Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 11:12 AM

14,955 posts, read 12,157,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Oh, scratching the outside. Where the viruses are. Another American life lost to improper facemask use...
Ohhhhhh the draaaaaama...

Hint, it doesn't help anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2020, 11:41 AM

3,320 posts, read 1,819,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Page Not Found

The page you requested does not exist anymore. Sorry about that.
I got page not found also! Not sure why.

I then Googled 'fully geeked n95/n99 mask'

I got the link below which DID work.

https://www.fullygeeked.net/products...th-n95-filters

If the link I got above doesn't work for you, try googling yourself and see what happens.

Good luck.

Old 04-05-2020, 02:05 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,094,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
When you have a moment, try your hand at some basic arithmetic.

And be proud that you're in the herd of lemmings heading over the cliff in a total panic about a numerically insignificant event. And being completely trusting and naive, and unaware, is nothing to be proud of.

Again, try some arithmetic.

The flu is contagious. Compare the numbers.

Let's have a look back at this in a year and see what the numbers are. Even if Covid death numbers exceed the flu deaths, is that a RATIONAL reason to shut down the entire world economy?

Shutting down the economy is unbelievably destructive, it too kills people in droves, and IT'S NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE.

WTH are you talking about arithmetic no one said anything about arithmetic .

Old 04-05-2020, 02:26 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,589,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
What about old pillowcases or sheets you can cut up? I think that is what my mom plans on doing. I know I save lots of old sheets to use as drop cloths or in the back of my car for when I go buy plants or furniture or whatever.
Anything that's cotton and you can't see through it, is what I read.

I'm going to use bandannas...maybe double layered. I found no-sew instructions for a square of cloth.

Should I use my psychedelic bandanna, or my solid color? Choices, choices.

Old 04-05-2020, 02:40 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
are you serious ? how do we know the cia did not put it out in the air to see what the general public would do ? this is my dim witted BIL's theory of what this virus is . I refuse to talk to him about it because he gives me nothing but a rash of crap and im done . i just cant believe there are others out there like him . Thanks for letting me know there are .
Your BIL's theory is hilarious! Normally, I'd say no one really thinks like that...but during this pandemic, I'll learning that YES some do. Thanks for sharing!

Old 04-05-2020, 06:36 PM

604 posts, read 840,158 times
My husband is a carpenter and has a couple of N95 masks and we have a few dust masks that I use sometimes when I cut grass. I am wondering how to clean these after they are worn? Is that possible? Maybe let them sit in the sun for 2 or 3 days before using again?

Old 04-05-2020, 08:34 PM

13,274 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd393 View Post
Just curious. Do medical workers wear the N95 masks that have a valve on them? The valve seems to let exhaled breath pass out unfiltered.
That's the model I have 3M 8511 has the valve on the front. I had purchased it a year ago to use while mowing lawn because of dust here in Arizona there is a fungus called Valley Fever get in your lungs. For a disposable mask it does an amazing job only cost me about $15 at Home Depot before all this happened. After this is all over going to put together a Pandemic kit with about 10 of these in it.

Old 04-05-2020, 09:16 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,361,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
For those who care to have the very best:

I ordered two hi end re-usable N95s with 8 filter refills on Feb 25 from FullyGeeked, made and shipped from China.
They arrived on March 25!
I was shocked when they got here (SoFla).

According to Fully Geeked they are IN STOCK NOW for $29 !!
Not sure how long it will take to arrive, but hey, get ready for whatever, right?

https://www.fullygeeked.net/products...th-n95-filters

Get some replacement filters also.
The masks are spacious under the mouth, breathing is very easy. I put a surgical over it and toss it after one use. They say you can use the filter many times.. not sure how many.
The exhale vents are adjustable but I think I'll open them when/if it gets uncomfortable.

Good luck out there!
I’d be Leary if buying masks made in China. How do you know the people that are them or packed them don’t have the virus? It’s not like the Chinese are going to be honest and let you know. I have a few Chinese friends and he said they won’t tell you how bad it is over there just to save face.

Old 04-05-2020, 09:39 PM

5,714 posts, read 4,294,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I’d be Leary if buying masks made in China. How do you know the people that are them or packed them don’t have the virus? It’s not like the Chinese are going to be honest and let you know. I have a few Chinese friends and he said they won’t tell you how bad it is over there just to save face.

The virus doesn't last more than 3-5 days. I wouldn't have the masks overnighted to me, but by the time they arrive from China via normal shipping there won't be any live virus. If you're still worried, let them sit a few more days.

Old 04-06-2020, 05:30 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,122,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Oops, you have apparently not heard of the obesity survival paradox regarding pneumonia? Sorry Slim; while me & my fat @ss might catch a pneumonia causing virus quicker than you?

You are actually more likely to die from it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4021571/
CDC says obesity is a high risk factor.

CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...gher-risk.html
Quote:
People of all ages with underlying medical conditions are at higher risk for severe illness, particularly if the underlying medical conditions are not well controlled. This includes people with:
  • Severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 40 or higher)
  • Diabetes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness