Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 05:58 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,754,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post
Because a corporation has to pay taxes, reinvest in their business, pay healthcare, pay rent, pay for operations and research.

Why should wal mart pay more for low skilled jobs?
And why should i help a little old lady across the street or defend others who are weak? If it doesn't profit me.

Still they made insane amounts of money, uhmmm lets not forget that the min wage employee has to pay taxes too, we all do.

How much profit will be enough so everyone benifits?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 06:07 PM

I further disagree about Hawai'i education, we cant even pay a liveable wage for our teachers, comeone! We should have the best paid and financed education system, if we are the most expensive.

But i do agree kill haole day was real i saw it in grade school when everyone waitted afterschool to chase down the white kids an torment them.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:18 PM

84 posts, read 83,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
no arguments about the jobs but this is an example of what im saying in 2012 walmart had total sales of 443.9 billion overall.

264.2 billion came from unitted states. Now remember that it takes 1,000 million to make a billion.

Now what is the total population of the unitted states?
312.8 million people (or exactly 312,780,968 people)

so basically each person in the country would like get around $1331.70 each on walmarts sales just for 2012. Just remember this is one corporation.

so what??????!!!!!

Old 08-23-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
lets try a different approach, Walmart hires aprox 2 million people ok.

so each employee could make $221,959 in a year from walmart sales.

So why cant we pay more?
Why should they? Do you pay $15.00 for a $10.00 item? And what Regal "we" do you refer to???? Markets, not ability to pay, determine prices, for goods, services and labor.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
And why should i help a little old lady across the street or defend others who are weak? If it doesn't profit me.

Still they made insane amounts of money, uhmmm lets not forget that the min wage employee has to pay taxes too, we all do.

How much profit will be enough so everyone benifits?
Your first sentence is a nullity. Walmart does, however, give a lot to charity.

Second, they have invested insane amounts of money to "make insane amounts of money", and when you Net it all out, it probably isn't more than a few percent on investment. And when dividends are distributed to ownership, how much is it. You have no clue, but only look at the gross revenue and say it is too much.

Third, there is no such thing as "enough". If you were a top-shelf athelete, how much would be "enough" for you to be paid in your contract?

Walmart is in business to benefit its owners - NOT "everyone". That's what a business does. What ROI does a stockholder in Walmart make at current earnings and stock prices. What is their P/E?

Old 08-23-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounds Complete View Post
Why should they? Do you pay $15.00 for a $10.00 item? And what Regal "we" do you refer to???? Markets, not ability to pay, determine prices, for goods, services and labor.
What makes you think your not paying 15 dollars for a 10 dollar item already and not know it?

Old 08-23-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
What makes you think your not paying 15 dollars for a 10 dollar item already and not know it?
I look at the price tag. Try it sometime.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Your first sentence is a nullity. Walmart does, however, give a lot to charity.

Second, they have invested insane amounts of money to "make insane amounts of money", and when you Net it all out, it probably isn't more than a few percent on investment. And when dividends are distributed to ownership, how much is it. You have no clue, but only look at the gross revenue and say it is too much.

Third, there is no such thing as "enough". If you were a top-shelf athelete, how much would be "enough" for you to be paid in your contract?

Walmart is in business to benefit its owners - NOT "everyone". That's what a business does. What ROI does a stockholder in Walmart make at current earnings and stock prices. What is their P/E?
They give to charity, im sorry when has charity or doing the right thing been about personal profits, no offense but do you think that if they couldn't get a tax writeoff do you think they would give the money away? cont

Old 08-23-2013, 06:43 PM

Maybe thats the problem there is no such thing as enough?

Old 08-23-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
I look at the price tag. Try it sometime.
I do and sometimes i see things priced 7 times it should, for the cost of materials it takes to make it. But im obligatted to pay that price if i want it, wouldn't it be nice just to come up to the cashier and say hey, you know what? i just want to pay for the price of the raw goods i don't want to support others, and why should i? Why should i pay for the cashiers wage or the managers because they our not smart enough to get a good education and be a business owner like myself(which i am). or heck i want to get my next nice car. See how that works?

There are many models for business, like mine i have aprox 300 employees, after expenses etc(about 25%) my employees get 75% of profits. i work the same hours and work right beside them too. Now i could of said "im so much better then others" and taken a huge cut for myself. But that wasn't my vision. I live very modest in nice area of town, i work maybe 20hrs a week like my

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 08-23-2013 at 07:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii