Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2022, 04:20 PM

2,170 posts, read 1,956,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
Second vaccine was pretty harsh as well as the first booster for most including me but that’s a normal side effect. It doesn’t matter how old you are. Covid doesn’t discriminate.

No actually it does discriminate. It attacks the elderly, unhealthy and obese. Have you ever actually looked at the statistics by age? I’m more likely to die in a car accident on my way to get the booster shot then from covid.

Old 09-18-2022, 05:25 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,601,583 times
Do you drive really badly or live hundreds of miles from anywhere with the vaccine?

Old 09-18-2022, 05:34 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,298,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Hey Buddy, I said, and this is an exact quote:

I never said I couldn't sleep AT ALL during that time, I said I COULDN'T SLEEP ON THAT SIDE FOR A FEW DAYS, so what did I do, I slept on the other side and on my back and stomach for a few days and slept like a baby and got my normal 8-9 hours of sleep each night during that time, boy some people, Jeez Louise!

For me (not anyone else), having an issue sleeping would mean, I couldn't sleep at all and get my normal 8-9 hours of slept, in this specific example that was not the case, therefore I never have had an issue being able to sleep all night, even when my one upper arm was sore, and I couldn't lay on it.

I had an issue with my upper left arm, NOT an issue with sleeping.

Life is all about being able to adjust, some people can do, while others can not!

God, I love these petty, pointless debates over semantics.

If you don't want people to think you had sleep issues after getting vaxxed, don't tell people you had sleep issues after getting vaxxed. The end.

Old 09-18-2022, 05:36 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,342,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
God, I love these petty, pointless debates over semantics.

If you don't want people to think you had sleep issues after getting vaxxed, don't tell people you had sleep issues after getting vaxxed. The end.
Thanks Buddy, I love you too!

I was able to sleep a full 8-9 hours after my 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Pfizer shots, but boy, my upper left arm was quite sore after the 1st and 2nd shots...............better.

Old 09-18-2022, 06:28 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,358,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
Doc on TV said by crossing over from Pfiser to Moderna or visa versa, you give your body an extra boost of immunity. I stayed on the same vax (Moderna) and I'm not sure had I known about the extra boost if I would have tried to cross. I don't think so, my appointment was too convenient, right day, right time.

On a side note - I have friends that are double vaxed, double boosted, and each one became very ill. I will use every tool available to me to keep this virus away. That includes masking in public and avoiding crowds. Next weekend there's a craft festival, I will go, but be one of the first to enter and exit.
I'm with you--every tool available. Only one in the store today wearing a mask. Oh well. I'd read the same about the crossover. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a Moderna booster in my area.

I had the latest Pfizer booster and a flu shot on Friday. As with each of my shots, I took a Tylenol immediately after. My covid arm was sore and still is a bit. It wasn't nearly as sore as it was after the first booster for me. I couldn't sleep on that are for a few days. The flu shot was more painful to receive, but there was no soreness.

Old 09-18-2022, 07:06 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,805,301 times
I have, and will, continue masking up when out in stores. Fortunately, not the only one.

Old 09-19-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Do you drive really badly or live hundreds of miles from anywhere with the vaccine?
No, I just have a brain that hasn't been washed by the liberal media and understand how statistics work. For the age group of 30-39 there have been 18,000 deaths total since the start of the pandemic. With the vast majority being morbidly obese or having other major underlying health conditions. So if you remove 90% of those people you're left with just 1,800 deaths over the past 2+ years for people in their 30s and healthy.

So I say again, statistically I am in WAAAAAY greater danger just driving in my car, but people like you don't worry about that. Why? Because the government and the media hasn't scared you out of driving.

If the media/government treated car crashes the same way they treated covid half of the population would never drive again.

Old 09-19-2022, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I have, and will, continue masking up when out in stores. Fortunately, not the only one.

Biden just said the pandemic is over.. so are you still "trusting the science"? Cause this feels more like a tinfoil hat at this point.

Old 09-19-2022, 09:04 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,298,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedupwiththis View Post
No, I just have a brain that hasn't been washed by the liberal media and understand how statistics work. For the age group of 30-39 there have been 18,000 deaths total since the start of the pandemic. With the vast majority being morbidly obese or having other major underlying health conditions. So if you remove 90% of those people you're left with just 1,800 deaths over the past 2+ years for people in their 30s and healthy.

So I say again, statistically I am in WAAAAAY greater danger just driving in my car, but people like you don't worry about that. Why? Because the government and the media hasn't scared you out of driving.

If the media/government treated car crashes the same way they treated covid half of the population would never drive again.
Ooooh, I love this clear-headed, totally apolitical logical stuff from people who haven't been brain-washed.
You said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedupwiththis View Post
I’m more likely to die in a car accident on my way to get the booster shot then from covid.
Assuming you only have to drive a mile to get vaccinated (it wouldn't change the outcome if it was 500 miles), your chances of dying are roughly 1 in 74,626,866, or 0.000000013.

Using your numbers for covid deaths in the 30-39 age bracket, 1800/ 45.4 million (apx number in that bracket in the US), your chance of dying from covid if you are in that age bracket and not morbidly obese or with other underlying health conditions is .000039

Which number is larger?

Last edited by Deserterer; 09-19-2022 at 09:37 AM..

Old 09-19-2022, 09:57 AM

1,400 posts, read 767,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
Hello. I am a 44 year old male. Tomorrow, I will be getting getting the Bivalent booster Pfizer along with the seasonal Flu shot. It was recommended that I can get both at the same time. My concerns are the normal side effects. Would my side effects be more intensified because I am getting both at the same time? I am off Sunday, Monday and Wednesday from work but also took Tuesday off just in case I need to rest.
I'm still trying to decide whether the CDC (Center for Disease Control) people are totally incompetent or just in this for as much money as they can possibly make. What if ten years from now a new group of "experts" take over and say oops sorry, now you can't have children. Also, if this disease is so terribly deadly, why do we have open borders with thousands upon thousands of unidentified people coming in and being shipped all over the United States. It's a real thing and mainstream news doesn't talk much about it. I wonder why $$$$$$$.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness