Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 11:41 AM

3,375 posts, read 1,970,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
Would it give the true color ? I guess I was worried would be different on poster then drywall ?
Poster board has two sides - one is shiny and the other is more absorbent like regular paper. I paint on the regular paper side and it gives an accurate color. Another poster had recommended leaving an inch border around the paint on the poster board to give you a better idea of what the color will look like when it's not taped up next to the existing color on the wall. I like to paint the entire board and then tape it up next to trim, moulding or a door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2020, 11:53 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Ok so I just went to store for drywall and the guy gave me Sheetrock? It was like a whole ordeal. He had to cut it. I carried this huge slab home and there’s paper on both sides. I thought it would peel off ? Can this be used !? Any one know ? What a waste.
No, don’t peel the paper off. That is what is keeping the insides together. Just paint directly on that.

Old 11-16-2020, 01:55 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,079,089 times
Sheetrock is drywall.

I can't believe they made you buy a whole board. Did you tell them you just needed a small piece? Like for a patch size? Lowes usually has it right where the rest of the drywall is.

Don't remove the paper. This is what your walls are made of. Paint right on it. It'll probably take a few coats, as it'll suck the first coat right in.

Old 11-16-2020, 02:03 PM

670 posts, read 480,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
No, don’t peel the paper off. That is what is keeping the insides together. Just paint directly on that.
Ok it’s not white tho either. One side is blue and other is brown. Bleh should have just did poster !

Old 11-16-2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Sheetrock is drywall.

I can't believe they made you buy a whole board. Did you tell them you just needed a small piece? Like for a patch size? Lowes usually has it right where the rest of the drywall is.

Don't remove the paper. This is what your walls are made of. Paint right on it. It'll probably take a few coats, as it'll suck the first coat right in.
I went to my local hardware store. They cut it up for me to like 3X3 but was pretty heavy to carry home. Didn’t explain too much to worker there because he was going on a tangent about a previous rude customer and that he wanted to beat him up. Lol was a fun experience at store !

Ok even though color isn’t white? One side is blue paper and other is brown.

Old 11-16-2020, 02:18 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,079,089 times
*facepalm*

They gave you blue? What idiots. That's not the type of drywall you use for paint. OMG.

Read this about types of drywall:

https://www.thebalancesmb.com/types-of-drywall-845079

Old 11-16-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
*facepalm*

They gave you blue? What idiots. That's not the type of drywall you use for paint. OMG.

Read this about types of drywall:

https://www.thebalancesmb.com/types-of-drywall-845079
Oh geez lol. Well this is probably my fault. I was thinking it would peel off. Guy was going off about fight with customer so didn’t want to ask too many questions lol. Okk off to get poster board !

Old 11-16-2020, 05:51 PM

Ok I think I need to start the search over. On poster Gray owl was too blue/green, balboa was too beige and agreeable is too dark. Looking for something light and airy but with a tinge of warmth. Any one have any other colors they have used ?

Old 11-16-2020, 11:12 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Ok I think I need to start the search over. On poster Gray owl was too blue/green, balboa was too beige and agreeable is too dark. Looking for something light and airy but with a tinge of warmth. Any one have any other colors they have used ?
You probably don't want to hear from me again, but...

"Moderate White" by Sherwin Williams.

Old 11-17-2020, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
You probably don't want to hear from me again, but...

"Moderate White" by Sherwin Williams.
Lol why wouldn’t I? All the help is appreciated. I will look in to that one! Going to get more samples today. Thanks !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating