Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2020, 06:12 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times

Advertisements

There’s another thread going about our porch to den conversion, but as you can see, it’s starting to look like a real room.
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-98f06337-b953-438c-a036-8a7089702b28.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 06:37 AM

3,798 posts, read 2,325,619 times
Excellent work! That looks great!

Old 05-20-2020, 12:47 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
We called our painter to see if he could stain new fence for us. He can next week. That is so nice of him considering it is very short notice. This morning he dropped off a brochure of colors. I looked through it for about a minute or so and picked a color I like. I handed it to Hubby who looked through it for about a minute also and he picked his color. Yup, we picked the EXACT SAME ONE! I LOVE when that happens! (And with us, it happens A LOT!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Can’t wait to see how charming the garage will look after it’s painted. I know you’ve been planning that for a long time.

Is that a big stump in front of the fence? Will you be removing it? Blueberry bushes are a great carefree choice for in front of the new fence. I wouldn’t even worry about the gap at the bottom. The bushes will hide it.
Yes, that is a big stump from a big tree that we cut down when we bought the house. It was blocking the driveway. We also cut down a big tree that was in back. It was right next to the house. Those two trees made it hard to get a vehicle to the garage.

We ground the other stump down and it is now paved over. This one we didn't bother to because it is not in the way. It also has the property line pin in the middle of it. Right now, it is pretty soft so nature is taking it back. As it rots, it will provide nutrients to our blueberries & asparagus.

Even though the blueberries will hide the gap, I don't want critters getting under it-digging to make the gap bigger or trying to get our plants from behind.

And your new den looks great.

Cat

Old 05-20-2020, 04:36 PM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
We called our painter to see if he could stain new fence for us. He can next week. That is so nice of him considering it is very short notice. This morning he dropped off a brochure of colors. I looked through it for about a minute or so and picked a color I like. I handed it to Hubby who looked through it for about a minute also and he picked his color. Yup, we picked the EXACT SAME ONE! I LOVE when that happens! (And with us, it happens A LOT!)

Yes, that is a big stump from a big tree that we cut down when we bought the house. It was blocking the driveway. We also cut down a big tree that was in back. It was right next to the house. Those two trees made it hard to get a vehicle to the garage.

We ground the other stump down and it is now paved over. This one we didn't bother to because it is not in the way. It also has the property line pin in the middle of it. Right now, it is pretty soft so nature is taking it back. As it rots, it will provide nutrients to our blueberries & asparagus.

Even though the blueberries will hide the gap, I don't want critters getting under it-digging to make the gap bigger or trying to get our plants from behind.

And your new den looks great.

Cat
Thank you, but you don’t think that critters will just walk around it?

Old 05-20-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Thank you, but you don’t think that critters will just walk around it?

I don't have an issue with them walking around it-just going under it and digging to do so.

Cat

Old 05-21-2020, 05:00 PM

Blueberries are planted. We have 4 plants-1 Bluecrop, 1 Blueray, & 2 Elliott. All have flowers and the Bluecrop even have berries already-they just need to ripen. So, we are going to have blueberries this summer-YAY!!!

We did order the asparagus and I don't know when they will be arriving. Soon, I would think.

We just need to find someone who will lay the slate slabs for us. Some are pretty heavy. I laid a few of the smaller ones today. We THOUGHT that people who were delivering the blueberries were going to but the guy said that he knew nothing about it. Hopefully, we can find someone BEFORE the wildflower seeds arrive. I don't think the seeds have been shipped yet.

Cat

Old 05-23-2020, 03:15 PM

I really wanted to hire someone to dig up the back yard. I THOUGHT the guys were put in the fence were going to do it but they didn't. So, we are not really going to have a new yard. But, our neighbor next door (who works in the slate industry) offered to put down the state slabs. We now have stepping stones around so when the new wildflower seeds arrive (someday soon hopefully), that will be done. We can walk around the yard without crushing the flowers.

He also offered to clean out behind the garage some time this summer. There is a bunch of crap back there-old tires, an oil drum, and who knows what else. He also found some more slate slabs for our stepping stones.

Cat

Old 05-24-2020, 01:51 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,198,861 times
We had our on Q panel in closet hooked up. A light installed in our garage walk in cabinets. And we are putting mulch i. All our flower beds and added some grass seed to bare spots.

Old 05-28-2020, 03:35 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
I am almost done with plantings for this year. Almost. After eight years of work, our place finally looks like I want it too. I am still a bit unsatisfied with the front, but the back yard is very pleasant. My roses this year are lovely.

I added several perennials and annuals, and switched my herb garden over to pots, stationed at my back door. This is convenient. I planted out my the former herb bed with some interesting perennials, and I hope to be happy and even pleasantly surprised.

We still have planting gaps, but I tell myself that it is so satisfying to find a plant to fell those gaps, and that I will enjoy this as it happens. Thinking of buying a Doublefile Viburnum.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:12 PM

11 posts, read 4,237 times
Wood paneling is quite reasonable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating