't bother me either. I don't believe it bothers people who have their own homes near there either. Just something that bothers the few.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:31 PM

486 posts, read 1,948,967 times
Quote:
Doesn't bother me either. I don't believe it bothers people who have their own homes near there either. Just something that bothers the few.
I think it depends on where you are. We looked at places in Rudee Inlet and it was so loud that you had to stop talking while jets took off. If they weren't taking off every 15 minutes all day and night (with the exception of the 45 minute break every night) it would be different, but it would have driven me insane.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:38 PM

361 posts, read 1,465,529 times
If I could leave HR, and realistically if money wasnt an option, I would go to Manhattan, NYC. But for the forseeable future, staying put
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area