Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2020, 09:46 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
The surgery was very expensive and getting another surgery so quickly wouldn't be financially smart...Hopefully, I'll get like them more as time goes on...

I hope you do too.....because always wanting bigger is not a good sign IMO that your surgery was a success. Most are over the moon after they heal & see the results.

Old 10-04-2020, 10:06 AM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I hope you do too.....because always wanting bigger is not a good sign IMO that your surgery was a success. Most are over the moon after they heal & see the results.
Thanks... I may have not gone as big as I originally wanted, but they definitely look much better than they did before...especially the shape.

Old 10-04-2020, 04:51 PM

3,375 posts, read 1,970,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Yeah, I was really insecure when I had to have a bilateral mastectomy because of cancer. eight months after being widowed. I could have chosen to remain flat with two huge scars where my breasts used to be but I chose not to have to look at them in the mirror every day and be reminded of my cancer. So I had implants and then 3D nipple/areola tattooing. The latter finally made me feel normal again.
I call this a Success Story

Old 10-05-2020, 07:28 AM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
Default re

Quote:
Smallish breasts aren't necessarily bad...but when they're practically flat, it almost feels like a deformity. Breast implants is an expensive procedure, but it's one of the safest types of plastic surgeries...There's nothing to it. Well, I mean there is, but it's not as complex as other procedures..
But why should 'practically flat' seem like a deformity? My breasts were at my smallest when I was in high school. They have gotten bigger since then. Life happens-weight gain, having kids, nursing. It's scary to me that high school girls even get breast implants. My brothers ex girlfriend had them and she claimed it was because she was a very small A. She had all sorts of mental issues and went on to be a drug addict. I'm sorry to say but most of the people Ive seen get this surgery done have a lot of mental health issues.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
It's scary to me that high school girls even get breast implants. My brothers ex girlfriend had them and she claimed it was because she was a very small A.

You can't get saline implants until you're 18 because of the FDA...AND a couple yrs older for silicone....because breast tissue continues to grow.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:55 AM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
But why should 'practically flat' seem like a deformity? My breasts were at my smallest when I was in high school. They have gotten bigger since then. Life happens-weight gain, having kids, nursing. It's scary to me that high school girls even get breast implants. My brothers ex girlfriend had them and she claimed it was because she was a very small A. She had all sorts of mental issues and went on to be a drug addict. I'm sorry to say but most of the people Ive seen get this surgery done have a lot of mental health issues.
Because breasts are seen as a major part of femininity. While they don't have to be large to look feminine, there should be at least something to grab. Also, about 300,000 women get breast implants every year. I don't think most of them have mental health issues...

Old 10-05-2020, 01:24 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
No, I don't have the same opinion, because, from what people say about it, there is are medical reasons for it (too heavy resulting in back pain, painful indentations from bras causing skin irritations, etc.)

I think there is a big difference between elective cosmetic procedures and elective procedures with medical purpose to the patient.
FWIW, I had no pain or medical issues. Just not happy with them or the effect on my life. So in that case, it's rather similar. But a much more complex procedure.

I say, do whatever makes you happy! It's your body, as they say.

Question...can those of you with implants lay on your stomach?

Old 10-05-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

Question...can those of you with implants lay on your stomach?

Some ppl say that you can laterally displace your implants by sleeping on your stomach.....but there's really not that much risk, specially after 3 to 6 mos. The tissue needs to heal completely. BUT... I would always recommend following the surgeon's instructions tho...some will say to avoid it for up to a yr.

Post op tho....you need to sleep on your back & be slightly elevated for about 6 wks.

Old 10-05-2020, 02:28 PM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
Default re

Quote:
Because breasts are seen as a major part of femininity. While they don't have to be large to look feminine, there should be at least something to grab. Also, about 300,000 women get breast implants every year. I don't think most of them have mental health issues...
Whatever. do many men get penile implants? A large part of masculinity is having a big penis.

Old 10-05-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I think there is a big difference between elective cosmetic procedures and elective procedures with medical purpose to the patient.

The important point tho is that you're not the judge of breast implants for anybody but yourself. IMO it's creepy that you're in the thread just to say it's creepy.

AND.....

Quote:
I still find it so sad that so many women with low self esteem and body dysmorphia are still trying to fix themselves with plastic.

Women are screened for BDD.....so.....that's not true. Realistic expectations are discussed in a consultation....if you choose a reputable & talented surgeon. It's part of planning for a successful surgery that the patient will be happy about IMO. In BDD they still wouldn't be happy....they are the type that keeps wanting to go bigger & bigger.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 10-05-2020 at 04:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness