Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 03:38 PM

2,035 posts, read 3,349,149 times

Advertisements

I used "Equal" for years, then switched to "Splenda."

Was using it in my coffee, iced tea, and now and then on some frozen fruits or cereal.

I started noticing that every morning after my coffee, my hands starting itching. BAD!! To the point where i had to put cortisone creme on certain parts of them or i would go nuts!

I kept thinking "what is making me itch just from drinking my coffee."

Well - i recently decided to go more 'natural' with more things, and not use Splenda anymore - to just use sugar, and to other try other natural sweetners. (I worked for a drug company for years, and dont believe much of what they say about ANYthing lol.)

To make a long story short(er) - my hands dont itch anymore after my coffee. I dont know if it was the Splenda - but i'm not going to use it anymore. I dont drink beverages sweetened with it, or buy other foods that have it as an ingredient.

(edited to add: I just read the thread - and YES, mine were hives - i could see a big bump where each was, and the itch was horrible)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 04:23 PM

11 posts, read 23,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You eat bubble gum?

And what is his reason for banning aspartame?
He worked as a chemist, among the group that created and tested it. It was originally not supposed to be a sweetener. The original product they were to use it for failed. They were stuck with a huge loss to the corp and shareholders. in order to save the company they tweaked it a little and discovered that they could market it as the next great artificial sweetener. that is all i can say as he is still on the board of that chem company. he was really a great chemist(now retired). when i was a smoker he used to have these tiny tubes of toothpaste that he created in his lab. one little tiny dab of this on my brush and my teeth were sparkling white. i mean whiter than any whitener they have out now. sad but true that even the smallest things, like tooth whitening is a scam.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:28 PM

11 posts, read 23,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacel0 View Post
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Deit Coke
I have these adverse reactions from drinking Deit Coke, and eating Sweet and Low;
It took 19 years to develop ASPARTAME POISONING; Then I found this out TOO LATE;
Once you have it in your body; YOU DON'T PEE IT OUT;----- IT STICKS;

8-6-07
Anxiety attacks
arthritis------Glucosamine Sulfate--2 in the morning---3 @ bedtime-------------8-6-07
Chest Pain
Chronic Fatigue
Confusion
Dizziness ------------------ There's NOTHING that can be done for --------
fatigue --------------ASPARTAME POISONING;----------------
Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
Impotency and Sexual Problems---------very long winded
inability to concentrate
Insomnia
Irritability
Itching----------Loratadine---3 @ bedtime-----8-6-08
Joint Pains rashes
"like thinking in a fog"
Slurring of speech-----sence 1985
Marked Personality Changes
Tinnitus
Memory loss
vertigo--all the time
Muscle spasms 3-5-times a week
Numbness or Tingling of all Extremities -----?
Other Allergic-Like Reactions
poor memory
Sciatic pain-----Loratab-10.---3 per day----and when needed------11-01-08

Aspartame Disease Mimics these Symptoms or Worsens the Following Diseases
Fibromyalgia
Arthritis
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Parkinson's Disease
Lupus
Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS)
Diabetes and Diabetic Complications
Epilepsy
Alzheimer's Disease
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Lymphoma
Lyme Disease
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) (HADA)
Panic Disorder
Depression and other Psychological Disorders
It made me allergic to 85% of the food on Crest food shelves--NO-dairy,wheat,oils,seeds-
-----------------------it gave me alcohol poisoning-------------
--------VERY LONG WINDED when having sex WITH A EMPTY BLADDER
I sweat like a dog;--- Have sweated heavy since 1983
I thought my thyroid was bad, had it tested,-- NORMAL,-------
-----must be reaction from ASPARTAME
ASPARTAME turns into Wood Methanol at 78deg. Once it becomes active,
IT DON'T EVER TURN AROUND---ONCE YOU HAVE IT -IN- YOUR BODY, YOU DON'T GET RID OF IT; YOU JUST HAVE TO "WEAR" IT DOWN;
How did it get approved in the first place?

"When Donald Rumsfeld was CEO of Searle, that conglomerate manufactured aspartame. For 16 years the FDA refused to approve it, not only because its not safe but because they wanted the company indicted for fraud. Moderator cut: can only quote 1-2 sentences and provide link "
Donald Rumsfeld was on President Reagan's transition team and the day after he took office he appointed an FDA Commissioner who would approve aspartame. The FDA set up a Board of Inquiry of the best scientists they had to offer who said aspartame is not safe and causes brain tumors, and the petition for approval is hereby revoked. The new FDA Commissioner, Arthur Hull Hayes, over-ruled that Board of Inquiry and then went to work for the PR Agency of the manufacturer, Burson-Marstellar, rumored at $1000.00 a day, and has refused to talk to the press ever since.

Go to ASPARTAME - THE SHOCKING STORY OF THE WORLD'S BESTSELLING SWEETENER and you'll find out more facts about the BEST POISON ever invented by man; ---jacel0---

hey,
MANY of your symptoms are the exact same as heavy metal poisoning. ie mercury or lead etc. you really need to check your blood for metals and yeast. when a person has heavy metal poisoning they have a hard time with their intestines and also wind up developing yeast infections. not the girly kind. the kind that allows yeast to become rampant in your body. you should try reading about heavy metal (and yeast). you may find it interesting.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:46 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekko369 View Post
He worked as a chemist, among the group that created and tested it. It was originally not supposed to be a sweetener. The original product they were to use it for failed. They were stuck with a huge loss to the corp and shareholders. in order to save the company they tweaked it a little and discovered that they could market it as the next great artificial sweetener. that is all i can say as he is still on the board of that chem company. he was really a great chemist(now retired). when i was a smoker he used to have these tiny tubes of toothpaste that he created in his lab. one little tiny dab of this on my brush and my teeth were sparkling white. i mean whiter than any whitener they have out now. sad but true that even the smallest things, like tooth whitening is a scam.
The researcher who discovered aspartame was looking for an anti-ulcer drug. He decided to taste it and discovered the sweetness.

While it is true that Searle had its difficulties, it does not appear that they were due to failure to find the anti-ulcer drug:

G. D. Searle & Co. -- Company History

The success of Aspartame obviously did help the company, but it was a long time coming.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:18 AM

34 posts, read 53,358 times
Quote:
You eat bubble gum?

And what is his reason for banning aspartame?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
It is the BEST POISON ever made by man;
When it was invented in 1971?
The US military had it CLASSIFIED as a CHEMICAL WARFARE AGEBT;
The FDA -WOULDN'T APPROVE IT FOR only 1 REASON, --it caused HOLES in the brains of baby rats;
-----------------------------------------
GO READ http://www.wnho.net/the (broken link) _ecologist_aspartame_report.htm;
IF, you got READ this sight;
YOU WILL UNDERSTAND;::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ;;

Old 11-01-2011, 08:03 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacel0 View Post
It is the BEST POISON ever made by man;
When it was invented in 1971?
The US military had it CLASSIFIED as a CHEMICAL WARFARE AGEBT;
The FDA -WOULDN'T APPROVE IT FOR only 1 REASON, --it caused HOLES in the brains of baby rats;
-----------------------------------------
GO READ http://www.wnho.net/the (broken link) _ecologist_aspartame_report.htm;
IF, you got READ this sight;
YOU WILL UNDERSTAND;::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ;;
It was discovered in 1965. Your wnho "article" is basically a re-editorialized version of a well-known internet hoax that's been around since 1998.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:31 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
It was discovered in 1965. Your wnho "article" is basically a re-editorialized version of a well-known internet hoax that's been around since 1998.
It would not have made a very good chemical weapon, would it?

Kill the enemy with sweetness?

Old 11-02-2011, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
This is a great thread! I stopped using Aspartame over 5 yrs ago. First I overheard about someone getting sick and Aspartame. Then I did my homework on the Internet and even read of Aspartame connected to MS. I now use small amounts of splenda and sweet & low and regular sugar in moderation.
turas430;---- You have OVERLOOKED SOMETHING;
You didn't quit using aspartame;
When the patent was in force, aspartame HAD to be put in the ingrendent list; I know, I used to see it on Sweet+Low ingrendents list;
About 2-3 years ago, I was corious about it; I did a google search, and ASK GOOGLE, I put in -- Sweet+Low,--ingredents?
Someone came back, and ASK what I wanted to know?
I ASK - does it have aspartame;--- THEY WOULDN'T ANSWER;
On that ingrendent list "NOW", it says as sweet as 2tsp of surgar;
THE PATENT -20YRS- RUN OUT;
Now, it don't have to be in it;
It is now in 6,000 to 9,000 products;--- Start reading lists again;
IF it says surgar free, aspartame is about the 4th from the end of the list;
DON'T USE IT;---- IT CAN'T BE TREATED BY ANY DOCTOR, IF YOUR LUCKY ENOUGH TO FIND ONE THAT -KNOWS- ABOUT ASPARTAME;

Old 11-02-2011, 04:42 AM

Quote:
It would not have made a very good chemical weapon, would it?

Kill the enemy with sweetness?
---------------------------------------------------
NO, IT'S NOT VERY FAST; bUT, IT SURE IS - SURE;

Old 11-02-2011, 05:58 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
You know, using capitalization on whole words on the internet is equated with "yelling." This most often means whoever is posting that way, has found himself unable to convince anyone of his point by being gentle, and therefore insists on shoving his opinion into peoples' virtual internet faces. It is also symbolic of someone with serious anger issues. Moderator cut: rude
Since the only thing that's changed, is that you don't consume it anymore, and this is what we're seeing from you - maybe you should try adding some diet coke to your meals. Moderator cut: rude

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-02-2011 at 10:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness