Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 08:41 PM

16,258 posts, read 43,190,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahj1102 View Post
Yes don't remind me I'm in a resort. My point was that it is reaffirming my desire to not be on crowded beaches.

I guess my question went misunderstood. I'm talking about Hawaii as far as having local and quiet beaches and not them all being tourist locations like the one I'm currently at now.

Not looking for Jamaica info.
If you want quiet beaches, maybe the Philippines. I've spent a lot of time there, and there are over 7000+ islands. Only a few are well-developed with tourists. Most of them are not at all.

I saw quite a few quiet beaches in Hawaii, almost none of which had "1000 people screaming simultaneously"....but you're still going to have tourists scattered about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 09:06 PM

124 posts, read 333,108 times
If you're going to live in Hawaii, you just can't escape tourists... they're just part of the deal of living in Hawaii.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:54 PM

56 posts, read 166,299 times
Guess I'm tired of the screaming for days now.

I don't expect to have the beach to myself, just didn't want every spot littered with people. Heck I won't be much more than a tourist myself when we make our first visit there in May. Just was seeing if there are indeed more local spots in Hawaii and not necessarily tourist spots.

It didn't even hit me till we got here to Jamaica that maybe Hawaii has no beaches not filled with tourists like where we are here. Didn't want to be shocked and disappointed.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:54 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,815,795 times
You can almost always find a quiet beach on any of the Hawaiian islands. With just a little walk, you can find one in Waikiki!

Old 03-23-2012, 01:17 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,908,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
You can almost always find a quiet beach on any of the Hawaiian islands. With just a little walk, you can find one in Waikiki!
Are you talking about Queens Beach? Or by the Hilton? Both have been getting packed lately. I kinda miss 2008/2009 when even the main drag of Waikiki was pretty wide open. With tourism about to set records this year, its a challenge lately, even during low season.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:23 AM

1,730 posts, read 3,810,823 times
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the local uncrowded favorite beaches are usually NOT promoted on the internet .... they'd not be uncrowded if every tourist knew about them. Nothing personal, just an internet reality.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:26 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,815,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Are you talking about Queens Beach? Or by the Hilton? Both have been getting packed lately. I kinda miss 2008/2009 when even the main drag of Waikiki was pretty wide open. With tourism about to set records this year, its a challenge lately, even during low season.
I have been going to visit my family there as an adult for almost 20 years and have never found that to be a problem. Last time I was in Waikiki was December 2010. There can be tons of people and if so I just walk a little ways until there isn't. Maybe things have changed though. I am going to be back there in about 6 weeks, I'll let you know!

Old 03-23-2012, 02:17 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,908,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
I have been going to visit my family there as an adult for almost 20 years and have never found that to be a problem. Last time I was in Waikiki was December 2010. There can be tons of people and if so I just walk a little ways until there isn't. Maybe things have changed though. I am going to be back there in about 6 weeks, I'll let you know!
Things have changed. Its good news bad news. Good - way more tourists is way more dollars for the state. Bad - its packed. Packed everywhere. I'm finding the beaches lately to be just as crowded lately low season as high season. I'm torn - I know packed in an odd way is good for the state - but at least in Oahu/Waikiki, the beaches are packed. As packed as they've ever been - ever.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:50 AM

56 posts, read 166,299 times
Not sure why you are the bearer of bad news cybercity.

All I want to know is are there relatively uncrowded beaches in Hawaii, published on the internet or not. It would be important to our move to know if there are places like this in Hawaii or nor? Not meaning a beach all to ourselves, but not overcrowded.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:34 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahj1102 View Post
Not sure why you are the bearer of bad news cybercity.

All I want to know is are there relatively uncrowded beaches in Hawaii, published on the internet or not. It would be important to our move to know if there are places like this in Hawaii or nor? Not meaning a beach all to ourselves, but not overcrowded.
you should be able to find a beach or two that is not crowded, depending on the type of beach it is...meaning nice swimming beach, not a rocky shoreline, and so on. also depends on the time of day and time of year. as others have said, there really isn't a beach in the chain of islands tourist haven't found. I doubt you will find a beach that you can pick up and go to when ever the mood strikes that will be empty sans one lone beach walker that you can have all to yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii